•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I know as many kids, if not more that did absolutely nothing in high school that suffer from this. Of course, they don't get noticed, because 'doing nothing' in high school doesn't get noticed.

I have nothing against soccer, but it's a lot like basketball (everybody gets to shoot the ball), baseball (everbody gets to field the ball and swing the bat) and soccer (everybody on the field gets to kick the ball, everybody can score; except the goalie, but I guess he technically could. Then, sign him up for the U.S Olympic Team :blabbermo)

That's great that they share the kids (or at least willing to do so) with both sports being during the same season. I know of a school this year, and their starting nose guard was also the 3rd leading scorer on their Region Semi Finalist Soccer team. Their football team also made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and did well.

????

You know what I meant.

Maybe the Coaches just need to have a few meetings, in the gym, with EVERY male student at the high school a couple times a month before the end of school and do a little recruiting inside the school.

Go after them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
TigerBlues Wrote:I hope 3 sport will read this and confirm. I talked to a parent today that said the team is lifting weights now.

Hey TB sorry for the delay but the boys are not lifting as a team, some are lifting on there own at the fitness center with there old coach KINNER. nobody has told the boys when the team will lift at school as a team but the tack and baseball are working out so maybe some of the boys are going then. Any word on the coaching staff, is bill mike going to do it.
3 sport junkie Wrote:Hey TB sorry for the delay but the boys are not lifting as a team, some are lifting on there own at the fitness center with there old coach KINNER. nobody has told the boys when the team will lift at school as a team but the tack and baseball are working out so maybe some of the boys are going then. Any word on the coaching staff, is bill mike going to do it.

Wow that's dysfunctional at best 3sport. This doesn't bode well for the program and the kids left in it as a lack of direction isn't what they need. I'm disappointed that the administrators are not more involved in this process from a chain of command standpoint. If the uncertainty continues we will continue to see the downfall and the result of it.
There is a coaching change there?
TigerBlues Wrote:Wow that's dysfunctional at best 3sport. This doesn't bode well for the program and the kids left in it as a lack of direction isn't what they need. I'm disappointed that the administrators are not more involved in this process from a chain of command standpoint. If the uncertainty continues we will continue to see the downfall and the result of it.

I was looking over the Soccer, Basketball, Baseball and Football rosters. It looks like to me that you all have a serious problem of one sport "stars" at the high school. As you all know, when you have less than 100 kids in the school and you want to win, you better have a bunch of 2-3 Sport guys; and, you don't

This is what I pulled from the KHSAA scoreboard:
1) Soccer- Has 16 kids on the team, and not only three of them play another sport (baseball).

2) Basketball- 14 on the roster & only 5 of them play another sport (football). 4 out of these 5 appear to be from the same family, too. There is another multi sport athlete and he just plays baseball.

3) Baseball- 11 kids on the roster. 4 of which are multi sport guys (3 with soccer and one with football)

Again, this is going off what has been reported to the KHSAA. I still stick to my guns, and attribute the problem being a numbers game. Until you get more basketball and baseball kids out to counter what soccer has taken away (and, it's not just hurt football from the looks of things), then things will be problematic.

How many boys in the school Golf and do Cross Country, too?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I was looking over the Soccer, Basketball, Baseball and Football rosters. It looks like to me that you all have a serious problem of one sport "stars" at the high school. As you all know, when you have less than 100 kids in the school and you want to win, you better have a bunch of 2-3 Sport guys; and, you don't

1) Soccer- Has 16 kids on the team, and not only three of them play another sport (baseball).

2) Basketball- 14 on the roster & only 5 of them play another sport (football). 4 out of these 5 appear to be from the same family, too. There is another multi sport athlete and he just plays baseball.

3) Baseball- 11 kids on the roster. 4 of which are multi sport guys (3 with soccer and one with football)

Again, this is going off what has been reported to the KHSAA. I still stick to my guns, and attribute the problem being a numbers game. Until you get more basketball and baseball kids out to counter what soccer has taken away (and, it's not just hurt football from the looks of things), then things will be problematic.

