Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mcreary Co. Coach?
Coach Hallock, thank you for the time and effort you have been willing to give to our Kids and Community. Thank You!!!
Yes Coach thanks for all you do and have done. Robert Jones seems like he maybe the issue here. There is a lot of talk in town of his dismissal unless something changes.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Rumor is current Somerset Football staffer Lucas Ford will take the job in Mcreary County, it is all but finalized at this point as far as I have heard.

Cellking Wrote:Coach Hallock, thank you for the time and effort you have been willing to give to our Kids and Community. Thank You!!!

Thank you Sir....God has called me to these kids and people. These boys are easy to love! They deserve the best and people who care and believe in them. I am not the best coach in the world I don't claim it. What I don't know I ll learn! But I will fight for these boys and give them all I got and wont allow anyone to disrespect them or the County we play for. Many of them don't have fathers the coaches are the only fathers they have. Some things are more important than the scoreboard, though winning is important too :1:

It has been my honor to coach and serve these boys and McCreary County and by Gods grace I will be allowed to continue. I have learned more from them than they have ever learned from me. The young men God gives Coaches the ability to lead and im pact are the reason Coaches should do what they do - to raise up the next generation of leaders- it is a gift and responsibility God gives us. One I do not take lightly. I pray for each one daily!

God Bless and thank for your kind words !!
Coach Hallock+
1 Cor. 15:57
Another day gone by in Whitley City and still no announcment on a Coach. Dang What's the Problem???????
Being from central Kentucky I have seen McCreary play few times. Seem to have some nice looking kids at times. I think someone given support could be successful.
Oldbutfat Wrote:Being from central Kentucky I have seen McCreary play few times. Seem to have some nice looking kids at times. I think someone given support could be successful.

Key word being Support. I hope whomever we hire has a Good Knowledge of the Game and how it should be taught. I hope the "whole" community rallies behind the New Coach and this program moves Fwd. at a fast pace. I also hope the Coach that is hired will stay for many years. But 1st we have to hire one.:Thumbs:
Who is in charge of hiring this coach at McCreary? I keep hearing Jones is the roadblock and most don't want to work with him.
In the past Mr. Jones has been guilty of many things that had a neg. results for Football. I don't think this time, at least the 2nd interview process is his fault. In my opinion we have a couple local people who would have been a good choice and we had several out of County Coaches apply that would fit well. I just know I wish they would name a Coach so the New Era in Football can get started. It is a shame that the new coach will not have sometime before school goes out to work on some Kids who are not playing, trying to talk them into at least trying Football. Again the kids are the ones who pay.
From a selfish point I hope Coach Ford stays in Somerset, but if they decide to hire him, McCreary will be getting a good coach who is young and understands the game. He understands the importance of little league programs/feeder programs as his father has invested 50+ years of coaching at LCYFL in somerset! If he can get the support I think he can be very good for McCreary. Coach Ford cares about kids and is very easy to get along with and will not go into a job looking to fire all asst. coaches. He understands you can never have too much help and too much community involvment. I don't know the other choices but I do know (and have coached with) Coach Ford and IMHO he would be a great addition to your program.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:From a selfish point I hope Coach Ford stays in Somerset, but if they decide to hire him, McCreary will be getting a good coach who is young and understands the game. He understands the importance of little league programs/feeder programs as his father has invested 50+ years of coaching at LCYFL in somerset! If he can get the support I think he can be very good for McCreary. Coach Ford cares about kids and is very easy to get along with and will not go into a job looking to fire all asst. coaches. He understands you can never have too much help and too much community involvment. I don't know the other choices but I do know (and have coached with) Coach Ford and IMHO he would be a great addition to your program.

I watched Coach Ford all last season. He works hard, understands how Football should be played, works hard on all the drills. Got along with rest of Coaching Staff, listened to suggestions, IMO he would do a great job at McCreary Central.:Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:In the past Mr. Jones has been guilty of many things that had a neg. results for Football. I don't think this time, at least the 2nd interview process is his fault. In my opinion we have a couple local people who would have been a good choice and we had several out of County Coaches apply that would fit well. I just know I wish they would name a Coach so the New Era in Football can get started. It is a shame that the new coach will not have sometime before school goes out to work on some Kids who are not playing, trying to talk them into at least trying Football. Again the kids are the ones who pay.

