Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should happen to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?
Once Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is found guilty what should his sentence be?

Death Penalty of Life with no hope of ever being free?
I'm not a fan of the Death Penalty so I'm for life with no hope.
He should be sent to
ADX Florence Supermax prison in colorado.
Sending 23 hours a day for the next 60+ years in a cell like this. Now that's punishment
What makes you think he will be found guilty?
Each cell has a desk, a stool, and a bed, which are almost entirely made out of poured concrete, as well as a toilet that shuts off if blocked, a shower that runs on a timer to prevent flooding, and a sink lacking a potentially dangerous trap. Rooms may also be fitted with polished steel mirrors bolted to the wall, an electric light, a radio, and a black and white television that shows recreational, educational, and religious programming.The 4 in (10 cm) by 4 ft (120 cm) windows are designed to prevent inmates from knowing their specific location within the complex because they can see only the sky and roof through them, making it virtually impossible to plan an escape. Inmates exercise in a concrete pit resembling an empty swimming pool, also designed to prevent them from knowing their location in the facility. Telecommunication with the outside world is forbidden, and food is hand-delivered by correction officers
Granny Bear Wrote:What makes you think he will be found guilty?
The evidence is to overwhelming even for government lawyers:notbad:
Death penalty.
nky Wrote:Sending 23 hours a day for the next 60+ years in a cell like this. Now that's punishment
I don't like the black and white TV. His life was destroyed by Islam, so the last thing that he needs is two watch some crazy imam assuring him that his 72 virgins are saving themselves just for him.
nky Wrote:Sending 23 hours a day for the next 60+ years in a cell like this. Now that's punishment
And cheaper than putting him to death, but it seems like death would be a better option. At least, as far as making American citizens feel better.
I think the general consensus is about the same. Like nky says, or Hoot. Both are bad.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't like the black and white TV. His life was destroyed by Islam, so the last thing that he needs is two watch some crazy imam assuring him that his 72 virgins are saving themselves just for him.
The prison determines what he watches so I'm pretty sure his religious programing will not be radical in nature
nky Wrote:[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...DESIGN.jpg]
I worked on a lot of these type cells at the Martin county Federal prison. The exception is the windows. They had none. They are eerie, even when new. The court yard that adjoined 23 hour lockdown was abot 40 foot square.
Death Penalty is to easy. 15-20 years then you go to sleep. He's 19 how log will he live? That's a lot of time to ponder your life and choices you've made.
nky Wrote:Death Penalty is to easy. 15-20 years then you go to sleep. He's 19 how log will he live? That's a lot of time to ponder your life and choices you've made.
Obama and Holder will want this guy convicted and punished on his watch if possible. I don't blame him, if I had the power I would expedite his death too. I expect that Tsarnaev will be tried and convicted before the 2014 mid-term elections.

Timothy McVeigh lived a little over six years after the Oklahoma City bombing. Six years is plenty of time to ponder a short life that was full of bad decisions. Obama wants to be seen as tough on terrorists for political reasons. I want him to appear tough on terrorists because it is in our national interest. Anything short of the death penalty for this scumbag will make him and the nation look weak.
nky Wrote:The prison determines what he watches so I'm pretty sure his religious programing will not be radical in nature
Muslims have been recruiting in our prison systems for years. The government cannot control the flow of drugs into our prisons, I doubt that they censor the messages delivered by imams, especially if the sermons are delivered in a language other than English or Spanish. You have far more faith in our prison system than I do. I see them more as criminal training grounds than rehabilitation or punishment centers.
We need to find his conspiritors before we do anything
I've heard twice this week that the 26 year old had a massive influence on his younger brother. Add the fact that he is a teenager with a problematic life.

Now, I'm not arguing that he will be found innocent; however, I'm not convinced he will be found guilty.
He will be sent either to the Federal ADX in Florence, CO. or the Special Management Unit (SMU) in Lewisburg, PA.

Not sure on the Mass. Dept. of Corrections facilities.... But I'd say the Feds will get first crack at him.

And for real.... if his "injuries" are pretty bad, he may end up at an FMC (Federal Medical Center) in a SHU (Special Housing Unit)
Put him on Con Air en route to Colorado and when they get up in the air, shove him out of the plane and say he tried to escape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWOP, by his self, in a cell for 23+ hours a day.
Its cheaper than giving him death, and you dont want to make him a martyr.
This is much more cruel than giving him an easy out.

The best possible soloution is for him to sit in a cell for 60 years and go completely insane.
His 72 virgin men will wait for him......
As soon as he heals up and regains his strength (if legal), transport him to GITMO and let those guys have a shot at "interrogating" him. When GITMO has all the info they can get, send him back to Boston, read him his rights, send him to court without letting anything he says at GITMO be used in court. Let his peers in Boston decide his earthly fate...hopefully his peers give God an early opportunity to sort him.

