Poll: Does Kentucky Deserve to be in the tournament before the Garbage League Auto Bids
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.00%
No
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll? Should UK be in the Tournament?
CATS get a Bid to NCAA Tourney? Yes or No
I say Yes barely
i say no, and since they probally wont,i hope Florida wins it all since there from SEC,and if they dont win,i hope Louisville wins it all since there from KY....
No. I highly doubt it.

But the NIT selection show is at 9. lol
[Image:

]
no
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Cats barely get in
No way. I think they will probably get a #1 NIT seed but I am not sure that they will deserve that either. (The first four out should be offered the top NIT seeds and I don't think that UK will be among the first four out.)
Better teams will get in, they do not deserve to be in it.
Yes. Money talks and UK fans fill arenas.
Cats deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament! Not even a question mark on whether they deserve to be in a tournament that is dedicated to generating MILLIONS of dollars in revenue! It's a LOCK

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...oA2Ju2lDpR]
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...bT6DYTizSY]
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...Hb5cZrmziw]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No way. I think they will probably get a #1 NIT seed but I am not sure that they will deserve that either. (The first four out should be offered the top NIT seeds and I don't think that UK will be among the first four out.)

JagSwag Wrote:Better teams will get in, they do not deserve to be in it.

DESERVE???? When did the NCAA D1 Tournament have ANYTHING to do with DESERVING to be in it? Is this tournament about who deserves to be in this 1/2 Auto Bid and 1/2 Selected team tournament???? Is this about crowning a champion? If so, why have we never seen one of these teams crowned the National Champion:

Albany
Florida Gulf Coast
Montana
Liberty
James Madison
Harvard
Creighton
New Mexico
Bucknell
Davidson
Northwestern State
South Dakota State
Western Kentucky
Southern
New Mexico State
LIU Broklyn

Why do we WASTE our time with allowing these teams into the tournament to crown the BEST team in the nation? Because they DESERVE IT?????? NO WAY!!!! Kentucky would beat each of those teams 9 times out of 10! Kentucky DESERVES to be in this tournament before ANY of those teams! Oh, we will get a Cinderella TEAM out of that group of teams, but that's it, we will bet ONE team that fascinates everyone and makes everyone FEEL GOOD because team got LUCKY. But NONE of those teams DESERVE to be considered in contention for BEST team in the Nation. So, if Kentucky, who is better than any of those teams is not DESERVING, then none of those teams are either!

If half of those 16 teams mentioned above make it to the Sweet 16 over teams from a Power Conference, then I will quit BGR forever!!!!
Stardust Wrote:DESERVE???? When did the NCAA D1 Tournament have ANYTHING to do with DESERVING to be in it? Is this tournament about who deserves to be in this 1/2 Auto Bid and 1/2 Selected team tournament???? Is this about crowning a champion? If so, why have we never seen one of these teams crowned the National Champion:

Albany
Florida Gulf Coast
Montana
Liberty
James Madison
Harvard
Creighton
New Mexico
Bucknell
Davidson
Northwestern State
South Dakota State
Western Kentucky
Southern
New Mexico State
LIU Broklyn

Why do we WASTE our time with allowing these teams into the tournament to crown the BEST team in the nation? Because they DESERVE IT?????? NO WAY!!!! Kentucky would beat each of those teams 9 times out of 10! Kentucky DESERVES to be in this tournament before ANY of those teams! Oh, we will get a Cinderella TEAM out of that group of teams, but that's it, we will bet ONE team that fascinates everyone and makes everyone FEEL GOOD because team got LUCKY. But NONE of those teams DESERVE to be considered in contention for BEST team in the Nation. So, if Kentucky, who is better than any of those teams is not DESERVING, then none of those teams are either!

If half of those 16 teams mentioned above make it to the Sweet 16 over teams from a Power Conference, then I will quit BGR forever!!!!
You're really going out on a limb there, Dusty!:biglmao:

This year's New Mexico team, which is on your list above, would be a favorite over this Kentucky team in Rupp Arena or at New Mexico. Creighton also has a much better team than UK and its seed will reflect that obvious fact. This is a very mediocre UK team that has not won a game ourtside of Rupp Arena since Nerlens Noel was injured. If UK gets an invitation this year, then the selection committee might as well just hold an auction next year and sell the seeds.

Your statement that each of the teams on your list would beat UK 9 out of 10 times is hilarious! UK would beat a projected 3 seed 9 out of 10 times? The Lobos may bow out in the first round, but they would have been heavily favored had they been matched up with the NIT-bound Wildcats.

Money is a factor in at-large bids, but Kentucky will not be the first defending champions who have not received a bid the following season.
Got nothing to do with being defending champions. It's about filling seats and tuning in televisions.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You're really going out on a limb there, Dusty!:biglmao:

This year's New Mexico team, which is on your list above, would be a favorite over this Kentucky team in Rupp Arena or at New Mexico. Creighton also has a much better team than UK and its seed will reflect that obvious fact. This is a very mediocre UK team that has not won a game ourtside of Rupp Arena since Nerlens Noel was injured. If UK gets an invitation this year, then the selection committee might as well just hold an auction next year and sell the seeds.

Your statement that each of the teams on your list would beat UK 9 out of 10 times is hilarious! UK would beat a projected 3 seed 9 out of 10 times? The Lobos may bow out in the first round, but they would have been heavily favored had they been matched up with the NIT-bound Wildcats.

Money is a factor in at-large bids, but Kentucky will not be the first defending champions who have not received a bid the following season.

[Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QCcMTHCBJ4c/TT...BRight.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QCcMTHCBJ4c/TT...BRight.jpg]
I expect that Kentucky will receive a #1 bid this evening. The NIT brackets seem to have more to do with venues and fan base size than with the quality of the teams.

I look forward to reading your explanation of what went wrong before I sit down to watch the NIT bracket show. :biggrin:
1 will be the first digit of their two digit seed Wink
I disagree. 8 seed.
FBALL Wrote:I disagree. 8 seed.
The NIT folks would not do that to them.
Probably wont have to.

If they do go to the NIT they will be a 1
FBALL Wrote:Probably wont have to.

If they do go to the NIT they will be a 1
If UK gets an 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament, then I will leave BGR and never return. If UK gets a 9 or 10 seed, then I will let Dangerous Dan pick my avatar for a month. If they do manage to buy their way into the field, it will not be at anything better than a 12 seed, IMO. :biggrin:
If they get in it will be an 8/9 game.
FBALL Wrote:If they get in it will be an 8/9 game.
I hope not. They have not earned it. UK would have a legitimate shot of winning a few games in the NIT and the extra experience would be good for the players who will return next season. Getting pounded by an 8 or 9 seed in the real tournament would not do the program any good.
Or they could play one of their good games and win an 8/9 game. Then think of the marketability of a matchup with one of the number 1s. Say Indiana. You think they could sell that for TV.
UK shouldnt be in and they wont be....... UNLESS the selection committe gives them one of those play-in-games to be a draw.
Kentucky has a couple good wins at the most. The only thing that hurts is they won those few games at Rupp. Im a believer in winning some key games on the road an taking care of business down the stretch. UK did neither. Had they beat Vandy I would say give em a 12 seed. But they got smoked. The last 4 games away from rupp they lost by 30, 13, 10, and 16. I just cant say that team deserves to be in the big dance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I'd vote "No".
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The NIT folks would not do that to them.

NIT already has UK as 1 seed if they accept which I don't see Cal taking it.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:NIT already has UK as 1 seed if they accept which I don't see Cal taking it.

Mix1...

If the NIT invites them they have no choice they have to go.
Stardust Wrote:DESERVE???? When did the NCAA D1 Tournament have ANYTHING to do with DESERVING to be in it? Is this tournament about who deserves to be in this 1/2 Auto Bid and 1/2 Selected team tournament???? Is this about crowning a champion? If so, why have we never seen one of these teams crowned the National Champion:

Albany
Florida Gulf Coast
Montana
Liberty
James Madison
Harvard
Creighton
New Mexico
Bucknell
Davidson
Northwestern State
South Dakota State
Western Kentucky
Southern
New Mexico State
LIU Broklyn

Well if you feel that strongly about sweeten the pot and say 4 of the 16 Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I too agree that these garbage teams and mid majors (Gonzaga, etc.) should just be a division two type league.

However, look at the big picture.
People cry about how football doesnt allow the "small" schools to win.
People cry about how basketball leaves the "better" teams out sometimes.

Its a lose-lose. You cant make everyone happy.
Personally its hog wash that these small schools get in over programs that are obviously better, but thats on the schools for allowing it to happen. You cannot tell me that UK couldnt bring more money in than anyone, but sadly, IMHO, they'll be left out, and if not its ONLY because of money.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If the NIT invites them they have no choice they have to go.

They can decline it. Many have done it in the past.

Mix1...