Finals Saturday 7:30
At Harlan County High School
From Harlan County Sports.com
http://www.eteamz.com/harlancountysports...&SitePage=

13th Region Tournament pairings

at Harlan County High School

Boys

Monday

6:15 — Corbin (24-6) vs Middlesboro (15-13)

7:45 — Clay County (23-6) vs Barbourville (19-11)

Tuesday

6:15 — Harlan County (23-7) vs South Laurel (13-16)

7:45 — Knox Central (17-13) vs North Laurel (15-15)

Friday

6:15 and 7:45 — Semifinals

Saturday

7:30 — Finals

Girls

Wednesday

6:15 — Clay County (26-5) vs Whitley County (19-10)

7:45 — Bell County (25-5) vs Lynn Camp (23-9)

Thursday

6:15 — Barbourville (21-10) vs Harlan County (25-6)

7:45 — Corbin (24-8) vs North Laurel (6-25)

Saturday

12:30 and 2:00 — Semifinals

March 4

7:00 — Finals
Interesting draw.
Clay vs. North final
Harlan wins the 13th...
Clay
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Clay vs. North final

This wouldnt be good for Clay, they would never beat North a 4th time. I dont look for Clay to be in the finals, although I think North could . Corbin will beat Clay in the top bracket. The bottom bracket will be the surprise team.....either North, Knox or South will come out of the bottom bracket.
This region has been crazy this year.
I honestly think Corbin, Clay, and Harlan County are the favorites, but it wouldnt surprise me a bit to see any team win it.
I would agree that it's hard to predict who could win the region. I think Clay could run away with it if other teams arent careful. However I think Middlesboro might pull the biggest upset over Corbin. You never know what you're going to get from them.

Clay vs. Harlan Co in the Finals.
Does South have a chance vs Harlan?
Good Luck To My Blackbears!!!!!!
Clay County with another tough draw. But, if you're going to go to Rupp you should be the clear favorite.
Clay might win every game by double digits if they play like they have been and the refs aren't paid off.
Corbin
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Clay might win every game by double digits if they play like they have been and the refs aren't paid off.

That and the post earlier about it being undeniable that Clay was the class of the region reminds me a little of the late 80s. It seems almost hopeless for everyone with the string of blowouts lately.
If Knox gets their heads out of their butts they could make a big run at winning this thing.
None of the first round games are sure things IMO.
^ All tournament games depend on who shows up ready to play.
Clay could be in a dogfight versus Barbourville. No doubt, CC has the better team but ol' Dinky has pulled a surprise or two over the years.
Barbourville has a great coach, but Clay has the best pg (McDaniel) in the region, along with experienced seniors.
The TIGERS can win this one if they play as well as they have been lately!
Go Clay!
teampaul Wrote:I would agree that it's hard to predict who could win the region. I think Clay could run away with it if other teams arent careful. However I think Middlesboro might pull the biggest upset over Corbin. You never know what you're going to get from them.

Clay vs. Harlan Co in the Finals.

I agree with these two in the finals. Middlesboro is very dangerous and could pull off a 1st round upset, although I expect Corbin to pull it out. I also expect Clay, Harlan Co. and North Laurel to win in the first round.
Let's make a run Middlesboro!

Go Jackets!!
[Image:

]
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Let's make a run Middlesboro!

Go Jackets!!

Let's just hope we come out and play better than we did in the district championship. That game was painful to watch. The worst FT shooting preformance I've about ever seen. If we play with the heart we did against Bell then I see a run coming.

Go Jackets!!
What is the seating capacity of Harlan County's new gym and do they have plenty of parking? Would appreciate a response. Thinking of attending a couple of games over there. To see my friends in the 13 th Region.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Clay should beat Bville by 20+ but I have a lot of respect for Dinky Phipps and he could come up with a gameplan to keep it close. Clay has the best player in the region and the most athletic personel. Corbin should beat Middlesboro by about 6-8 as they have most region teams. North will beat Knox by 8-10. Carson is a different player come tournament time. The biggest game to watch is HC and SL. I'm going to say HC will probably pull it out where its at home, but we'll see.
Brother Cecil Wrote:What is the seating capacity of Harlan County's new gym and do they have plenty of parking? Would appreciate a response. Thinking of attending a couple of games over there. To see my friends in the 13 th Region.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

Plenty of both.
Yogibear Wrote:Plenty of both.

I wonder if the gym will ever be packed out.
It's been packed for graduation.
I think it will hold 4,000 or more.

I thought Knox Central looked good in the game I saw last week. Barger is impressive.