•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
dns Wrote:Good kid but cant play there. I watched Ashland play on film.

According to gentlemen discussing it a couple days ago Ashland was looking forward to his arrival. That part was just a side bar
Nothing against the kid, haven't seen him in a year or so. The paintsville people is were i get my info from. I wish him well!!
Anyone know the schedule for next year?
Ike Cooter Wrote:Anyone know the schedule for next year?

I believe they play Morgan county week one at home, and pikeville week three at home thats all I know so far.
God I hope this isn't true, any truth Kash Daniel going to Pikeville?
TigerBlues Wrote:God I hope this isn't true, any truth Kash Daniel going to Pikeville?

TB haven't heard that one but a strong rumor is that prater helton is going to p,burg.
Why would you want to leave? The football team is bringing in a great coach. The basketball team is bringing he most of the team.
Paintsville is a tiny town. Instead of making the team look bad on a message board go ask the parents. I know Rail well. I'm sure he'd much rather talk face to face than people throwing rumours around.
I can tell you Kash+Prater were happy when I saw them the other day and are leading in the weight room. This things not done. Working on potentially the best staff Paintsville has had.
Going to be a scheme kids love playing in and a staff with a track record of helping kids play in college. With a young nucleus there is a lot of momentum starting to build in Paintsvile and they're wearing blue+white!
^^^very well said. Couldn't agree more.
Anyone know who is on the coaching staff?
bulldog42 Wrote:Paintsville is a tiny town. Instead of making the team look bad on a message board go ask the parents. I know Rail well. I'm sure he'd much rather talk face to face than people throwing rumours around.
I can tell you Kash+Prater were happy when I saw them the other day and are leading in the weight room. This things not done. Working on potentially the best staff Paintsville has had.
Going to be a scheme kids love playing in and a staff with a track record of helping kids play in college. With a young nucleus there is a lot of momentum starting to build in Paintsvile and they're wearing blue+white!

I've heard the Helton rumors after his freshman year and did not put a lot of stock in those since it seemed like it was always came up all the time and he never left the program but with Kash I had never heard anything about him. Nobody IMO is trying to make the program look bad on a message board, I was merely inquiring. But I can tell you someone close to him said if Paintsville fields a team with sixteen players again you can bet on it that he will be going somewhere else to play football.
Nobody is going anywhere due to football. There may be one leaving due to relocation. The kids are very excited about the direction their school is headed.
bulldog42 Wrote:Paintsville is a tiny town. Instead of making the team look bad on a message board go ask the parents. I know Rail well. I'm sure he'd much rather talk face to face than people throwing rumours around.

I dont see where anybody was making Paintsville look bad in this thread. You also mention that they're working on potentially the best staff that Paintsville as ever had... Come on man Paintsville had some great teams during the late 70's and throughout the 80's and 90's and they just hired their third coach in three years. Take a closer look at the numbers bulldog Chester McCoy has a career record of 30-46 in seven years at Magoffin County with no playoff wins. This was a terrible hire for a struggling program. I was a big fan of Joe Chirico while he was at Marshall back in the early 90's and I know he's legit but I just cant see where you're coming from with the best staff that Paintsville has ever had comment. Let me guess your talking about yourself being on the staff? We all know you love talking about yourself on message boards,dont you? How is there a lot of momentum building at Paintsville? Their program is one of the worst in the state of Kentucky. It's really a shame how far they've dropped and you getting on here with your propaganda really isnt helping them either.
Magoffin was also terrible before he got there and he had alot of building to do ^
I'm sure we could all name rumor after rumor if we wanted, but there is no need. It doesn't appear that any child is leaving. They are excited to see changes and interest in their program. Helton isn't going anywhere, never has been. Years ago, his mother said if he ever moved he would go back home to Magoffin. He will now have the best thing Magoffin had to offer. Kash isn't going anywhere, either. He is what Paintsville is all about: a hometown star athlete, who wants to and can shine at home. Home means something to some people. He doesn't have to shop around for schools that will give him playing time. Now, having said that, anyone in their right mind will have to consider change if they try to field a team with 16 players again. I don't see that happening, with the new staff and new attitude starting to take place at Paintsville. The kids are excited! And further, if either of these boys planned to leave, they would not have taken the iniative to start weight training on their own, as I'm told Helton and Williams did, and Kash has since followed suit, as well as many others. I know nobody had bad intentions with these posts, but I agree that if you want to know something, go to the source. Paintsville is small, everyone knows everyone. The only thing that needs done right now, is to get behind these boys and whoever is coaching, and let them know we believe in them, and are ready to follow them back to the top, evenif it takes a couple rebuilding years!
InTheMix Wrote:I'm sure we could all name rumor after rumor if we wanted, but there is no need. It doesn't appear that any child is leaving. They are excited to see changes and interest in their program. Helton isn't going anywhere, never has been. Years ago, his mother said if he ever moved he would go back home to Magoffin. He will now have the best thing Magoffin had to offer. Kash isn't going anywhere, either. He is what Paintsville is all about: a hometown star athlete, who wants to and can shine at home. Home means something to some people. He doesn't have to shop around for schools that will give him playing time. Now, having said that, anyone in their right mind will have to consider change if they try to field a team with 16 players again. I don't see that happening, with the new staff and new attitude starting to take place at Paintsville. The kids are excited! And further, if either of these boys planned to leave, they would not have taken the iniative to start weight training on their own, as I'm told Helton and Williams did, and Kash has since followed suit, as well as many others. I know nobody had bad intentions with these posts, but I agree that if you want to know something, go to the source. Paintsville is small, everyone knows everyone. The only thing that needs done right now, is to get behind these boys and whoever is coaching, and let them know we believe in them, and are ready to follow them back to the top, evenif it takes a couple rebuilding years!

