Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Boys Coaches of the year
WYMT Mountain news Coaches of the Year

12/13th - Robert Marcum (Clay Co.)
14th - Rodrick Rhodes (Cordia)
15th - Frankie Smith (Sheldon Clark)
Well deserved.

IMO, though....Rhodes should have gotten Recruiter of The Year...LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
They missed the 14th and 15th for sure.
first time in 25 yrs that sheldon clark has been to the regional finals, plus they lost justin johnson. Yeah they really missed that one thats for sure
I am with ya cardsrule!! How could he have NOT gotten it?! Really?!
Not taking anything away from Sheldon Clark but they didn't Win anything.....nothing!!!
That's What She Said Wrote:Not taking anything away from Sheldon Clark but they didn't Win anything.....nothing!!!
Who said coach of the year is based on you winning the region?? It is based on the body of work done during the year and the talent you have to work with.
Just saying, Both Bart Williams and Josh Cook would be ahead of the SC coach IMO. But everybody has different opinions that's why this is a message board.
^What did they win?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
They seem to miss a lot in what a coach deserves however this should be no surprise and Josh would have been in the same category as well as Bart. Many coaches do excellent jobs in certain years with what they have but don't get a lot of media attention. When they do I would think any basketball minded person would be happy for them. I bet you could have a poll taken of the coaches in the regions and not one would be aggravated with these decisions. Bring Justice and Johnson over to Piarist and see what a great coach that Kevin Tackett becomes overnight. Good coaching is good coaching as Keith Henry use to say.
What did Rhodes do to win COTY. With the talent he brought in he should have won the region but didn't.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What did Rhodes do to win COTY. With the talent he brought in he should have won the region but didn't.

Oh please.
I dont know how Somersets coach didnt get 12th.. 4 years before him the school wins a combined 30 games give or take and he comes in and takes them to the region championship and a 20 win season..
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What did Rhodes do to win COTY. With the talent he brought in he should have won the region but didn't.

He lost 4 times to the Coach that should have won it!
wymt is bias toward rhodes. They trashed KCC before the facts on the racial story. Knott should tell them to stick there tournament were the sun dont shine.
Rhodes has never proven himself as a coach. The only skill that he has displayed is recruiting.
Not proven himself. WELL DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this, his second year as a high school coach? Good lord, give the man some time. Jesus Christ himself cant please some people. I think Rhodes deserved the award. He went from having nothing last year to being a contender this year. What if Chris Hudson would of stayed at Cordia where he belonged? Regional Champs, NO PROBLEM. Recruiting is hard work. Just ask all the other coaches in the region how hard it is to go out and get players.
BB King and Tommy Mckenzie should be coach of the year in my opinion. They have took there teams to Rupp Arena two years in row.
mad dog Wrote:wymt is bias toward rhodes. They trashed KCC before the facts on the racial story. Knott should tell them to stick there tournament were the sun dont shine.

First, WYMT's awards are voted on by the coaches.
Second, Knott County Central refused to talk to the media until after LEX (who reported it first) and WYMT aired stories on the racial stuff. Knott trashed themselves by not talking about it in the first place.
Just wondering, what "facts" did they miss?
shot_calla Wrote:First, WYMT's awards are voted on by the coaches.
Second, Knott County Central refused to talk to the media until after LEX (who reported it first) and WYMT aired stories on the racial stuff. Knott trashed themselves by not talking about it in the first place.
Just wondering, what "facts" did they miss?

What coaches. Not all coaches got a chance to vote.
The_Rock Wrote:Not proven himself. WELL DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this, his second year as a high school coach? Good lord, give the man some time. Jesus Christ himself cant please some people. I think Rhodes deserved the award. He went from having nothing last year to being a contender this year. What if Chris Hudson would of stayed at Cordia where he belonged? Regional Champs, NO PROBLEM. Recruiting is hard work. Just ask all the other coaches in the region how hard it is to go out and get players.

Actually Chris Hudson probably belonged in Texas.
^Where he probably done been shot.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What coaches. Not all coaches got a chance to vote.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...66431.html

It's says by the coaches at the top
The_Rock Wrote:Not proven himself. WELL DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this, his second year as a high school coach? Good lord, give the man some time. Jesus Christ himself cant please some people. I think Rhodes deserved the award. He went from having nothing last year to being a contender this year. What if Chris Hudson would of stayed at Cordia where he belonged? Regional Champs, NO PROBLEM. Recruiting is hard work. Just ask all the other coaches in the region how hard it is to go out and get players.

It is BB's third year and he has 2 regional titles and one runner-up.
I'm new to the board so please be nice lol. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on Hawkins commitment to UK. I thought he would go somewhere where he could play right away.