•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
So let me get this straight. We're down to the head coach at Phelps,a middle school coach,a assistant from Johnson Central with no head coaching experience and some guy from Frankfort. I'm really starting to get pissed.
Tiger Fever Wrote:So let me get this straight. We're down to the head coach at Phelps,a middle school coach,a assistant from Johnson Central with no head coaching experience and some guy from Frankfort. I'm really starting to get pissed.

Actually, you are down to a HC from Phelps and a guy from Frankfort. I heard Eddie pulled his name out and I doubt Arms will leave JC because he has been pegged as JC's next head coach once Coach Matney decides to hang up the whistle.
Before I continue on with this post, I want to let everyone know that I am Justin Arms.

There has been a lot of hearsay to the current coaching situation at Paintsville. It is very unfortunate that Coach McCoy had to resign, but understandable due to the situation with his family. I believe that his decision emphasizes his true character and that he has his priorities in order. Christ and family before anything else. Best wishes and prayers to you and your famly coach.

Now, as for myself. I never applied for the postioin, but was contacted on Saturday and was asked to meet regarding it on Monday. I can honestly say that those next couple of days were a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. It has been a dream of mine to lead the team someday that I played for from 1999-2002. After the meeting, I spoke to my wife and decided to withdrawl my name from contention for the position. I am now the father of a six month old baby boy and I knew that I had to put aside my personal thoughts and ambitions for what's best for him. I am truly blessed to be in the position that I am in at Johnson Central. They gave me an opportunity out of college and have invested a lot in me both professionally as a teacher and also as a coach in football (Def. Coord.) and baseball (Asst. Coach). The importance of family and loyalty have been instilled in me since I was a young boy and that's what this decision came down to.

I believe that it is most definitely a tough spot for you guys right now especially with it being so close to the dead period and the official start of practice. Whoever the administration names HC needs the full supprt of the fans and community. I wish you guys the best of luck in the coaching search and am hoping for a successful season.

J. Arms
IRISH4 Wrote:Before I continue on with this post, I want to let everyone know that I am Justin Arms.

There has been a lot of hearsay to the current coaching situation at Paintsville. It is very unfortunate that Coach McCoy had to resign, but understandable due to the situation with his family. I believe that his decision emphasizes his true character and that he has his priorities in order. Christ and family before anything else. Best wishes and prayers to you and your famly coach.

Now, as for myself. I never applied for the postioin, but was contacted on Saturday and was asked to meet regarding it on Monday. I can honestly say that those next couple of days were a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. It has been a dream of mine to lead the team someday that I played for from 1999-2002. After the meeting, I spoke to my wife and decided to withdrawl my name from contention for the position. I am now the father of a six month old baby boy and I knew that I had to put aside my personal thoughts and ambitions for what's best for him. I am truly blessed to be in the position that I am in at Johnson Central. They gave me an opportunity out of college and have invested a lot in me both professionally as a teacher and also as a coach in football (Def. Coord.) and baseball (Asst. Coach). The importance of family and loyalty have been instilled in me since I was a young boy and that's what this decision came down to.

I believe that it is most definitely a tough spot for you guys right now especially with it being so close to the dead period and the official start of practice. Whoever the administration names HC needs the full supprt of the fans and community. I wish you guys the best of luck in the coaching search and am hoping for a successful season.

J. Arms

IDT anyone can fault you for this decision.

As for Paintsville's situation it is always darkest before the dawn.
^ Very classy post Coach.
Thank you guys very much. Again, best wishes for the program.
Coach, you most definitely sound like the kind of guy i would want coaching my child.

Very well said and the best of luck to you.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Coach, you most definitely sound like the kind of guy i would want coaching my child.

Very well said and the best of luck to you.

Thanks fan, best of luck to you guys this season.
Chirico?
Who is the coach from Frankfort?
Shoulderblock73 Wrote:Who is the coach from Frankfort?

Doesn't matter now, the program is done. Everyone will know after tomorrow. I said this a long time ago, mass exodus if it was not done right and it has not. I'm still supporting until the end
TigerBlues Wrote:Doesn't matter now, the program is done. Everyone will know after tomorrow. I said this a long time ago, mass exodus if it was not done right and it has not. I'm still supporting until the end

Who do you think will go, do you think Blake @ Prater will stay since they are seniors or leave and chase that winning season they want so bad.
Who stands to benefit most if there are mass defections? JC? Pburg?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Who stands to benefit most if there are mass defections? JC? Pburg?

I would say JC since its the local school, but too much animosity or pride between the parents to send them. So probably P'burg.
Are you all saying Kashmir is transferring? Will the Phelps kids stay?
Would have been lucky to get Arms!!! True no head coaching experience but he has never attempted something and not done well. He would have devoted hours doing what it took to change the program. He takes great PRIDE in anything associated with his name.
Phelps isn't going anywhere. His dad is one of the coaches. Kash will end up staying. I don't look for any movers.
TigerBlues Wrote:Doesn't matter now, the program is done. Everyone will know after tomorrow. I said this a long time ago, mass exodus if it was not done right and it has not. I'm still supporting until the end

So just because you're not in agreement with the choice you believe it wasn't done right?
I'm still trying to figure out who TB is considering for the "mass exodus"?
May be the first time in history that a Paintsville football thread has 1,000+ more views than a Belfry thread.
Tiger Fever Wrote:So just because you're not in agreement with the choice you believe it wasn't done right?

What choice? Do tell...
Heard we got the coach we wanted and lost our QB at the same time. Anyone know anything?
dns Wrote:Heard we got the coach we wanted and lost our QB at the same time. Anyone know anything?

"We" now that's funny. You crossed the creek a couple of years ago dns so you're not one of us.
Wrong one. So you don't know nothing, don't surprise me!!!
Until he enrolls at Pikeville, he's still a student at Paintsville.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Until he enrolls at Pikeville, he's still a student at Paintsville.

Already posted under the Pikeville thread on this site that he was on Pikeville's campus today. Is this the end of football for Paintsville? Will the Tigers let the school system shut down the program?
Ask tiger fever, he/she should know!!!!!!
dns Wrote:Ask tiger fever, he/she should know!!!!!!

:biglmao::biglmao:

That's great dns
I guess!!:dontthink:dontthink:dontthink
dns Wrote:Wrong one. So you don't know nothing, don't surprise me!!!

Heck Man it's the worst kept secret on rivals. Everybody knows that dns is actually the trouble stirring daddy.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next