•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bell County Bobcats
im sure coach kranz wil do just fine at ER if the rumors are true!!
Any word on the pre-season and our Bobcats.
freeagent Wrote:Here is the real question that everyone should be asking...What's going to happen when a rebuilding Bell team shows up and beats you on your field. Go Cats!
┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

The real question should be what is going to happen when Harlan County shows up and beats Bell by 4 TD's on their field.
YNWA Wrote:The real question should be what is going to happen when Harlan County shows up and beats Bell by 4 TD's on their field.

Why don't you tell us? I think you've had more experience with this considering last year was the first year Harlan beat Bell in a very close game! One thing about it, Bell is Bell and we will be OK. We may have a rebuilding year this year, but we still have some very talented players. I don't think Bell will have to resort to combining all schools within a 100 mile radius just to have a winning season. GO CATS!!!!
┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
freeagent Wrote:Why don't you tell us? I think you've had more experience with this considering last year was the first year Harlan beat Bell in a very close game! One thing about it, Bell is Bell and we will be OK. We may have a rebuilding year this year, but we still have some very talented players. I don't think Bell will have to resort to combining all schools within a 100 mile radius just to have a winning season. GO CATS!!!!
┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

You do realize that Bell County was formed by consolidated schools in the county just like Harlan County was, right? Harlan County just consolidated at a later date.
YNWA Wrote:You do realize that Bell County was formed by consolidated schools in the county just like Harlan County was, right? Harlan County just consolidated at a later date.

Please tell me how 1 small school 30+ years ago plays a factor in a winning team? What I would like to know is exactly how many schools did it take for Harlan County to have a winning team? At least let's try to keep this conversation in this century. GO CATS!!!
┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
Just ask how the preseason was going. How are we looking in 7-7 ? A lot of questions , just wondering how they were being answered.
Bell was Bell when Dudly was there. Yet to see if things change. This will be the first year the coach has to make something happen. Not near the talent. Can he do what the last coach done????????????????????????????
freeagent Wrote:Please tell me how 1 small school 30+ years ago plays a factor in a winning team? What I would like to know is exactly how many schools did it take for Harlan County to have a winning team? At least let's try to keep this conversation in this century. GO CATS!!!
┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

How many playoff wins did Bell have before the consolidation in 1985?

The Bell County School District has one high school and so does the Harlan County School District. What's the difference?
PRIDE101 Wrote:Bell was Bell when Dudly was there. Yet to see if things change. This will be the first year the coach has to make something happen. Not near the talent. Can he do what the last coach done????????????????????????????

So what you're saying is the coach that got Knox County on the road to where they are now is not the same coach we have now????????????????????????????
HDE Wrote:How many playoff wins did Bell have before the consolidation in 1985?

The Bell County School District has one high school and so does the Harlan County School District. What's the difference?

Again, can we not keep the conversation in this century. What you are comparing is a small Lone Jack school shutting down and joining Bell County vs. at least 3 schools that I know of consolidating to make Harlan County.

You are under the misconception that a 5A school with numerous seasoned players is going to go to a 3A school with few returning players and win by 4 Tds. I'm here to tell you that it's not going to happen.
freeagent Wrote:Again, can we not keep the conversation in this century. What you are comparing is a small Lone Jack school shutting down and joining Bell County vs. at least 3 schools that I know of consolidating to make Harlan County.

You are under the misconception that a 5A school with numerous seasoned players is going to go to a 3A school with few returning players and win by 4 Tds. I'm here to tell you that it's not going to happen.

Just curious. What do you think will happen?
freeagent Wrote:Again, can we not keep the conversation in this century. What you are comparing is a small Lone Jack school shutting down and joining Bell County vs. at least 3 schools that I know of consolidating to make Harlan County.

It was 3 schools. Cumberland High School, Evarts High School, and Cawood High School
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
freeagent Wrote:So what you're saying is the coach that got Knox County on the road to where they are now is not the same coach we have now????????????????????????????

Getting Knox on the road and maintaining the Bell is Bell statements are two different things. Questions that will soon be answered.

By the way how are things going. Where are the Bell fans on this site. Did they all graduate?
This may be the only year it could happen but, if there was ever a time when Harlan Co beats Bell by 4 TDs, it would be this year. You have Bell Co in a rebuilding year and Harlan Co is a Top 4 team in 5A, could maybe even put them as the #3 5A team in the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not me. I've never said Harlan County is going to win by four touchdowns. I was the one saying Bell was not going to lose to Middlesboro.