I love the optimism and hope you are right. But as competitive as one in particular has been doing weight training since sixth grade and when you see him you can tell easily and I'm not knocking the ones you mentioned but the question is why haven't all of them been doing it. My guess is a separation of mindset and who wants to be the best at what they do. I said this a long time ago, if you see one leave you will see more if this thing does not get an upside quick. Hopefully coach McCoy can save this program and from what I've heard he is starting in the right direction by gutting last years staff with the exception of Chirico.
^IMHO, I wouldn't mind seeing him bring Kinner back in to help. If Kinner will. He could be a BIG help. Kinner was just thrown in at the wrong time and surrounded by the wrong people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I think Kinner would he loves the school and the program.
OffTheHook Wrote:^IMHO, I wouldn't mind seeing him bring Kinner back in to help. If Kinner will. He could be a BIG help. Kinner was just thrown in at the wrong time and surrounded by the wrong people.

I'm just trying to figure out if he surrounded himself with the wrong people. He was the head coach. I'm just glad McCoy came in and cut the cord on all of them.
Who is his stafff!!!!!
dns Wrote:Who is his stafff!!!!!

All I know now is Chirico and maybe the the Preece guy from Ohio
What about Ward didn't he help coach last season at paintsville or was he at Johnson Central??
TigerBlues Wrote:All I know now is Chirico and maybe the the Preece guy from Ohio

He's not from Ohio,he's actually from Louisa. He's an assistant at Cabell Midland. He's also Lawrence County's version of Vince Lombardi, if you don't believe me ask him he will tell you so.
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm just trying to figure out if he surrounded himself with the wrong people. He was the head coach. I'm just glad McCoy came in and cut the cord on all of them.

Either way. Same results.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I understand McCoy had a parent/booster meeting and announced his staff. Who is coach Deavers? He said Chirico and Preece would be on the staff but that was all.
Coach Deavers might be doctor Devers and maybe he will be with the team throughout the season and practice each day, just a guess maybe a total different person. when does spring practice begin that will answer all of our questions and concerns for this once again new TIGER team. i think when they start practice we should all go and set in the stands and support the team, if the new coach will allow us to do so.
3 sport junkie Wrote:Coach Deavers might be doctor Devers and maybe he will be with the team throughout the season and practice each day, just a guess maybe a total different person. when does spring practice begin that will answer all of our questions and concerns for this once again new TIGER team. i think when they start practice we should all go and set in the stands and support the team, if the new coach will allow us to do so.

I was told he was announced as a coach, guess he is the team Dr. ?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Magoffin was also terrible before he got there and he had alot of building to do ^

I believe the blame was just the school, not the coach. Dayne Brown was the coach before McCoy if I'm not mistaken. He is now a coach at Southern Miss University.
Real Badman Wrote:I believe the blame was just the school, not the coach. Dayne Brown was the coach before McCoy if I'm not mistaken. He is now a coach at Southern Miss University.

Dayne Brown coaches at the Pikeville college here in Kentucky.
thecoacher Wrote:Dayne Brown coaches at the Pikeville college here in Kentucky.

No he doesn't he has moved on.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next