Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Jobs
So what is the latest rumors on upcoming job openings in girls basketball once the conclusion of girls basketball season is reached.
Estill County.
You are full of S***....First you said the administration told you, I talked with the administration and they said no it wasn't true now your saying that you don't care what they have to say....so why lie? Coach McKinley is NOT going anywhere...you need to stick with your own team and leave other teams alone....
Whitley County
Anderson is retiring after 31 years
RIUTG is Coach Anderson only the second coach in Whitley County history? Was Coach Rains hired when title ix came into play?
Get'em Strikeout!!!!! lol Strike don't let them get to you. Hey Strike but you do have to admit it's been a tough year so far for your Estill Co. Sports. Alot of loosing records football, girls and boys basketball, volleyball, boys soccer.... girls soccer had a good year... Nothing meant just it's been a tough year so far for them... Strike just a question (don't take it mean or anything) What are the feeder programs like??? Just asking. Sometimes feeder programs have alot to do with forming talent to prepare for high school programs.... But Strike don't let them get to you.... just someones opinion
Only way coach McKinley leaves Estill County will be of his own ...getting out of coaching or moving somewhere else..not through any dismissal...Estill will become competitive again in our sports. Most every school goes through a cycle of young players..so don't fret this to will pass for the Enginees..
Sorry Engineers!!!
E's Army Wrote:RIUTG is Coach Anderson only the second coach in Whitley County history? Was Coach Rains hired when title ix came into play?

I may be wrong, im sure fever would know, but im pretty sure Anderson is the 4th or 5th head coach. I believe there were a few before Rains that didnt coach very long.
outsidein Wrote:Get'em Strikeout!!!!! lol Strike don't let them get to you. Hey Strike but you do have to admit it's been a tough year so far for your Estill Co. Sports. Alot of loosing records football, girls and boys basketball, volleyball, boys soccer.... girls soccer had a good year... Nothing meant just it's been a tough year so far for them... Strike just a question (don't take it mean or anything) What are the feeder programs like??? Just asking. Sometimes feeder programs have alot to do with forming talent to prepare for high school programs.... But Strike don't let them get to you.... just someones opinion

It has. Football and Boys Basketball has been hit by injury...Girls basketball has only 2 SR's this year, 0 JR's the rest are SO, FR and couple middle schoolers. The feeder programs are good, they have a lot of young talent in those programs moving up to the next level. They have good coaches that work their butt off to help prepare them for high school.

My issue with lilian is, he/she keeps saying that Coach McKinley is supposedly on the hot seat which isn't true, not sure where she heard it from or if she made it up herself but she told me in a PM that she was told by the administration here and some of the parents, well I talked to 2 people from the administration and they both said no that it was a rumor that got started but it wasn't true...now she's backtracking her words and saying she don't care what the administration says, uh last time I checked the administration has the final say in who goes and who stays....Coach McKinley brought Estill back from the basement up since Jaree Wiseman was coach back in the 10th region...

rebounder8 Wrote:Only way coach McKinley leaves Estill County will be of his own ...getting out of coaching or moving somewhere else..not through any dismissal...Estill will become competitive again in our sports. Most every school goes through a cycle of young players..so don't fret this to will pass for the Enginees..

Exactly!!! I don't think Coach would leave on his own.. I really like Coach McKinley very classy guy
Strike I'm not sure if you can compare 10th region to 14th region... just my opinion.... now just for the sake of discussion..(and this has nothing to do with Estill Co) how long do you let athletic programs fall just because your coaches are nice and another question if your coach is a jerk and they win do you keep them? How do you rate a coach??? wins/losses or if there nice or not??? (to me it's a little tougher going against montgomery co and clark county in 40th district than it is now. and I believe wiseman took them to a 10th region championship game. Wiseman did pretty good... go back on khsaa and look at the records. Turpin had a hard time.)
outsidein Wrote:Strike I'm not sure if you can compare 10th region to 14th region... just my opinion.... now just for the sake of discussion..(and this has nothing to do with Estill Co) how long do you let athletic programs fall just because your coaches are nice and another question if your coach is a jerk and they win do you keep them? How do you rate a coach??? wins/losses or if there nice or not??? (to me it's a little tougher going against montgomery co and clark county in 40th district than it is now. and I believe wiseman took them to a 10th region championship game. Wiseman did pretty good... go back on khsaa and look at the records. Turpin had a hard time.)

Wiseman actually took them to the 10th region championship twice, against Bishop Brossart and Harrison County..lost by 1 to Brossart and 16 to Harrison....Coach McKinley has won 3 district championships since he's been at Estill, I remember the years coach Turpin had and when I say Coach McKinley brought them from the basement up, that's what I mean. McKinley took over in 04/05 and each year he's gotten a little better...Their was couple times he won right around 12 games but other than that he's won 14+ games until this year and that's do to the talent...2 SR's, 0 JR's, rest are SO, FR, Middle Schoolers
ok but not talking about Estill Co. Strike what about the remainder of the questions? What is your view concerning coaches. Rate a coach. Nice guy or bad guy. Your opinion. No one will tell Estill Co. administration or coaches... this has nothing to do with them just on what your opinion on coaches in general. Why would you fire a coach? would you had fired Tubby? Tubby is a great person.... nice guy...
Nice guys are a good thing but if they don't win then they aren't getting the job done and it's time to move on to someone else but you can't have a coach that's hateful, cusses players, treats players like crap, etc. etc., coaching is fine just not extreme coaching. I would fire a coach if he didn't win, doing things with high school girls that he shouldn't be doing, mean to the players...Tubby left on his own
Strikeout King Wrote:Nice guys are a good thing but if they don't win then they aren't getting the job done and it's time to move on to someone else but you can't have a coach that's hateful, cusses players, treats players like crap, etc. etc., coaching is fine just not extreme coaching. I would fire a coach if he didn't win, doing things with high school girls that he shouldn't be doing, mean to the players...Tubby left on his own

