Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will Breathitt hire new coach?
Will it be Kyle Moore?
With the state in charge who knows when they will hire. Pretty certain it will be Kyle but it may be summer before they make it official.
Just left banquet.......nice send off for Holcomb.....time to move forward,good group of juniors returning...Grigsby improving daily at QB...
What about White? Will he not be the starting qb?
bearcat88 Wrote:Just left banquet.......nice send off for Holcomb.....time to move forward,good group of juniors returning...Grigsby improving daily at QB...

Bearcat88 who are the juniors who will be having an impact this year? I am not too familiar with the upcoming players. Thanks!!!
Breathitt will be better than most people think. With some additions from the basketball team. The Whitmore kid is out with them right now, Luke Wolfe is out right now but you never know if they will stay or not. Hoping they do. John Collins, Jon Jon Gilbert, Jordan Turner, Return some of lineman that played last year. Travis Smith, A.J (dont know last name), and Will Lykins. The question is who will be QB? You'll have Wes Noble to throw to, The other Collins kid and Glenn Campbell. So these bobcats will be better than most think. Just because a team was dominated by seniors doesnt mean that there arent some juniors right behind them almost just as good.
White is 6'2 230, grigsby is 5'11 205. White has a cannon of an arm, grigsby has an average arm. White has more varsity experience. They are both pretty good kids from what I hear. White played a lot better than grigsby head to head in jv ball. Who would you start?
The kid that transfered in from prestonsburg will be probably be the QB..he has two years of eligilbty left. No disrespect to Adam, he has a strong arm and is a good kid..
I think you may be wrong. It's Adams job to lose
I agree with Bearcat88, the kid(Grisby?) from Pburg will be the QB next year. I see him down there everyday working with Kyle on his technique and footwork. Glenn campbell and Grisby(?) work their butts off everyday down in the weight room, can't wait to see what they can do next year!
I have also seen the boys that are staying after and working out. When they throw the ball Adam white always is the first to throw and throws three times as many passes as grigsby. I don't think there is even a slight chance that grigsby will start next year, but I could be wrong.
I heard Wes isn't going to play football next year but things could change,I hope he does because he is an experienced sure-handed receiver.
From what all I've gathered, Breathitt High has a lot more to worry about than their football program.
Breathitt , just like every school, has plenty to worry about...This is about football and all that other stuff will work out...Moore will be your coach and I would be shocked if they didn't start Grigsby at QB..I have no personal intrest in what happens...I am an alumni and care about the program...
Noodler Wrote:I have also seen the boys that are staying after and working out. When they throw the ball Adam white always is the first to throw and throws three times as many passes as grigsby. I don't think there is even a slight chance that grigsby will start next year, but I could be wrong.

Yes you are 100 percent wrong.Do you think he came to ride the pine behind White who already quit once?PLEASE.:biglmao:
You obviously have never saw either of them throw a football. Why would a new coach not want to play the best player this year and try to have a decent season. Next year they won't have a whole lot to look forward to.
Breathitt's offensive scheme relies on a dual threat Qb. So there is a good chance the starting Qb will be a guy who can make a play with his arm and his legs. I don't know a lot about these two young men, but you can guarantee the starting Qb next year will be able to make plays with his legs.
Good luck to both young men.
Both kids are friends..no need to whine around...If Adam doesnt get mad and quit again..he will get to play...You need more than one QB.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt's offensive scheme relies on a dual threat Qb. So there is a good chance the starting Qb will be a guy who can make a play with his arm and his legs. I don't know a lot about these two young men, but you can guarantee the starting Qb next year will be able to make plays with his legs.
Good luck to both young men.

As of late the Offensive Scheme relies too heavily on the QB position. Running a QB like they do will get the QB injured or run down by playoff time.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

most definatly
Noodler Wrote:You obviously have never saw either of them throw a football. Why would a new coach not want to play the best player this year and try to have a decent season. Next year they won't have a whole lot to look forward to.

I have seen every game since 1985.I saw every time White went in he didn't run the play Coach called so he got pulled (Varsity).I saw Cox come in last year and White quit.I saw Cox go down and Collins come in as a Freshman and play very well in Varsity games.Obviously this is A White(Noodler)Grigby will be the QB next year.
Spring practice starts tomorrow statewide. Talked to some bobcat players today. They said they haven't heard anything about them practicing. If its going to be Kyle, they need to get it done. Spring practice is key in knowing what you have and getting the kids back in shape.
The vacant position has to be posted for 30 days, I believe. That period should be up soon.
Noodler Wrote:Spring practice starts tomorrow statewide. Talked to some bobcat players today. They said they haven't heard anything about them practicing. If its going to be Kyle, they need to get it done. Spring practice is key in knowing what you have and getting the kids back in shape.

Spring practice is different from school to school. Some have already finished and some have not started. Breathitt County chose for their window to begin today (4-8-13). Sometimes the KHSAA has granted extensions when hiring a new coach, but they better hurry because you cant do it during end of the year testing or after school is out.

Here is a link to schools spring practice dates: http://khsaa.org/football/2012/springpra...ng2013.htm
thecoacher Wrote:Spring practice is different from school to school. Some have already finished and some have not started. Breathitt County chose for their window to begin today (4-8-13). Sometimes the KHSAA has granted extensions when hiring a new coach, but they better hurry because you cant do it during end of the year testing or after school is out.

Here is a link to schools spring practice dates: http://khsaa.org/football/2012/springpra...ng2013.htm

Breathitt will have until the end of May to get their days in as the state managing superintendant has chosen not to cash in the bank days and make up all the snow days that have been missed. As of a month or so ago the last day of school was the last week of May.
Does anyone know who has applied for the job, and when does the interview process begin?
Whoever it is will be put in a tough, tough situation. Being the man to step in behind Holcomb, it will be impossible to meet the expectations as to what Breathitt is used too. Nothing harder then to step in and take the place of a Mike Holcomb, it's impossible to ever fill those shoes, not happening. Talk about a job with pressure. Fact is Breathitt will never be the same without Mike Holcomb. He was Breathitt football. He built it, 3 state titles, state runner up. Whoever gets the job will never do what Holcomb has done. There is no comparable replacement. Football was priority at Breathitt. They came out of the wood works on Friday nights to watch that football team play. Breathitt High is in a mess, football has been put on the back burner. Too many other bigger problems, football is not on the high priority list any more, obviously. I've read a few posts saying it was time for a change anyways referring to Holcomb. That's insane logic. Breathitt football will never be what it was without Mike Holcomb.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Does anyone know who has applied for the job, and when does the interview process begin?

I heard Haddix was not interested.
F.N.L. Wrote:I heard Haddix was not interested.

Can not blame him at this time. Best case scenario he would be following a legend and it would be hard to compete with that. I would wait through a coach or two and a new admin. before I gave it a second thought. Is JH still @ PCC? That is not a bad job, so why leave for a position that has more questions than answers.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

If it's not Kyle Moore, it will be a shame. He's staying after school this week working with the boys. Skill position guys will be there today. At least he cares enough about them to work with them.