Talked with one of the players dad this week. McCreary finished the spring practice with 9 players. (This is with former coach, new coaches middle schools coaches trying to get players out.) The boys said around 16 was the highest number in the 10days. If McCreary don't bring a coach from the outside, that can fuel the fire and get people excited. I am afraid the program with go under in the next two years.

Reading a coach from Somerset is interested and I am sure they have other that has applied. Good Luck McCreary. Bring a great coach in.
I hope a coach is named this week. It would be great if the players knew who their new leader was going to be.
Any news at all. Slow process that is for sure.
May 13th 2013, we may have one named in the nest 3 or 4 Months. I jest, Hope it is soon. Middle School has a scrimmage at Fairview Tuesday at 6:00 pm.
May 13th 2013, we may have one named in the next 3 or 4 Months. I jest, Hope it is soon. Middle School has a scrimmage at Fairview Tuesday at 6:00 pm.
Word I get today is Sight Base hired Coach Galloway as Head Coach at McCreary Central High School. Goes to show in McCreary it is never over until it is over. Good Luck to Coach Galloway and the Raiders as they usher in a new era in McCreary Central Football. Hope you put together a good Staff and stay for a long time.
Cellking Wrote:Word I get today is Sight Base hired Coach Galloway as Head Coach at McCreary Central High School. Goes to show in McCreary it is never over until it is over. Good Luck to Coach Galloway and the Raiders as they usher in a new era in McCreary Central Football. Hope you put together a good Staff and stay for a long time.

Once again.....who? What's his background?
johnnyd Wrote:Once again.....who? What's his background?

Retired Military, Coached at Fort Knox for several years. All I know at present.
The word I got , No high school experience. Should have more details later in the week. Good luck McCreary had a chance to bring in a coach with experience . I guess we will read about this coach all fall and winter.
I hope this works out for the kids sake but I have my doubts.
Congrats Coach Galloway! One thing is for sure I do not see anyone out working or putting forth more effort then Coach Galloway, i think the kids will respond to him and his staff he is putting together in a positive way. I am glad the program is getting to move forward with a new coach now.Best of luck to Coach Ford as well I am sure he will land on his feet.GO RAIDERS!
I think Coach Ford would have made a Great Head Coach. I also think Coach Galloway will be fine. Once he put's his Staff together we will know more in the direction things will go. I said before this is not a 1 or 2 year thing, whomever the Coach would be was in for some lean times. Kinda like starting from point 0. Good Luck to Coach Galloway and his staff. May you stay in McCreary County for a long time. Go Raiders!!!!!
Could someone post 2013 Schedule.
OPPONENT SITE
Aug.23 Scott Co., TN HOME
Aug.30 Letcher Co. Central AWAY
Sept.7 Clinton Co. HOME
Sept.13 Pineville AWAY
Sept.20 Leslie Co. HOME
Sept.27 Casey Co. * AWAY
Oct.4 OPEN
Oct.11 Corbin * AWAY
Oct.18 Wayne * HOME
Oct.25 Bell * HOME
Nov.1 Estill Co. HOME
*DISTRICT GAME
1-9
From what they had last year they should win 3 or 4 games on that schedule. Being a border county I'd love to see them improve.
I do not know Coach Galloway that well but I will say this Lucas Ford is pure class and a championship coach. Any program wanting a top shelf head coach who has a state championship, state final, and four regional championships on his resume needs to call him right away! His record and blue collar approach to coaching will land him somewhere and wherever that is they will be championship calliber! I have the utmost respect for him.

Good luck to you Coach Galloway my prayer is you can take the kids and the program where it needs to go! God bless you on the journey.
Where did coach Ford win a state championship?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Where did coach Ford win a state championship?

When he was on staff at Lex Cath
E's Army Wrote:I hope this works out for the kids sake but I have my doubts.

I called my buddy at Fort Knox , he trying to find out if he coach there. He has never heard the name before. Sounds like a bad choice from what I'm reading on here.