Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 73 - Holmes 72
Congrats to Covcath on the 35th district championship!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
It's HUGE and I hope that they can carry the momentum into regionals because I said that they started to click at the end of the year and would be tough to beat.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Beyond half court 3 pointer to win it for the blue colonels as time expires!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Here's the buzzer beater:

http://nkyfan.com/video-ruthsatzs-game-w...ks-holmes/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
2/22/2013
Covington Catholic 73
Holmes 72
Covington Catholic 19 21 16 17 73
Holmes 18 12 20 22 72
35th District Finals at Holmes
Covington Catholic (25-6) -- Ruthsatz 29, Frederick 10, Pauly 8, Tobler 8, Wichmann 7, Heppler 5, Schuh 6.
Holmes (28-2) -- Palmer 21, Bolden 19, Coston 13, Chames 13, Engleman 4, Housley 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...rylink=cpy
Covington Catholic guard Nick Ruthsatz’s halfcourt shot at the buzzer stunned Holmes in Friday’s 35th District tournament championship game as the Colonels ended the Bulldogs’ five-year title run with a thrilling 73-72 win at Holmes.

The rematch of the Bulldogs’ Jan. 8 nine-point win over the Colonels featured 17 ties and lead changes with the final change coming on Ruthsatz’s dagger.

“This means a lot to us,” said Ruthsatz, who converted five treys and scored a game-high 29 points. “We didn’t want to lose.”

The junior made sure of the win with a straight-line rainbow launched from the midcourt circle that swished through the net.

Ruthsatz was named tournament MVP.

Both teams advance to next week’s Ninth Region tournament.

CovCath will go as a No. 1 seed for the first time in six years.

“What a shot,” said CovCath’s Nick Fredrick, who scored 10 points before fouling out with 11.9 seconds to play. “I thought I cost us the game with my last foul, but my teammate picked me up.”

Holmes’ B.J. Coston, fouled by Fredrick while driving to the basket, sank a pair of free throws, giving the Bulldogs, ranked No. 2 in the final Northern Kentucky Enquirer coaches’ poll, its second lead after intermission at 72-70.

Third-ranked CovCath (25-6) called timeout with 7.9 seconds remaining, but Quinton Chames poked away the inbounds pass for Holmes (28-2) and chased the ball out of bounds under the Bulldogs’ basket with 2.7 second left.

Zach Tobler threw the ensuing inbounds pass to Ruthsatz, who took two dribbles before releasing his game-winning shot.

When it went in, Ruthsatz put his hands on his head and looked skyward before being mobbed by teammates who rushed to him in celebration.

CovCath last won the district with a fourth straight title in 2007.

The Colonels and Bulldogs met in the tournament final for the 13th time in 14 years.

When his son’s shot beat the buzzer, CovCath coach Scott Ruthsatz threw up both arms, turned and hugged assistants.

“It’s something you dream about,” the coach said. “They got hot, but we got a good look at the basket late and it went in.”

CovCath led by 10 at halftime as Sawyer Pauly, Bo Schuh and Nate Wichmann took turns containing Holmes’ top scorer James Bolden, who was held scoreless the first 12 minutes before finishing with 19 points.

Daquan Palmer led the Bulldogs with 21.

Chames and Coston scored 13 each.

Palmer and Bolden were named all-tournament, joining CovCath’s Pauly and Bo Shuh

The lead grew to 15 in the first minute of the third quarter, but Holmes ended the period on a 9-2 sprint and began the fourth with an 8-2 run to tie at 58 with 6:25 left.

The score was tied at 60 on a pair of free throws by Chames, at 62 on a Palmer 3-pointer and 70 on a trey by Bolden with 1:07 to go.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ck_check=1
congrats colonels
Nice win and a favorable draw in the region.
Yea Colonels