4-24 Strikeout. What say ye? Getting it done? And say what you want, and what makes you think you are the only one the admin talks to? I mean really. Its obvious you are a young lad thats very zealous of the current coach, but think about this, do you really think that they would tell you? :please:
lillianhidgepork Wrote:4-24 Strikeout. What say ye? Getting it done? And say what you want, and what makes you think you are the only one the admin talks to? I mean really. Its obvious you are a young lad thats very zealous of the current coach, but think about this, do you really think that they would tell you? :please:

And that's the only time he's had this type of year....and just so you know, ask anyone on here who has me on twitter or facebook and they will tell you I'm clearly a guy...and something funny, why would the administration tell you one thing then someone else the other...Doesn't make sense...and in fact I will see the administration again tomorrow night at both girls and boys games...Mark it down...Coach McKinley isn't going anywhere...say what you want....you must be either a parent of a player that isn't getting any playing time, probably because she's a middle schooler or a Frosh or your from a school that Estill has beat this year or in the past because I see you post an awful lot in the 13th region teams threads...maybe you should stick to those teams instead of teams that's not in your region...
so Coach McKinley took over Estill 04/05....Estill went 8-40 through the 02/03 & 03/04 seasons combine....since coach McKinley has taken over, he's 104-154...3 District Championships, 1 Regional Semi-Final Appearance, defeated Breathitt County twice, 1 by 25 and 1 by 2...something they hadn't done in a long long time...he's beaten Letcher @ Letcher back when Letcher first started...Below is coach McKinley's track record

04/05: 6-22
05/06: 14-14, District Runner-Up
06/07: 14-16, District Champs
07/08: 12-19, District Runner-Up
08/09: 11-19, District Champs, Region Semi-Final
09/10: 10-16, District Runner-Up
10/11: 17-12, District Champs
11/12: 16-13.
12/13: 4-23

These two seasons were by a different coach.
02/03: 5-21
03/04: 3-19

Anyone with any common sense can tell he's done good things at Estill...They would be foolish to let him go with the future bright. So I'll still stick to my guns and say Coach McKinley will be at Estill until he steps down on his own so keep on living in your little fantasy world..
Strikeout King Wrote:Nice guys are a good thing but if they don't win then they aren't getting the job done and it's time to move on to someone else but you can't have a coach that's hateful, cusses players, treats players like crap, etc. etc., coaching is fine just not extreme coaching. I would fire a coach if he didn't win, doing things with high school girls that he shouldn't be doing, mean to the players...Tubby left on his own

Strike I agree... If you continue to loose than something needs to change. O
Hey Strike does he coach the volleyball team? What is the past seasons records on volleyball and his w/l record? Just wondered. Basketball 104-154 - volleyball 77-117 hmm Strike it's a tough argument for you. sorry guy. I think if you seen this from another school you would be agreement. Good luck to you all tonight.....
outsidein Wrote:Hey Strike does he coach the volleyball team? What is the past seasons records on volleyball and his w/l record? Just wondered. Basketball 104-154 - volleyball 77-117 hmm Strike it's a tough argument for you. sorry guy. I think if you seen this from another school you would be agreement. Good luck to you all tonight.....

Yes. He took over the volleyball team back in 06.

06: 9-12-2
07: 6-22
08: 6-13
09: 18-16
10: 9-16
11: 16-19
12: 13-19
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley County
Anderson is retiring after 31 years

I won't believe it until I see it!!!
Strikeout I have nothing against you, so dont take this personal. As you can see others are in this thread are questioning the record also. The big thing is that the team is not getting better. As a matter of fact they have regressed. Thats what gets coaches on the hot seat. Now granted Estill County is not a hot bed of college talent, but neither is the 14th region in general. I am not a kid who knows nothing. I promise you there is lots of talk. I am not saying the board will move and get rid of him this year, I am saying is leash is very short......and if he dont win next year, then he is done. One player show will get you fired.
Dr. X Wrote:I won't believe it until I see it!!!

Me either Confusednicker:
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Strikeout I have nothing against you, so dont take this personal. As you can see others are in this thread are questioning the record also. The big thing is that the team is not getting better. As a matter of fact they have regressed. Thats what gets coaches on the hot seat. Now granted Estill County is not a hot bed of college talent, but neither is the 14th region in general. I am not a kid who knows nothing. I promise you there is lots of talk. I am not saying the board will move and get rid of him this year, I am saying is leash is very short......and if he dont win next year, then he is done. One player show will get you fired.

I was there tonight and nothing. I'll see the administration Thursday at the boys game and see but last time I talked to them they said this rumor was false.
Strike I can assure you the coaches or administration will not discuss with you if a coach is on the hot seat...esp. this time of season ... You nor lillian will know
outsidein Wrote:Strike I can assure you the coaches or administration will not discuss with you if a coach is on the hot seat...esp. this time of season ... You nor lillian will know

Well she told me in a PM, because when she first started saying this I PM'd her asking where she had heard it, because I hadn't heard nothing of the kind and said that she heard it from the parents and administration..I ask the administration and they say no, so we'll just have to wait and see
Strike I would say if something happens you will know in time. Pay no attention to anything now. People say alot of things.