Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County 94 Harlan County 77
This was a better game than the score would indicate. HC led 41-40 at the half, but MC came out in the 3rd quarter with blood in their eyes and played a great 3rd quarter! Their two long athletic studs stepped up and made 3's and threw down a couple dunks a piece and gradually pulled away. HC played well but didn't have the firepower to stay with this team that IMO was clicking on all cylinders today! I believe playing against a team like this will help the Black Bears in the big picture, I just wish we had played more games against teams like this throughout the year...
Harlan Co. played really hard and the game was better than the final score showed. The Brewer kid had one of the best high school dunks I have seen over a Montgomery Co. player in the first half. It was NASTY to put it nice way. If the Harlan Co. kids play with that kind of fire the rest of the year, they will be hard to beat in 13th. Congrats to Montgomery Co. they have a great team.
I had fogotten to write the score down at the end of the game, but remembered it correctly!!

I really loved watching the coaching staff of Montgomery County; class act!! Congratulations to them on the victory.

I am so proud of Harlan County Black Bears; they gave the effort and execution!! As far as Brewer's dunk was concered...OH MY GOD!!! Montgomery County rotated 9 or 10 throughout the entire game. I wonder if maybe we ran out of fresh legs. In any event, I'm praying HC will keep this together; it was great!!!
I hope somebody has that dunk on film because it needs to be sent to Sports Center...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
WOW!! Montgomery must be loaded!!
Brewer has some serious hops. Enjoyed watching him in the WYMT Classic.
Does anyone have a clip of the Brewer dunk????
Would love to see it
I love when fans are more focused on a dunk than getting beat. Kudos to Brewer, but congrats to the winners, Montgomery County.
commodorecreeker Wrote:WOW!! Montgomery must be loaded!!
MC is loaded!! HC played well for the most part, but just couldnt match the offensive fire power of Happy Osborne's crew tonight...
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:I love when fans are more focused on a dunk than getting beat. Kudos to Brewer, but congrats to the winners, Montgomery County.

Montgomery County is ranked as one of the top ten teams in the state. I'm not sure that Harlan County is even ranked. Most folks thought we'd walk out of that game carrying a 40 point loss.

Somebody forgot to tell our kids that they weren't even supppsed to BE in that game..hence the one point advantage at halftime. They played their hearts out on both sides of the ball.

Brewer's dunk was a "symbol" of that; sort of in your face kind of thing. He had one defensive player that was waiting on him, and a second sort of hanging on his right arm. He completed that dunk under near impossible circumstances, and we as fans, erupted...I LOVED it!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Montgomery County is ranked as one of the top ten teams in the state. I'm not sure that Harlan County is even ranked. Most folks thought we'd walk out of that game carrying a 40 point loss.

Somebody forgot to tell our kids that they weren't even supppsed to BE in that game..hence the one point advantage at halftime. They played their hearts out on both sides of the ball.

Brewer's dunk was a "symbol" of that; sort of in your face kind of thing. He had one defensive player that was waiting on him, and a second sort of hanging on his right arm. He completed that dunk under near impossible circumstances, and we as fans, erupted...I LOVED it!!
Yes, MC is a highly ranked team and you are right HC is not ranked, at least not in the top 25, but I do not agree at all with the statement that 'most folks thought we would walk out of the game with a 40 point loss'... IMO, most folks as I did, expected HC to play this team very well on our home court and have a shot to win the game! HC is currently the highest ranked team in the 13th Region and has been the highest regarded team in our region since we won 26 games last year and then competed very well with some of the highest ranked teams in the state this past summer! We have struggled some recently, but I believe most folks including myself believe that HC is supposed to and can compete very well with most of the higher ranked teams in the state and still have high hopes of making a strong tournament run!!! As for the dunk issue, it was a very exciting play one in which Brewer actually dunked over their best player and one of their 2 most explosive players who himself had 3 dunks in the game and is a solid Mr Basketball candidate.... Pruitt is the kids last name, not sure if that is how you spell his name though.. I do believe that Brewer caught Pruitt by surprise on the play, he didn't look like he realized that our boy Tyler was capable of throwing one down on him!? Bottom line for me is I don't think we need to justify why we enjoyed the dunk so much, but I do believe we are supposed to be able to and are capable of competing very well with teams of MC's caliber! I believe after watching Montgomery County play, they played about as well as they are capable of playing in the 2nd half and we have nothing to be ashamed about the loss....
happy osborne is a native of lynch isnt he?
big blu 2 u Wrote:happy osborne is a native of lynch isnt he?
yes, he was a benchwarmer for the Lynch Bulldogs back in the day!!! Lol
Well I thoroughly enjoyed watching him and his staff!!

