Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Football 2013-2014
With all due respect , that is not true.
Im not even remotely kidding when i say bell will beat mboro by 5 tds.
RisingJackets Wrote:I don't see why they couldn't. Tell me why you think they won't since you know so much?

The thing I notice is that earlier in the thread people are saying Middlesboro couldn't compete with Harlan County so there is no point in playing. How do you go from not competing with Harlan County to beating Bell County?
Harlan County beat Bell last year. The main reason why most Middlesboro fans believe they could compete with Bell is because the amount Bell is graduating. When in a way i agree with them. Bell is pretty unproven up until this point
This is why HDE.

Harlan County will beat Bell by 5 TDs this year.
Bell Co. will name the score on Harlan Co.
I'm pretty sure it is true. But why would middlesboro not have a shot to beat bell if you don't realize that they do then you might need to get your head checked. You can ask anyone who has ever been around this team that they are loaded with tons of talent.
Frazier has done a great job with what he has, but I saw Middlesboro play Harlan last year and they have a long way to go to play with Bell County.
HDE take a look at the roster. Bell will not be any thing close to what they were last year. They only have 3-4 returning starters back. Lost there best football player to a baseball injury this week. They will not be reloading, they will be regrouping. Last year has nothing to do with next year, you should know that. Bell was loaded last year. Harlan had a pretty good team as well. Believe what you want, Middlesboro has a good shot at beating them next year and the year after. We will just agree to disagree on the matter.
Nothing personal on my end in a Bell-Middlesboro debate. I have made the same point in many discussions about last year having nothing to do with this year, but I have also noticed that football tends to change verrrrrryyyyyy slowly. Some of the Bell fans last year could not accept the idea that Harlan County had passed up Bell, but it did take four years.
I did give some Bell fans a hard time about laughing when it was suggested that Harlan County could beat them last year, but the fact is that Bell still has a very good program. I saw their JV team play last year and they are still very solid. I've been wrong before, but I don't see Middlesboro beating them in football.
I think Middlesboro will be the real deal this fall. Their district is in for a shock!
I have no dog in the fight and really don't care who wins BUT, I don't see Mboro beating Bell next year or the years to come.
You know, its good to see the Middlesboro fans behind their team. They are a much improved team over the last 2 years. They are no longer the team you want to schedule for homecoming.

Do i think they will beat Bell this year? NO. I do think they will give them all they want and then some. If the program keeps heading in the direction it has been then you may see a victory in the next 2-3 years.

Stay behind your team Yellow Jacket fans. The confidence you show in them is good for the team. Good luck to both on the season.
I expect middlesboro to surprise their whole district!
RisingJackets Wrote:I believe middlesboro has a really good shot of going undefeated up until district games. I'm not to sure about union. I think Corbin will be a nail biter. Has anyone heard anything about lca, how many starters are coming back.

Union will be a tough game for Middlesboro, but also a good one. The school was formed a couple years ago as a result of consolidation but the two schools that merged were regional powerhouses. (One of them, Powell Valley, has several state titles.) It's actually relatively close to Middlesboro (a little over 60 miles) and they will bring a lot of fans. Union and Lee (who Middlesboro used to play every year) are big rivals.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:Union will be a tough game for Middlesboro, but also a good one. The school was formed a couple years ago as a result of consolidation but the two schools that merged were regional powerhouses. (One of them, Powell Valley, has several state titles.) It's actually relatively close to Middlesboro (a little over 60 miles) and they will bring a lot of fans. Union and Lee (who Middlesboro used to play every year) are big rivals.

Those titles and powerhouse statuses are from long ago. Neither team was very good at all in recent years. They have improved some. They will be physical. They are not comparable to Prestonsburg though as someone suggested previously in the thread.
Appalachia was the other school who combined. Also had some state titles. Again, a long time ago.
Mountain Lizard Wrote:I think Middlesboro will be the real deal this fall. Their district is in for a shock!

I think all Dist. Teams know M'bouro very well. This Middlesboro Team will be very good, IMO they are a year away from being a Dist. Contender. They have to travel to Danville and Somerset and both those will be tough win's. Good luck and we'll see you at Briar Patch.
Good luck to Jackets
I did watch middlesboro play Somerset when the Somerset seniors to be were 8th graders. They were both undefeated at the time maybe like 7-0 and somerset did beat them bad so I know this somerset team will be good. I have followed that team since that 8th grade year and they have had a good run. But i think middlesboro has really improved!
Yogibear Wrote:Those titles and powerhouse statuses are from long ago. Neither team was very good at all in recent years. They have improved some. They will be physical. They are not comparable to Prestonsburg though as someone suggested previously in the thread.
Appalachia was the other school who combined. Also had some state titles. Again, a long time ago.

The same week Middlesboro played SV they stopped at Union County High School to eat and at that time Union was ranked top ten in the state of Vrigina for their class. However I am unsure how classing there works. However Va is a BIG football state. Much more the KY. They are not one to look over, it'll be a dog fight
Mountain Lizard Wrote:I did watch middlesboro play Somerset when the Somerset seniors to be were 8th graders. They were both undefeated at the time maybe like 7-0 and somerset did beat them bad so I know this somerset team will be good. I have followed that team since that 8th grade year and they have had a good run. But i think middlesboro has really improved!

I've said it in this post a couple times... Middlesboro may very well come in 2nd in the district this year. They'll be a tough out for anyone. Somerset has as much offensive talent this year as they've had since the 2000 season. Should be a fun run in the district.
I think the Jackets have the talent to surprise teams this coming year especially their District foes. They remind me of the 81 Somerset team that beat the Jackets in the Regional finals that year when Middlesboro was favored to win the the State. So I hope my Briar Jumpers take this history lesson to heart and not overlook the Jackets or anyone else on our schedule. Take 1 game at a time and take care of business.
I expect Middlesboro to do well this year. They have a lot of returning players from a team that gave some good teams all they wanted last year. i think they will be very strong on the offensive and defensive lines. their weak spot in my opinion will be the QB position, and they lose one receiver that i know of. i say a 7-3 regular season.
i would like to see middlesboro win as well. the fact is they wont. not only will they not win it will easily be at least a 14 poiint game in the bobcats favor.