Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Howland fired by UCLA
Guess he was a bad coach.
That crazy nut thought he was going to coach off talent by recruiting anderson and shabazz and they fired him for it!
You have to be an x's and o's guy to coach!

In all seriousness, saw this one coming.
He'll have a job next year. Ill be interested to see who UCLA goes after.
Smart
FBALL Wrote:Smart

Good name. Brad Stevens will also be a name thrown around. Probably will hear Marshall of Wichita State as well.
Smaka Smart would be a wise choice...players seem to love playing for him, not so much Howland.
I thought the loser of the UCLA/Minnesota game would fire the head coach.

I would not be surprised if Josh Pastner left Memphis for UCLA
Brad Stevens!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Brad Stevens denied to comment on the UCLA job.
^Classy man! He's going to win a championship at Butler.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'd like to see Stevens or Smart..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UCLA should give Tubby a call.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope UCLA finds the worst coach possible.
^Billy G?
With Tom Crean doing well at Indiana, Brad Stephens probably wont have a chance at that job. Thus, I think he takes this one. UCLA, UK, UNC, Kansas, Duke and Indiana are the jobs that you willingly leave a good gig for. They are the "I made it!" jobs.
I still think Pastner will end up at UCLA, he's a Pac 12 guy
I don't think that Stevens would take the job if offered. I believe that he will eventually end up at IU, with Notre Dame, and Purdue also possibilities. He grew up in Indianapolis and he loves Butler. I don't think that he is in any hurry to leave.
toussaints Wrote:^Billy G?

I would be happy for a very long time.

UCLA needs to suck. We have to catch them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't think that Stevens would take the job if offered. I believe that he will eventually end up at IU, with Notre Dame, and Purdue also possibilities. He grew up in Indianapolis and he loves Butler. I don't think that he is in any hurry to leave.

I agree.
I dont see Stevens leaving Butler unless its for another job in Indiana, and to be honest, i think theres only one job in Indiana he wants and that IU.