Coach Runyon is a master motivator if he cannot get the numbers up for football do not
see anyone currently involved with school system more capable. Again hopefully I'm wrong
but do not see football in the PHS future without more participation
[quote=doubledown]Coach Runyon is a master motivator if he cannot get the numbers up for football do not
see anyone currently involved with school system more capable. Again hopefully I'm wrong
but do not see football in the PHS future without more participation[/QUOTE

I agree with this. No direction is killing any momentum right now
I have heard that a local coach may be interested in an assistant positions for Bill Mike.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I was looking over the Soccer, Basketball, Baseball and Football rosters. It looks like to me that you all have a serious problem of one sport "stars" at the high school. As you all know, when you have less than 100 kids in the school and you want to win, you better have a bunch of 2-3 Sport guys; and, you don't

Basketball/Football - M.Daniels (Hurt during football), K.Daniel, Trimble, Smith, Lu.Daniels (Hurt during football), La.Daniels, Phelps, Morris, D.Daniels. - 9

Baseball/Football - Burchell (Hurt during football), Pelphrey (Hurt during baseball last season), K.Daniel, Lu.Daniel (Hurt during football), La.Daniel, Phelps, Smith, Morris, Helton ?? - 9

Basketball/Baseball - Miller, K.Daniel, Lu.Daniels, La.Daniels, Smith, Phelps, Murray, Vance, Morris, Crum, D.Daniels. - 11

Soccer (Multi-sport )- Vanhose (Baseball), Meade (Swimmer), DeGuzman (Cross Country), Taylor (Baseball), Preece (Golf) - 5

I'm sure I may have missed o couple. But, these are the kids that play more than one sport. I also listed a few of the 8th graders that I know will be playing other sports respectfully.

Three Sporters (FB, BB, BB) - Lu.Daniels, La.Daniels, Phelps, K.Daniel, Smith, Morris, Helton ??, D.Daniels

Last years class - ONE 3 sporter (Sublett - Soccer, BB & BB)
This years class - ZERO (as far as I know) Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Lynch47 Wrote:I have heard that a local coach may be interested in an assistant positions for Bill Mike.

Has Coach Runyon decided to be the head coach this year? My understanding this past year he was there on an interim capacity.
OffTheHook Wrote:Basketball/Football - M.Daniels (Hurt during football), K.Daniel, Trimble, Smith, Lu.Daniels (Hurt during football), La.Daniels, Phelps, Morris, D.Daniels. - 9

Baseball/Football - Burchell (Hurt during football), Pelphrey (Hurt during baseball last season), K.Daniel, Lu.Daniel (Hurt during football), La.Daniel, Phelps, Smith, Morris, Helton ?? - 9

Basketball/Baseball - Miller, K.Daniel, Lu.Daniels, La.Daniels, Smith, Phelps, Murray, Vance, Morris, Crum, D.Daniels. - 11

Soccer (Multi-sport )- Vanhose (Baseball), Meade (Swimmer), DeGuzman (Cross Country), Taylor (Baseball), Preece (Golf) - 5

I'm sure I may have missed o couple. But, these are the kids that play more than one sport. I also listed a few of the 8th graders that I know will be playing other sports respectfully.

Three Sporters (FB, BB, BB) - Lu.Daniels, La.Daniels, Phelps, K.Daniel, Smith, Morris, Helton ??, D.Daniels

Last years class - ONE 3 sporter (Sublett - Soccer, BB & BB)
This years class - ZERO (as far as I know) Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Just going off what has been posted on the KHSAA site, which is updated by the AD and/or coach(es).
OK, go look again. At the football roster. I actually forgot a couple myself.

A three Sporter Rice (injured football)
Also Childers - Football/baseball

Look at the roster better or learn the kids. The numbers you posted aren't even close to true.

Basketball has 12 kids on the team that is posted on the KHSAA site that play more than one sport. You also stated that KHSAA only had 14 kids listed on the roster. There is 17 listed.

Here is you a link so you can really go look. Also attend some games and learn who the kids are. That would help even more.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=38405

You can question me all you want. BUT, I'm there. No matter the sport and I know them all.

Our true problem is the kids in the halls doing absolutely nothing and their parents allowing and doing the same exact thing. If the parents truly care. They need to quit talking in each others ears and go see Mr. Sammons or the supposed coaches and try to make a change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:OK, go look again. At the football roster. I actually forgot a couple myself.

