Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 50 - Hazard 42
Final
Was a good 2nd half... Hazard owned 3rd quarter but Perry made plays when they had to.. Neace (PCC) hit a BIG 3 in the 3rd.

Congrats to Coach Spurlock
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Perry and Coach Spurlock. Was good tournament game shame these two had to meet in the first game. No doubt two of the top three teams in the region.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
Great game, gonna give credit to Al Holland, i believe he had a good game plan but too much talent for PCC
Kudos to the Bulldogs for not quitting in the second half. Had Dalton in foul trouble and Perry almost on the ropes. Big three by Neace in the third when Perry needed it bad. Darrell Beatty big three about midway of fourth which made a 5 point lead eight. Then caused turnover on the other end which ultimately led to Johnson stuff and 10 point lead. Give Commodores credit they made the plays down the stretch were haunted by early exit last year when they were also undefeated in the region and lost to the Horn in the first round.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Commodores looking good with senior leadership & talented underclassmen!

Holllon injury at Knott changed Hazard for the worse.
X Factor Wrote:Commodores looking good with senior leadership & talented underclassmen!

Holllon injury at Knott changed Hazard for the worse.

I agree Hollan definitely not at full strength but the kid played his heart out. You could tell when he drove to the basket could not make the cuts like he did early in the year. Maybe he will heal up now. He's only a junior and a top notch kid.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Congrats to Perry. The game really was never in question.
Congrats Perry!
Congrats Perry. Hate to see Hudson not make the region for the second straight year. Hopefully the draw is in their favor next year.
Congrats Perry Central
ekff Wrote:Was a good 2nd half... Hazard owned 3rd quarter but Perry made plays when they had to.. Neace (PCC) hit a BIG 3 in the 3rd.

Congrats to Coach Spurlock

HUGE shot, PCC came out cold in the 3rd, only 6 pts that quarter. (Two 3's from players coming off the bench Neace and Fugate)
Great win by the Commodores. They led by 14 at the half but foul trouble by Cornett and and a gutsy comeback by the dawgs made things interesting until the end. Beverly was clutch as the bulldawgs had a great gameplan for the two bigs of PCC. I agree with Brother Cecil that the 3s by Neace and Beatty were crucial as each time the bulldawgs were on a run and about to trim the lead to under 5. I also agree that the Hollan kid was not at full strength but played his heart out. I think it is just a shame that one of these two teams will not make the region because of an outdated practice like a blind draw. I think Buckhorn and Leslie had better enjoy it because the next time they make the region they will at least have to earn it. But anyway just a solid win by the Commodores and tough loss for the bulldawgs.
Perry moves on good win but Big Al had 25 points less talent ,great game plan from A great coach. Rumors swirling that the Head job at Letcher will be open in the next few days!!!! Could this be Al Hollands last job????
MVP2 Wrote:HUGE shot, PCC came out cold in the 3rd, only 6 pts that quarter. (Two 3's from players coming off the bench Neace and Fugate)

This is one thing I like about Spurlock he will play the bench. Coach Hatcher was a top notch coach but would not play his bench very much during the season. Even if you lose games during the regular season giving kids off the bench playing time pays dividends in the postseason. To a big school like Perry the bench should help but only if you will use it and give these kids experience during the season.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
^

Could happen...but I believe the Big Al/LCC rumors has been threw out there at the end of every season since Letcher Central has open their doors.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Congrats Perry and Coach Spurlock. Was good tournament game shame these two had to meet in the first game. No doubt two of the top three teams in the region.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.

You got to be kidding maybe two of the top five teams
Don't even start with the rumor mill, do you really think, that is a possibility. Bulldogs lost, but his job was definitely not on the line!
tommy2 Wrote:You got to be kidding maybe two of the top five teams

What are your top five teams? Just asking?

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
I agree these rumors start to suface every year at this time. But I would have to believe that the LCC faithful are more than a little unhappy with hosting the regional tournament and not even getting to play in it. Then you throw in a 4 point halftime lead that turns into a 30 point humiliating loss to Cordia and I think it is safe to say that the head coach at LCC is not getting any early Christmas presents. Whether Big Al is fed up enough with Hazard remains to be seen but I think these questions will be answered in the next couple of months.
We Bleed Blue Wrote:Don't even start with the rumor mill, do you really think, that is a possibility. Bulldogs lost, but his job was definitely not on the line!

I don't think Hazard would push him out but I could see him leaving under his own will... I'd say he has it good there though.
Congrats to the Dores and dawgs!! Great game, great sportsmanship, and great officiating. I was really impressed with the way the officials allowed the teams to play, and wish that all officials would be that way. They put the game in the kids hands tonight and I think the better team won. S/O goes to Josh Hollon for such a hard fought game while Injured, he is easily the most underrated player in the region.
Humpty_dumpty Wrote:I don't think Hazard would push him out but I could see him leaving under his own will... I'd say he has it good there though.

I don't think the grass is as green as it used to be. Things such as players parents telling him who to play which ordinarily would not mean anything except when the parent has some power. Also in general thats a hard bunch to please especially when you are not winning. I do not think Al will be forced out I just agree with you that he may leave on his own accord because of all the headaches. But he has a hell of a team returning and that would be hard to leave.
I said this last yr about HHS and I will say it again: not a lot of room for improvement when your team is mostly 18 yr old juniors. The only reason they were better this yr was the addition of Hudson. If your saying they will be a hell of a team because everyone else is losing players I understand. I think Al has his hands full w/ HHS right now. I think the loss of a few players will help him more than hurt. It's hard to play 10/12 kids and keep any type of flow. Big Al is a great and proven coach but it's hard to keep 10/12 players plus parents happy.
I find that post quite offensive, to me personally , my son and his teammates. How rude!!! I guess you have no kids, nor any heart or humanity!!! These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!! Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!!
And most are 16/17 year old juniors, my kid was older, barely 18, how old our your hold-backs/ should be ineligible transfer ????
2/19/2013
Perry Co. Central 50
Hazard 42
Hazard 6 6 14 16 42
Perry Co. Central 10 16 6 18 50
54th District at Perry Co. Central
Hazard (23-6) -- Hardy 2, Mobelini 2, Whitaker 6, Hudson 15, Hollon 8, Olinger 7, Hall 2.
Perry Co. Central (23-7) -- Pray 1, Beatty 5, Fugate 4, Neace 3, Beverly 15, Stacy 4, Johnson 12, Cornett 6.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...rylink=cpy
We Bleed Blue Wrote:I find that post quite offensive, to me personally , my son and his teammates. How rude!!! I guess you have no kids, nor any heart or humanity!!! These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!! Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!!

Cook also shook happy's hand. That doesn't mean anything. I agree that the officiating wasn't great but they made bad calls both ways. It's sad that you would even think about cheering for knott county, that's why us hazard fans get a bad name. Sounds like sour grapes to me because your sons team got beat out.
We Bleed Blue Wrote:And most are 16/17 year old juniors, my kid was older, barely 18, how old our your hold-backs/ should be ineligible transfer ????

The transfer is 16 years old from perry central and I think the hold back you are referring to is 15. You shouldn't blame the kids at perry because they played hard and beat hazard anyway.
My comment about Coach Holland and the rumor was going around before last nights game. Why would you want to get rid of the best coach in the region. He is in A bad situation at HHS in my opinion. Has to play to many kids to keep the rich daddies happy. He could go to LCC and have A regional contendor year in and year out. I would bet the farm that if he had been on Letchers bench last night that they woulldn't have gotten drilled by 30.