Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Football 2013-2014
I'm really expecting big things out of this team. Many people are overlooking them in my opinion. This team had teams like Danville, Somerset, and prestonsburg beat this year. They just could never seem finish during the end. If this ball club plays together, they will be very difficult beat.:Thumbs:

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to know who in their right mind is overlooking them? Maybe some Bell Count faithful? But that's just part of a rivalry. It's like diehard Louisville fans ragging out UK last year when they won it all, and vice versa. From all I know and have heard, all anybody is talking about is the fact that they practically return everybody.

..everybody from a team that played both Danville and Prestonsburg to the wire.
Would Randy consider the LCC job?
I was worried about the Jackets last year. If i'm not mistaken they only lost a hand full of players this past season. If anyone was overlooking them it was last year. No one is overlooking them this year.
We lose 1 starter. Wide receiver , Db. Everyone one else returns. Should make for a great year.
FlippedOut Wrote:We lose 1 starter. Wide receiver , Db. Everyone one else returns. Should make for a great year.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I knew it wasn't many, if any.

As I said I don't know of anybody not concerned about the Jackets this year..
The 2013-14 edition of the Middlesboro team will be tough to beat. The Jackets took Somerset to the wire in the crater last year, was a physical ball game. The talent coming back for Middlesboro will be tough to beat, however I believe playing Somerset at SHS makes the difference in the district standings. Danville will always have talent, and a change in coaching makes them an unknown in my opinion. LCA may have some studs "transfer" in. I look for another great year in this district with it shaking out: 1-SHS, 2-Mboro, 3-Danville, 4-LCA. Really all four are capable of making noise though.
Anybody know why Middlesboro chose not to sign the contract with Morgan County and continue playing?
I would have to say travel. Morgan would not come to Middlesboro. They can't travel that far two years in a row again.
I can think of 137 miles worth of hard travel as to why they didn't.

Making a travel to Danville or LCA every year is bad enough as is.
Middlesboro has went to Morgan co. The last two years, and to you guys that have heard rumors about coach Frazier leaving, I promise you that is not true. It wouldn't make since to stay at middlesboro this long while they were down, and now leave when the next two years could be one of the best teams they have had in a while IMO.
Middlesboro should have their best team under coach Frazier this year. I think they will compete for the district if they stay healthy
The rumors the Frazier is leaving come up every year. Something about him attracts them. He said last year he was intrested in leaving, I just dont see it happeneing. Middlesboro will be GOOD. I could see them finally squeaking past Bell Co. for the first time since 97. They came just a little short. I think something finally just clicked with them.

You never know what will happen but you might see them playing on December 1st. If this team gets hot you may not be abel to stop them
Can someone post MHS schedule?
Why dont Morgan County come down here and play?? We've gone there the last 2 seasons and we only had 3 home games last season and that's unacceptable , Maybe Randy Frazier finally realized this and put together a good home/away schedule.

I've been watching the Jackets for well over 20 years and this is the deepest I've ever seen them at RB , They can throw 4 or 5 at you and not really miss a beat.
And when Bell County comes to town Middlesboro will be rocking and a rolling , WE'VE ARRIVED.
We had a TOUGH schedule last year too. Not only that, but as the guy above me stated, we only had 3 home games. The rest were away, and we still managed to have a good record and barely lost in the post-season to prestonburg.

We will be tough to beat this coming season and I am very excited for Jacket Football!!
[Image:

]
Intimidator Wrote:Why dont Morgan County come down here and play?? We've gone there the last 2 seasons and we only had 3 home games last season and that's unacceptable , Maybe Randy Frazier finally realized this and put together a good home/away schedule.

I've been watching the Jackets for well over 20 years and this is the deepest I've ever seen them at RB , They can throw 4 or 5 at you and not really miss a beat.

This year it's a 5 and 5 sechdule. Which is better than last year. However Morgan Co. has no desire to come to Middlesboro and I dont blame Frazier for not going there again. The Coaches, players, and fans are all awful. Even though I couldve seen a pretty good little rivalry between the two teams
FlippedOut Wrote:We lose 1 starter. Wide receiver , Db. Everyone one else returns. Should make for a great year.

You should have scheduled Harlan Co. At least their freshman or JV.
HAT51 Wrote:You should have scheduled Harlan Co. At least their freshman or JV.

Why? 5A school. With a lot of depth. Middlesboro is a very low 2A school could be 1A the next number count. Doesn't make any sense.
We are still trying to rebuild. We play Bell every year now. Our district is the toughest in the 2A. Harlan county makes no sense. Why would they want to play Middlesboro ?
FlippedOut Wrote:Why? 5A school. With a lot of depth. Middlesboro is a very low 2A school could be 1A the next number count. Doesn't make any sense.
We are still trying to rebuild. We play Bell every year now. Our district is the toughest in the 2A. Harlan county makes no sense. Why would they want to play Middlesboro ?

It's sometime about gate money.Confusedmoke: or middlesboro dodge nobody
FlippedOut Wrote:Why? 5A school. With a lot of depth. Middlesboro is a very low 2A school could be 1A the next number count. Doesn't make any sense.

I thought they had played 5A schools in the past.
Why would Harlan want to play Middlesboro? That is the point I was making.
A large school nearby would make sense from a gatemoney stand point, that is why we play Bell every year. I have heard that Perry Central is also on the schedule this year which is another big school. This year we finally have a decently favorable sechdule and IMO will compete in almost every game.

I still have hope the curse will be broken and Middlesboro will finally win on Log Mountain.
That could very well happen if frazier can get these boys to play as a team.
We play up all the time just In the last several years we've played just to name a few Johnson Central , L.C.C , Ashland , Whitley County , Knox Central , Dunbar , Clay County ,Bourbon County , Bell County and oh yeah 6 time defending State Champs Alcoa..
teampaul Wrote:I still have hope the curse will be broken and Middlesboro will finally win on Log Mountain.
Let's try to beat em here first cause Bell County has to come to the Boro..
Intimidator Wrote:We play up all the time just In the last several years we've played just to name a few Johnson Central , L.C.C , Ashland , Whitley County , Knox Central , Dunbar , Clay County ,Bourbon County , Bell County and oh yeah 6 time defending State Champs Alcoa..

Yep, drove thru harlan on their way to LCC and got beat.
Again, why would HC want to play Middlesboro?
FlippedOut Wrote:Again, why would HC want to play Middlesboro?
Close, competitive game and a good gate for both teams.