Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julius Randle commits to Kentucky
Just now on ESPN U
BBN smiling today! They didn't have to stay sad too long.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We can all forget about last night and start thinking about next year!
I don't even care about last night any more. Kentucky has a chance to be very, very good next season.
Randle just saved Cal... Now people won't b talking about the shitty job he did this year! People will just be talking about next year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Saved? As bad as job he and this team did this year. He also just won a championship. We gave tubby 10 years after his given title.
Just call UK the Miami Heat next year.

Dont forget Wiggins could still commit.

This is absoloutly insane. As ive said several times this year, Im still satisfied with the championship from last year. There are blue goggle wearing fans out there that think we should be dominant every year when its just not possible with todays type of play.

Theres not a starter this year that would start on next years team IMO. Noel might, but hed be splitting major time and to be honest he was rarely a threat on the offensive end.

Mark it down.
BEST RECRUITING CLASS OF ALL TIME.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Saved? As bad as job he and this team did this year. He also just won a championship. We gave tubby 10 years after his given title.

Tubby also didn't lose to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT...

If ur going to be UK, then be UK... Which means high standards. EVERY YEAR!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whats wrong with you crazy people. This was a horrible team. Quit your Cal bashing and be glad you have a coach of his caliber. These players may have been highly recruited but they are just not that good as freshman. Maybe they will improve. Stein is a work in progress and you can tell he's needs a lot of work to become an NBA player. Harrow well he's just not very good, enough said. Goodwin most talented bad player ever and Alex just plain lazy.
They had no bench and I think they did as about as good as they could. The loss of Noel really hurt, but with him they still had no guard play to compliment his game.

Cal is a very good coach. His record speaks for itself.
superfreak Wrote:Whats wrong with you crazy people. This was a horrible team. Quit your Cal bashing and be glad you have a coach of his caliber. These players may have been highly recruited but they are just not that good as freshman. Maybe they will improve. Stein is a work in progress and you can tell he's needs a lot of work to become an NBA player. Harrow well he's just not very good, enough said. Goodwin most talented bad player ever and Alex just plain lazy.
They had no bench and I think they did as about as good as they could. The loss of Noel really hurt, but with him they still had no guard play to compliment his game.

LoL :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

UK is not lucky to have Cal, Cal is lucky to be at UK.... UK was a winning program way before Cal came.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give Cal credit for getting great players.. but I'm sorry if ur at UK and u lose in the first round of the NIT to Robert Morris then people have a right to trash talk... Sorry....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
superfreak Wrote:Whats wrong with you crazy people. This was a horrible team. Quit your Cal bashing and be glad you have a coach of his caliber. These players may have been highly recruited but they are just not that good as freshman. Maybe they will improve. Stein is a work in progress and you can tell he's needs a lot of work to become an NBA player. Harrow well he's just not very good, enough said. Goodwin most talented bad player ever and Alex just plain lazy.

There are PLENTY of teams less talented than this UK team in the NCAA right now.
ekff Wrote:Tubby also didn't lose to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT...

If ur going to be UK, then be UK... Which means high standards. EVERY YEAR!

Tubby was the biggest choke artist ive ever seen.
There were several times he had very good teams only to lose to the marquettes of the world in the tourney.

After Pitinos players were gone, he no longer had a chance.

Im not defending Cals coaching abilities, because lets face it, nobody on this board knows what Cal can and cant do, and we dont know how these players act when there not on tv, but Cal has done nothing but win.

I would rather have Cal than any other coach in the country.
He keeps us relevant every single year and the buzz is great every single year, even this year during the preseason. No other coach can do that.

You can be the best x's and o's coach in the world, but if you can only get crappy players, your not going to win every year.
Tubby is the only coach at UK to make the NCAA tournament and win at least one game in it every year he was at Kentucky.
The day after and the reloading has begun.
ekff Wrote:I give Cal credit for getting great players.. but I'm sorry if ur at UK and u lose in the first round of the NIT to Robert Morris then people have a right to trash talk... Sorry....

