•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
Tiger Fever Wrote:I really hate this for Coach McCoy and I wish him the best. I don't know how much more our program can take. Where do we go from here?

Chirico if he will do it.
TigerBlues Wrote:Have a little edge on another transfer coming next week if it can be confirmed. If he does comes, absolute huge pick up.

Well, that's done. Not happening.
Prayers go out to you coach and you family!!
We pick up, regroup, say a prayer for the McCoy family and find another coach.
Any news?
Did he get a better job to stay at Magoffin, will say a prayer for him family.
seen Coach McCoy on wymt where he guided lady hornets to softball state tourney & hope all is well with his family. Looks as being so late Tigers will have another intern
coach this season. Another blow for long term building of program as only way for program
to find its footing will be for the board to spend the bucks & bring in a proven coach.
...or do we roll out BMR for another year again?
Diogenes Wrote:...or do we roll out BMR for another year again?
looks to be only option with such short notice, as when things look bleak always can count
on BMR. But as the football program continues to unravel, just how much longer will paintsville continue to field a football team?
At this point, it's really a done deal. Watch for some of these kids to move on and who can blame them. This is a sad situation to say the least
Who's moving on? That's the first I've heard of it. Heard one of the boys coaching the black and gold was in the weight room today.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Who's moving on? That's the first I've heard of it. Heard one of the boys coaching the black and gold was in the weight room today.

I don't know of anyone leaving, as for the coach in the weight room JC probably felt sorry for us and loaned us one of theirs since we don't have one.
I'm sure that's exactly what it was, TB.
I heard today that Shawn Hager from Sheldon Clark was interested.
Has anyone else heard any other names that's interested in the job?
Ronny Wells would be a good coach to get. He is a good guy been a head coach before and is a Paintsville grad.
Peck from Phelps, Arms from JCHS, a coach from Frankfort. Not sure who else is interviewing.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Peck from Phelps, Arms from JCHS, a coach from Frankfort. Not sure who else is interviewing.

Peck could be a good pick up this late in the game, and so would arms.
Instead of choosing from those that apply why don't we go out and get someone with proven success. I think they let a gem go when they let Jim Tom go. He and Chirico was the element of success the last few years at Pburg.
This isn't looking good. I'm so disappointed right now.
I like Arms from JC. He has been learning under Matney for the last five years or so. So IMO he has paid his dues as an Assistant in a very successful program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Everyone has an opinion so here is mine. I think they have some great kids and will compete. I do think Paintsville still has some die hard boosters. I would make a list of coaches I want, not the ones apply.
Top Choices in my opinion
Chirico, if he wants it, let him have it.
Hager from Sheldon Clark would be a great second choice.
Hall from Allen Central would also be a good coach to try to get.

Don't settle. Go out and get it.
Also heard Eddie Blair is interviewing.
^Another good one. Not much experience at the HS level though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I like Arms from JC. He has been learning under Matney for the last five years or so. So IMO he has paid his dues as an Assistant in a very successful program.

Not a good fit for either Hook. That belly will have no shot at Paintsville and that's all they know under Matney. We simply do not have the horses on the line to run that type offense plus the one hasn't had any head coaching experience and is mostly a weight room coach.
We need divine intervention at this point. :HitWall: I really can't believe this has happened.
^I feel for the boys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
TigerBlues Wrote:Not a good fit for either Hook. That belly will have no shot at Paintsville and that's all they know under Matney. We simply do not have the horses on the line to run that type offense plus the one hasn't had any head coaching experience and is mostly a weight room coach.
We need divine intervention at this point. :HitWall: I really can't believe this has happened.

Any type of offense would be better than the spread which has been ran with very minimal success at best. I'm not saying that the belly is the best offense, but if one would actually study it, it's a systematic approach. The size of the line doesn't matter, it's blocking angles and reading the keys by the QB to take what is given. Whether it is a midline play, inside or outside veer. In 2008 JC had a lineman named Travis Scott who weight 160 with weights in his shoes.

However, I do agree, someone with head coaching experience should get the position and would be the best fit. Arms has been on staff for 5 years in which he was co-DC in 2011 with Reeves and promoted to DC in 2012. No offense play calling. His brother Kyle has been running the offseason weights. It's a tough spot for all involved and for a program that is essentially on life support. Whomever is hired would need the full support of the parents and the community. Too late on the game and close to July 15 for a big gun coach to come and it would take them throwing the money at them to come anyway. Something I don't know if PHS has. Hoping for the best.
This close to season starting only option would be to go the intern route again.
As mentioned earlier program on life support needs an experienced coach that is a program builder & proven they can win football games.
I wish Chirico's schedule would permit him to take the position. I would love to see him in a head coaching position. Great guy & coach as well. He was well respected by coaching staff, players, & fans alike at Prestonsburg. Wish he was still part of our staff.

Good luck to the Paintsville program. Hope they get everything worked out for the program.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Also heard Eddie Blair is interviewing.

Who is Eddie Blair? Where is he from?
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next