Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Banned pro wrestling moves
I saw a YouTube video showing "Banned Pro Wrestling moves".
It was only the Piledriver and reverse version of a Powerbomb.

And that got me thinking..........
What other 'moves and holds' do you know that are considered "Banned"?
None! Banned where??? There is nothing "Banned" in WWE worked or real! Throwing the man over the top rope was "banned" in the AWA and was an automatic DQ! After ECW, there has been no such thing as banned moves!
^
Just going by the video Mr. Rhodes.....
Video is is probably a work
I thought the piledriver was banned after the Stone Cold debacle?

I also think for a while that spearing people was banned - but I'm 99.99999999999999999999999% sure that one was 100% storyline.
^
So did i.
Quote:The piledriver was banned in WWE in 2000, unless the wrestler has special permission to use the move.[3] In a discussion in 2007, Stephanie McMahon said that only two wrestlers were allowed to use the move, "two of the stronger guys", Undertaker and Kane.[6] In fact, The Undertaker's tombstone piledriver continues to be his finishing move.[7] The piledriver is also banned in many other promotions and certain cities. It is also considered an automatic disqualification in professional wrestling matches held in Memphis, Tennessee, as the move is banned in that city.[8] In some promotions in the United Kingdom, the move can result in not only a disqualification, but a fine.[9] In Mexico, the piledriver (called a martinete) is an automatic disqualification.

There ya go
[Image: http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_..._352.0.jpg]

CM Punk vs John Cena

Punk with a head lock to start things off.

Cena reverses into a head lock of his own but Punk has his foot on the rope.

Cena hits a big back breaker and Punk rolls out of the ring as we head to break.

Back from break and Punk is hitting a back breaker on Cena and then puts in a leg scissors on Cena's head.

Cena stands up and drops back down to force Punk to break the hold.

Cena hits a running bulldog.

Punk hits a flying heel kick and then locks in a chin lock.

Cena fights out and nails a should tackle. Cena goes for another one but Punk is able to duck under and trip Cena who goes flying out of the ring.

Punk hits a suicide dive and rolls Cena back into the ring as we head to break again.

Back from break and both men are recovering.

Cena hits two should blocks on Cena and goes for a slam but Punk rolls through and locks in the Anaconda Vice. Cena is able to eventually roll through though and pin Punk forcing him to break the hold.

Punk hits a swinging neckbreaker and gets ready for the GTS but Cena counters.

Punk hits a springboard clothesline for a near fall.

Punk tries to go up top again but gets caught in the STF. Punk is able to work his way out of it and locks in the Anaconda Vice.

Cena then fights out and gets a crossface in again. But is able to get out of the hold and both men are down in the ring and slow to get up.

They get up and start exchanging punches.

Cena is able to hit a slam and gets ready for the five knuckle shuffle but Punk kicks him in the face.

Punk goes for GTS but Cena struggles out and then they exchange roll up chances.

Punk hits a running knee in the corner and goes for the bulldog but Cena fights it and slams Punk.

Cena hits the five knuckle shuffle and goes for AA but Punk fights out and goes for GTS.

Cena fights out of that and hits a powerbomb on Cena.

Cena goes up to the top rope but Punk meets him with a bunch and some chops.

Punk tries for a superplex but Cena fights out and knocks Punk off the turnbuckle.

Cena hits a leg drop from the top rope and gets a nearfall.

They make their way back to their feet and Cena hits the AA but Punk kicks out again!

They make it to the outside of the ring and Punk throws Cena into the post. Cena barely makes the count back into the ring.

Punk hits the GTS but Cena kicks out.

He goes for a second GTS but Cena counters into the STF.

Punk struggles and makes it to the rope.

[SIZE="4"]Punk hits a piledriver! Two count.[/SIZE]

Punk goes up top for the elbow drop but Cena rolls out.

Cena hits a hurricarana and then an AA for the pin!

John Cena wins by pinfall.

That was a hell of a match.
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-raw/201...for-feb-25
Yeah...and Punk got punished for doing that piledriver too.
^
Thats what i thought...
It's not a move... but doesn't some promotions Ban 'blading'??
Pulled this from WWE Network's facebook page

For those complaining that Bryan and Orton were fined for chair shots to the head, remember this: when The doctors autopsied Chris Benoit he had the brain of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient.

How did his brain get so destroyed? Blunt force trams to the head, like chair shots and diving headbutts.

The WWE has banned chair head shots and spiked piledrivers (the same move that almost paralyzed Steve Austin) because they don't want another Chris Benoit situation.

Back when John Cena and CM Punk had their epic encounter on RAW, both men were fined for the piledriver Punk preformed. Hell even Undertaker and Triple H were fined for chair shots to the head at their Wrestlemania match a few years ago.

Honestly, TNA and every other wrestling promotion would be smart to take a page from the WWE and also ban these moves before they seriously injure someone.

Since we're on the banned moves subject, I feel that if Randy Orton's "Punt Kick" is banned then Del Rio's kick to the head should be banned as well. What's the difference? Their both kicks to the head.
^ I think they should ban punches to the nuts and pokes to the eyes.

[Image: http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_roo...1319052842]

[Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md66ox...1_1280.jpg]
^ Yep. If they are gonna stick with this PG crap then some moves have to go
Not sure if this is still in effect, but some promotions back in the day had an Automatic DQ rule if you threw somebody over the top rope or used the top rope for any type of move.
I know as a youngster, as soon as I would see a new submission hold on Saturday morning wrestling.... I had to try it out on my cousins.

And Thank God, I never really hurt anybody.

IMO, submission holds should be banned. All it will take is one person that files a suit against WWE, TNA, ROH saying that they were injured by a move they saw on their program.
^
Yes, I know pinfall or submission is the only way to truly "win" a match in the pro wrestling world.

But moves like the camel clutch, boston crab, sleeper hold and now Brock Lesnar's kimura.... I'm sure there are already kids that have been injured by these moves. If the WWE is gonna be PG, they really need to think about the techniques they are letting their superstars use.
can anyone tell my why the kimura lock is banned? I don't see anything wrong with it. there's plenty of room to move and get to the bottom rope.
KyngDrummer Wrote:can anyone tell my why the kimura lock is banned? I don't see anything wrong with it. there's plenty of room to move and get to the bottom rope.

I think the "Powers That Be" realize that the Kimura is a Real move that can really hurt people. Kids seeing Brock Lesnar trying the move in a WWE ring is different than watching Brock Lesnar in the UFC octagon.

I know as a kid... me and my friends would try moves that we saw on Saturday morning wrestling. But I knew better than to try the karate techniques I had learned from class on my friends cause they can really hurt somebody.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed