Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Regional Tournament Draw
Have not seen them play this year
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:I see Pike Central beating Betsy Layne in the first round if that's who they get in the draw....

If that was to happend I don't see pike central getting a win going up against betsylayne I seen south floyd get a win over pike central but its the region anything can happend
Looking at the games, this is what I see. Pikeville vs. PCC. Clearly Pikeville is the favorite and they have more talent, but I have this funny feeling that this will be much closer than expected. I say this because PCC has nothing to lose and I expect them to come out playing hard. Pikeville+3. Johnson Central vs. Prestonsburg. I think this is the biggest mismatch in the tourney. I mean no disrespect toward Prestonsburg, but I just don't think they match up well with Central. Johnson Central+15. Sheldon Clark vs. Betsy Layne. I think this is a close, back and forth game, too close to call! In the end I like Sheldon Clark+1. East Ridge vs. Belfry. I see a good, tough, close game. Messer is a force in the middle, but I give E.R. the edge in guard play. I give E.R. a slight edge in this matchup. E.R.+3
Since the 57th district was by far the toughest district in the region I will say it will be a rematch of the 57th district tournament Johnson Central vs Sheldon Clark.
School Admin. Wrote:Looking at the games, this is what I see. Pikeville vs. PCC. Clearly Pikeville is the favorite and they have more talent, but I have this funny feeling that this will be much closer than expected. I say this because PCC has nothing to lose and I expect them to come out playing hard. Pikeville+3. Johnson Central vs. Prestonsburg. I think this is the biggest mismatch in the tourney. I mean no disrespect toward Prestonsburg, but I just don't think they match up well with Central. Johnson Central+15. Sheldon Clark vs. Betsy Layne. I think this is a close, back and forth game, too close to call! In the end I like Sheldon Clark+1. East Ridge vs. Belfry. I see a good, tough, close game. Messer is a force in the middle, but I give E.R. the edge in guard play. I give E.R. a slight edge in this matchup. E.R.+3
Flip the Pikeville and JC results. JC played like they were looking ahead to Friday and let Prestonsburg hang tough all game. Pikeville took care of business. Sitting Ray in the 2nd half (likely to avoid a 2nd T), and still won by almost 20.