Cuz, guess we'll agree on some things and disagree on others; one thing that I believe we'll agree on is that we love our Black Bears!!!!
Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Given the way our boys have played up and down for the last few weeks, I truly didn't know what to expect. I hoped that they would come out and play hard and they didn't disappoint me. They played the way they are capable of playing as a team and were competitive with a really good Montgomery County team. Had it not been for a really great 3rd quarter for MCHS we might have even beaten them. I hope the boys take this game in stride and take this effort into the district tournament and the regional. I would dearly love to get to go to Rupp this year. Go Black Bears!!!

I have only seen a dunk like Brewer's on television. It was great live!!! Once in a lifetime kind of moment!! Let's carry this momentum for the rest of the season. Even though we lost, we aren't losers!!!! I can't tell you how proud I am of the way the boys played. Keep it going, Black Bears!!
:Cheerlead
I agree with Cuz....I think we should expect to compete every game. As for Brewer's dunk....that was just insane. I would venture to say that kid from MC has never been dunked on like that....and I'm sure a 6'2 white kid has never done that to him.. The ally oop wasn't too shabby either. I been watching ball a long time and never seen a dunk like that in HS.
Harlan Co. has a big game Monday night against a very solid Corbin team. Corbin has two really good guards and a solid 6'6 kid inside. This should be a great game.
golden bulldogs my friend.lol
I was not at the game but i have heard several talk of the dunk. But to say Brewer is 6'2 is very kind. I was thinking more like 6'.
Brewer is a good 6'1. Excellent leaper and good defender. If he could shoot he'd be a heck of a player. I'd like to see footage of this monster jam.
I want to give some credit to our talented sophomore Tyler Miller for being ready to play against this excellent Montgomery County team! I believe if we can get this kind of play out of him he could play a big role in getting this team over the hump in the upcoming post season!
Ask and you shall recieve...
If Harlan can consistently play like they did against Montgomery, I don't see anybody beating them. Only problem with Harlan is you never know how they will show up and play.
Consistency will definately be a major factor!!!

I couldn't agree more with you Cuz (surpised?? LOL) about Tyler Miller. This Soph class went undefeated in Freshman play last year. Tyler absolutely is a factor in our playing, and has been all year. We've got a few other Soph on the bench that have done a superb job, too. Bumgardner is always ready whenever the call comes, Caldwell (younger one) is a strong aggressive player, Willie, etc....

Tell you something, I would HATE to be a guard running point in a game, look up and see Bumgardner and Willie running toward me!
Awesome Dunk!!! He aint no woody harrelson!!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Montgomery County is ranked as one of the top ten teams in the state. I'm not sure that Harlan County is even ranked. Most folks thought we'd walk out of that game carrying a 40 point loss.

Must have been most folks in Harlan County. We were hoping for a game that we could just play in and maybe walk out with a win. This was our 4th game in 5 days. Most Montgomery County folks thought we would probably suffer a loss to the top team in the 13th.
mchs78 Wrote:Must have been most folks in Harlan County. We were hoping for a game that we could just play in and maybe walk out with a win. This was our 4th game in 5 days. Most Montgomery County folks thought we would probably suffer a loss to the top team in the 13th.
Like I said sir in an earlier post, I believed that we should have been able to compete very well and have a great shot at a win in this this game for numerous reasons and didnt agree with Granny Bear's 40 point loss thoughts on the contest. I looked at your schedule and saw that the 2 games last week before the HC game were MAJOR blowouts so its not like their team came in spent from the tough battles they had encountered earlier that week? To the contrary, I believe MC due to these easy victories was well rested and PRIMED to play well against a quality opponent!! and that played a big role in why they were able to, "if the truth be known", play one of their best games of the year!!! Dont think for a minute that most folks down here thought we would take a beaten from you guys, but thought we would win the game! Hope we meet again down the road in the Big House (Rupp)
Not taking anything away from him but it looks like a regular dunk lol. If you want to see a real dunk go watch Henry clay this year.