What I have described is exactly what this guy needs. If the media continues to make this coward into a victim, future jurors might have sympathy for him. I hope Bostonians are not falling for the media attempt to make us feel sorry for this killer.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obama and Holder will want this guy convicted and punished on his watch if possible. I don't blame him, if I had the power I would expedite his death too. I expect that Tsarnaev will be tried and convicted before the 2014 mid-term elections.

Timothy McVeigh lived a little over six years after the Oklahoma City bombing. Six years is plenty of time to ponder a short life that was full of bad decisions. Obama wants to be seen as tough on terrorists for political reasons. I want him to appear tough on terrorists because it is in our national interest. Anything short of the death penalty for this scumbag will make him and the nation look weak.
Mcveigh waived all his appeals. Admitted guilt and pushed to be executed. More than likely to become that hero, martyr for the case"but instead into the books of evil
Granny Bear Wrote:I've heard twice this week that the 26 year old had a massive influence on his younger brother. Add the fact that he is a teenager with a problematic life.

Now, I'm not arguing that he will be found innocent; however, I'm not convinced he will be found guilty.
may not be the case as far as the brother influence. He was still involved with the crimes. Using the defense my brother made me do it will not work
nky Wrote:may not be the case as far as the brother influence. He was still involved with the crimes. Using the defense my brother made me do it will not work

The "brotherly influence" will be his defense. Let's hope it fails miserably. There is NO excuse.
Sorry folks in advance…after knowingly placing the "cooker" behind the 8 year old whose life he took I have no semblance of pity for such a monster!

He should suffer the same end…

If our current legal system adopted an approach that when monsters such as this, with intent, planned the murder of many….death will and should be sentenced and could be quick, or slow. Videotape that and send it out to the radical world and this martyr concept will end quickly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
SKINNYPIG Wrote:As soon as he heals up and regains his strength (if legal), transport him to GITMO and let those guys have a shot at "interrogating" him. When GITMO has all the info they can get, send him back to Boston, read him his rights, send him to court without letting anything he says at GITMO be used in court. Let his peers in Boston decide his earthly fate...hopefully his peers give God an early opportunity to sort him.

What I have described is exactly what this guy needs. If the media continues to make this coward into a victim, future jurors might have sympathy for him. I hope Bostonians are not falling for the media attempt to make us feel sorry for this killer.

Oh you can rest assured the media and true believer liberals are mounting as effective a defense as they possibly can for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as we speak. He is 19 (the average age of a soldier during the war in Viet Nam), and his brother was 26. And yet, I've heard them referred to as boys, kids and other endearing terms which, I would think are calculated by their users to soften their image from murdering full grown terrorists, to isolated and confused boys, who were victimized by the harsh conditions of our society.

This is exactly what happened to the way we punish criminals in general here in this country. Over the course of time, courts and legislators have cooperated with the liberal demands for lighter sentencing for convicted criminals. Somehow, we have softened the perception of how heinous an offense murder is and consequently we have reduced the penalty for murder from the death penalty to an actual time served in jail period of just over 5 years on average. I guarantee you there will be the usual assemblage of folks burning candles and calling for mercy should Dzhokhar be given the death penalty for his deeds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think I can give a little input to this. I was a correctional officer for about 7 years. I worked at Kentucky Correctional Institution for women in Pewee Valley Kentucky for about 3 years(lol) and did about a year at U.S.P Big Sandy in Martin county that TRV was talking about and then almost 3 years at Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex in West Liberty Kentucky. I have worked with people from low security with no fence all the way up to death row and male and female inmates. In those 7 years I have witnessed some crazy crazy stuff. I tell all the people I know that if I ever screwed up to the point that I was going to prison that I would rather be dead.........and I am serious about that. People hear about the three meals a day and cable tv and all of this stuff and they think it's all cushy but it's not at all. It is a horrible life and I would kill my self first! [Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char039.gif]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh you can rest assured the media and true believer liberals are mounting as effective a defense as they possibly can for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as we speak. He is 19 (the average age of a soldier during the war in Viet Nam), and his brother was 26. And yet, I've heard them referred to as boys, kids and other endearing terms which, I would think are calculated by their users to soften their image from murdering full grown terrorists, to isolated and confused boys, who were victimized by the harsh conditions of our society.

This is exactly what happened to the way we punish criminals in general here in this country. Over the course of time, courts and legislators have cooperated with the liberal demands for lighter sentencing for convicted criminals. Somehow, we have softened the perception of how heinous an offense murder is and consequently we have reduced the penalty for murder from the death penalty to an actual time served in jail period of just over 5 years on average. I guarantee you there will be the usual assemblage of folks burning candles and calling for mercy should Dzhokhar be given the death penalty for his deeds.
After his lawyers get through with getting Dzhokhar a haircut and makeover, he will receive marriage proposals from all over the world, some of them from very hot looking women. We live in a sick society and can only hope that the prosecution can succeed in getting 12 reasonably intelligent Americans seated on the jury.
I would have much rather got the older brother alive.
He would have had so much more valuable information.