A three Sporter Rice (injured football)
Also Childers - Football/baseball

Look at the roster better or learn the kids. The numbers you posted aren't even close to true.

Basketball has 12 kids on the team that is posted on the KHSAA site that play more than one sport. You also stated that KHSAA only had 14 kids listed on the roster. There is 17 listed.

Here is you a link so you can really go look. Also attend some games and learn who the kids are. That would help even more.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=38405

You can question me all you want. BUT, I'm there. No matter the sport and I know them all.

Our true problem is the kids in the halls doing absolutely nothing and their parents allowing and doing the same exact thing. If the parents truly care. They need to quit talking in each others ears and go see Mr. Sammons or the supposed coaches and try to make a change.

Hook I think Duck has good intentions and wasn't taking a shot at you. And in reality on the KHSAA website Paintsville only reports stats in one sport and that is baseball to my knowledge. Why in the hell they do not promote these kids is beyond me, look at the other Class A schools that do and you will see a pattern. It's the schools that are winning and don't think these kids out here don't check that stuff out. My feeling is that if you are absent of reporting your stats you are absent of really giving a damn about the pride in the program cause its one less thing to do.
And one more thing, thank you for taking the time to report the stats on BGR because without you doing it nobody would ever know what they were.:thanks:
^I know he wasn't taking shots at me. You know me. I just shoot straight from the hip. That's always been my problem on here. People think I'm mad or something...lol. I apologize for that. And you are welcome. I enjoy it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Where can I find the 2013 schedule for Paintsville? Heard there were significant changes for this year.
^Should see it about mid summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
TigerBlues Wrote:Where can I find the 2013 schedule for Paintsville? Heard there were significant changes for this year.

I do know Pikeville will be making the trip to Memorial Field in Week 2. Glad this rivalry is getting back up and going in Class A regular season play. I love watching football at Paintsville, excited for that one.
TigerBlues Wrote:Where can I find the 2013 schedule for Paintsville? Heard there were significant changes for this year.

I heard morgan county might also be on it as well as pikeville being on it for sure.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Should see it about mid summer.

Why do other schools already have theirs locked down and Paintsville does not?
TigerBlues Wrote:Why do other schools already have theirs locked down and Paintsville does not?

TB the schedule is made but noone has the time to post it i guess, maybe after basketball is over we'll get more attention on the football side. Thats a big MAYBE. Magoffin is not on the schedule and Pikeville and Morgan are,don't know who else we dropped but I will find out and get back.
3 sport junkie Wrote:TB the schedule is made but noone has the time to post it i guess, maybe after basketball is over we'll get more attention on the football side. Thats a big MAYBE. Magoffin is not on the schedule and Pikeville and Morgan are,don't know who else we dropped but I will find out and get back.

Thanks 3sport, best to your son and the team this year.
South Floyd is on the schedule I understand. Any truth to this?
TigerBlues Wrote:Thanks 3sport, best to your son and the team this year.

If the Tigers picked up S Floyd,Pikeville,and Morgan who did they drop?
TigerBlues Wrote:If the Tigers picked up S Floyd,Pikeville,and Morgan who did they drop?

Magoffin and betsy layne im pretty sure where dropped.
It's official, Bill Mike Runyon steps down as head coach today. The job has been posted but word is that Chirico is the front runner to replace Runyon. Anyway you cut it, three coaches in three years with limited roster is not doing the program any favors. Fingers are crossed some stability can be accomplished with the hire for a few years.
Why didn't Chirico get it a year back?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Why didn't Chirico get it a year back?

He ran the team anyway.
Can this be confirmed? I looked on the KHSAA site and it had yet to be posted. Will Chirico take it?
Saw in today's Paintsville Herald that Runyon stepped down.... Yes, I know this is probably old news........

Just thought the BGR universe would like to know it was in print.
Chirico has turned down the job due to personal work status as it has been said but has asked to stay on as Assistant head coach. Other names mentioned were McCoy, and Preece from Ohio. That's all I've heard, if anyone knows more or if this is not even close please post.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next