Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ Florida 2/12 7:00 PM
This game will test the cats and see where we stand with a month to go in the season!

Big Victory if the cats can pull it off!!!

Thoughts...............

Predictions???
Cats have been playing better and do well on the road, so hopefully they can pull the upset. I think it is going to be a tough game though,UF players and fans will be pumped for this game!
Can't wait for this game! Kentucky is back in the Top 25 in the AP Poll at #25! Would be nice to see them continue to clime that ladder with a win over Florida!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It's going to be hard to beat the gators on the road, but as if late the cats have been playing good on the road. Lot of people are saying the cats will get blown out but I just don't see that. We may lose but it will be less than 10 if we lose.

Being a lifelong cat fan I believe that we will win and win every game.
Strikeout King Wrote:Noel sucks big time. I thought people were saying he was a better shot blocker than Davis? FAR FAR FROM IT.

Strikeout King Wrote:He does suck. He was getting manhandled like it wasn't nothing. Everytime I seen him go for a rebound the other guy took it away from him. If Kentucky doesn't fix it they won't make it for in the NCAA. I don't look for them to anyways, I hate to say it because I'm a UK fan but the way their playing they won't get anywhere.

Strikeout King Wrote:Kentucky just plain sucks. They have a lot of work to do if they even wanna make it out of the SEC Tournament.

Don't be surprised if Kentucky isn't ranked. They don't deserve to be.

Strikeout King Wrote:This may make some people mad but it's mostly Coach Cal's fault. He goes out and get's the best players BUT he tells them that if they come to Kentucky they will go in the NBA draft after one year. This team doesn't have any leadership and won't have it until next year or the year after that. Right now, most if not all of them need to come back and work, they are not NBA ready and probably won't be until late in the season if then.

I will say this, I love Kentucky but they won't win a championship this year. Mark It Down. Avatar bet or whatever, Kentucky is not winning the 2013 NCAA Championship

Few quotes from Strikeout king after our 2 back to back losses.
Not impossible for Cats to get a win, but highly unlikely. This is THE GAME
of the year for the Gators(as it is for everyone when UK is on the slate)
So it's going to be all out for FLA. And a loss isn't going to damage any NCAA
chances. Cats just need to guard against a big loss, and guard against
letting that affect the next game if it is a bad loss.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Few quotes from Strikeout king after our 2 back to back losses.

Well he was right, UK isn't very likely to win the NCAA this year.
Of course that doesn't make him look any less silly or wrong
about most everything else.
They are coming together at the right time but they still have a ways to go if they wanna make it far in the NCAA Tourney.

Wrong about most of everything else? Please refine what you are talking about...I did say that UK had the easiest non conference schedule and I was right. That was the only thing I mentioned about UK unless your talking about something else.
Strikeout King Wrote:They are coming together at the right time but they still have a ways to go if they wanna make it far in the NCAA Tourney.

Wrong about most of everything else? Please refine what you are talking about...I did say that UK had the easiest non conference schedule and I was right. That was the only thing I mentioned about UK unless your talking about something else.

If the above poster was accurately quoting you, then you
were bascailly wrong about everything he quoted. If he
incorrectly attributed you, sorry.
I do take the heat on some of the things I said, at the time they wasn't playing good and I didn't think they would either with the way they were playing but some of it however is true, Coach Cal only recruits one and done's, they are excellent players but they won't get it done year in and year out. Same thing for Noel he did suck at the beginning of the season and he's getting better, he's made a tremendous turnaround from what he was doing earlier than what he's doing now. They may go to the NCAA but I'm sticking to my guns and say they won't win it this year unless they get a really good draw in the NCAA.
Strikeout King, let this one go. Your ability to evaluate Noel, Cal, and this KY. team can no longer be taken seriously. And that's a very bold prediction that Ky. won't win it all this year. Try again next year! LOL
We'll see how they do come NCAA Tourney and that's coming from a UK fan. If they make it to the Sweet 16 or on up...Then you all can let me have it but if they have an early exit, or don't even make it to the sweet 16, well you all can say I told you so.
Tough one at the O-Dome, but, I will pick Kentucky 65-64.
THRILLER!!!

Kentucky - 66
Florida - 64
Strikeout King Wrote:We'll see how they do come NCAA Tourney and that's coming from a UK fan. If they make it to the Sweet 16 or on up...Then you all can let me have it but if they have an early exit, or don't even make it to the sweet 16, well you all can say I told you so.

King I was just bustin ya chops. At this point I don't think anyone in their right mind would pick KY. to win it all. Final 8 doesn't seem impossible but still unlikely. Things could get much more interesting with a win over the Gators. Florida 83-76.

Confusedtrom:
If UK wins, it's a major victory. If they stay within 7- good, 11 acceptabel. Blown out- that would taking many steps backward.
Predictions.....

Nerlens Noel Stat Line.....

15 PTS 13 RBS 4 STL 8BLKS

If this happens UK will pull the upset!!!!
We have lost almost every game when Archie Goodwin leads us in scoring! Hope he doesnt even hit the rim tonight!!! LOL
Strikeout King Wrote:I do take the heat on some of the things I said, at the time they wasn't playing good and I didn't think they would either with the way they were playing but some of it however is true, Coach Cal only recruits one and done's, they are excellent players but they won't get it done year in and year out. Same thing for Noel he did suck at the beginning of the season and he's getting better, he's made a tremendous turnaround from what he was doing earlier than what he's doing now. They may go to the NCAA but I'm sticking to my guns and say they won't win it this year unless they get a really good draw in the NCAA.

Cal tries to recruit great talent(gosh what a strange concept)
and any D-1 coach that denies he would have taken the players
Cal, got is FULL OF S+%#. And most have been one and done
but SO WHAT, it's the reality of today. And to say they won't
get it done year to year just flies in the face of his track record
so far. Which is also why it was so silly to make the comments your were quoted on above. Most folks would call a regional final, a Final Four and
a title "getting it done". And the fact that Noel isn't Anthony Davis,
doesn't mean he "sucked", there won't be another Anthony Davis
for a generation if then.
Curveball 24 Wrote:We have lost almost every game when Archie Goodwin leads us in scoring! Hope he doesnt even hit the rim tonight!!! LOL

I agree with you 100% Confusednicker:
Call me crazy but I have a good feeling. UK by 10
I am really excited about tonights game. I just hope it is a good game win or lose and not a blow out (although I would be OK with a UK blow out for a win).
Florida is lightning it up from 3. Lead the Cats 31-19
Guard play awful. Team list without noel on court.
Florida leads 38-25 at half.
They are lighting it up from the 3 because UK is not playing any D and giving wide open looks. UK played well first 8 mins and then just played stupid on O and quit playing D. It also hurt not having Noel in the game. Our gaurds are doing nothing on O and making the big guys try to make plays and they are turning it over. Lets see if Cal can turn it around second half.
Flordia 43-26 at the 15:57 mark. These refs are horrendous
Florida 53-38 at the 11:49 mark
that was all ball and they seriously call a foul on Noel?
Florida 59-45 at the 7:15 mark