And if you're supposed to be No. 1 in the country and you get flat out dismantled, demolished, molested, blasted, destroyed, blown out in the NCAA title game by the No. 2 team and if your "best player" is an internet sucker that got "hoaxed" by a man, then people are allowed to laugh and make fun of you for being the "media darling" that gets babied any time they're on TV.

...............................Sorry.............................. :Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:Tubby is the only coach at UK to make the NCAA tournament and win at least one game in it every year he was at Kentucky.

Man, how much do you love Tubby? LOL

I mean, I really liked him but gosh.
Hoot, have you switched from your Cal bandwagon after this season? You used to be on my side! :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Hoot, have you switched from your Cal bandwagon after this season? You used to be on my side! :biggrin:
I was never on the Cal bandwagon and probably never will be. I give credit where it is due, and I think that he did a great job last season by getting every individual on the team to hustle and play as an unselfish member of the team. As good as he was last season, he was equally bad this season. He never showed up for work and he is getting paid a fortune to get the job done.

Cal is not a coach that is going to win a lot of games unless he has much better talent than his opponents. His offense requires a big gap in talent to work. I think that is why he was such a mediocre NBA coach and is unlikely to get offered a big payday to return.

But I am certainly not calling for Calipari's head. Nobody can fault his overall record at UK and as long as he keeps the program out of trouble and wins, you won't hear me clamoring for a new coach. I
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I was never on the Cal bandwagon and probably never will be. I give credit where it is due, and I think that he did a great job last season by getting every individual on the team to hustle and play as an unselfish member of the team. As good as he was last season, he was equally bad this season. He never showed up for work and he is getting paid a fortune to get the job done.

Cal is not a coach that is going to win a lot of games unless he has much better talent than his opponents. His offense requires a big gap in talent to work. I think that is why he was such a mediocre NBA coach and is unlikely to get offered a big payday to return.

But I am certainly not calling for Calipari's head. Nobody can fault his overall record at UK and as long as he keeps the program out of trouble and wins, you won't hear me clamoring for a new coach. I

Ah, forget ya. :Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Man, how much do you love Tubby? LOL

I mean, I really liked him but gosh.

Not as much as some people hate him. Lol
outdoorsman43 Wrote:And if you're supposed to be No. 1 in the country and you get flat out dismantled, demolished, molested, blasted, destroyed, blown out in the NCAA title game by the No. 2 team and if your "best player" is an internet sucker that got "hoaxed" by a man, then people are allowed to laugh and make fun of you for being the "media darling" that gets babied any time they're on TV.

...............................Sorry.............................. :Thumbs:

LOL Notre Dame lost to Alabama LOL not Robert Morris.... Big difference...

NIT First round or National Championship lol....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Its ok BBN...

You still have Florida, Ole Miss, and Missouri to cheer for...

Or is that just for Football?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:LOL Notre Dame lost to Alabama LOL not Robert Morris.... Big difference...

NIT First round or National Championship lol....

Were we ranked No. 1 and undefeated? Nope. Wink
ekff Wrote:Its ok BBN...

You still have Florida, Ole Miss, and Missouri to cheer for...

Or is that just for Football?

Pretty much. :biggrin:

I will root for Ole Miss and Mizzou. I can't picture myself rooting for Florida.
I will for Florida and Missouri. .

Can't for Ole Miss. I hope they spanked in the first round.
It's over with!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I feel like Kentucky should be competing with DUKE every single year.
I always have high standards at Kentucky Basketball, just like Duke does the same... you think Duke fans would put up with a lose in the 1st round of the NIT? It'd be a cold day in hell if that happened.

Back on topic, This is awesome. He looks like an amazing player, I still can't wait to see the Harrison Twins in action in Rupp Arena Either, far as I know I've never seen twins playing at Kentucky, maybe back in the old days idk? Someone could probably clarify. Really looking forward to next year, with my standards held HIGH.
This could be the best team UK has ever had, but only time will tell.
The state of Kentucky did this when Randle committed.

[Image: http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/89094/celebration.gif]

Rock N' Roll