Bell County was terrible before consolidating. Ask someone who remembers the 80s and 70s and before. Lone Jack is about the same size as Evarts and Cumberland. Bell County had about 1,100 students when it opened and so did Harlan County. Not much difference.
Bell will be fine. Watched them practice last week. Skilled kids look really good. Lots of depth and quickness. I am not sure who is who without numbers but they will be ok. They have a couple of good size kids, not as big as last year but lots of solid, strong kids. Lineman will be the question as it always seems to be with them? But they also always have the answers. Some of the people around say they have a few new kids?
^
:truestory:
Bell County should be a top 10 team in Class 3A before its all said and done this year.
Bell will likely turn in an 8-2 record in the regular season and make a run in the playoffs. They just always find a way to do that. Our goal is to support them all the way so long as Knox hangs one of those 2 losses on their record...LOL.
Agree Football1; and make Harlan County the second loss, please!!!!

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Let's take a look. Really don't know schedule....but,

Loses
We beat them Knox
Tn. team Pitt
Harlan Co.
Whitley

Either way
Marion

Could be a 5-5 year.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Let's take a look. Really don't know schedule....but,

Loses
We beat them Knox
Tn. team Pitt
Harlan Co.
Whitley

Either way
Marion

Could be a 5-5 year.

Wayne County is a toss-up... Bell should handle Marion County
I would say of the 4 you listed Knox will be the lowest possibility of beating Bell. I saw Knox at Union last week and I was not impressed. They may have some kids missing but they will not beat good teams with that passing game or lack there of.

I know very little about south Pitt except their history which is phenomenal.

Whitley is a lot like us, good at the skill positions but lots of questions to be answered. Could be a toss up but I give us the edge.

Harlan co. Will be a tough mountain to overcome, could have be the best team to come out of Harlan co. since the lynch days.

Don't cry for Bell co. We will be fine.
Im not sure why Bell receives the hate they do, but ive respected that program for many years, all the way back to when i was playing high school ball. Dudley wasnt very liked among other fans and coaches, but the guy won games. I would think most would trade there past seasons with Bells success.
And, i can understand the HC/Bell relationship. Thats a true rivalry, and its needed for both schools. Its a fun thing to watch, especially since HC can compete now.

With that said, looking at Bells season, ive said it time and time again. This will be the most vulnerable year Bell will have since i can remember. I think its a rebuilding process thats going to take a couple of years to complete.

With the schedule, topcat isnt to far off. I think South Pitt and Harlan County are definite losses. The Whitley and Knox games will be similar, but i think Bell has a chance. They are very capable of winning those games. Ill keep them at a loss for now, but that could very well change. Wayne County is Bells most important game and i think Wayne will come away with a district title this year, but Bell has a chance in that game. Unless an upset to Corbin happens, I see the rest as sure wins.

At worst, I see a 5-5 season for Bell, and at best an 8-2 season. I think it will fall somewhere in the middle of that.
We are not crying for you...most are excited!!!! I will agree I also heard that we did not look good at Union. But, I don't think we will be playing you 7 on 7.

We are glad someone showed back up on this site. Last few years every thread was about you guys.

Did not know much of what Wayne lost. Could be 4-6.
No we will not be playing 7 on 7 but Knox will not come in and run the ball and win. It will not happen. If they can't throw they will not have a chance. Gist is a nice player but can't do it by himself. Unless Barger moves to RB or QB they don't have the weapons to win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not sure why Bell receives the hate they do, but ive respected that program for many years, all the way back to when i was playing high school ball. Dudley wasnt very liked among other fans and coaches, but the guy won games. I would think most would trade there past seasons with Bells success.
And, i can understand the HC/Bell relationship. Thats a true rivalry, and its needed for both schools. Its a fun thing to watch, especially since HC can compete now.

With that said, looking at Bells season, ive said it time and time again. This will be the most vulnerable year Bell will have since i can remember. I think its a rebuilding process thats going to take a couple of years to complete.

With the schedule, topcat isnt to far off. I think South Pitt and Harlan County are definite losses. The Whitley and Knox games will be similar, but i think Bell has a chance. They are very capable of winning those games. Ill keep them at a loss for now, but that could very well change. Wayne County is Bells most important game and i think Wayne will come away with a district title this year, but Bell has a chance in that game. Unless an upset to Corbin happens, I see the rest as sure wins.

At worst, I see a 5-5 season for Bell, and at best an 8-2 season. I think it will fall somewhere in the middle of that.

I agree with you there, the only thing between Wayne Co and a 15-0 season will be Central but, I think they will get past them this year. They came ever so close to it last year.

As far as for Bell Co, I feel almost the same with 5-5 being the worst and more plausible with 7-3 being the best IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
New to this site. South Pittsburg Alumni and former player. Everyone is our small town is looking forward to the drive into Kentucky for a season opening matchup with Bell County. Expecting a really good game!!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I agree with you there, the only thing between Wayne Co and a 15-0 season will be Central but, I think they will get past them this year. They came ever so close to it last year.

As far as for Bell Co, I feel almost the same with 5-5 being the worst and more plausible with 7-3 being the best IMO.

To be the man you got to beat the man. Wayne going 15 and 0 would be a miracle. They haven't beat Bell or Central so I'd say they aren't a favorite to win a title. If they win the district then some can start to talk.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next