•  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
The Blue Blur Wrote:I'd be curious to see where we ranked in the SEC in those years. I'd imagine last more often than not, while the rest of the SEC landed in the Top 50.
Yeah Blur with those kinds of numbers in previous years, i would find it hard to believe if we finished anything other than last. lol
outsidein Wrote:Don't pray for me the good lord watches over me.... you need to pray for uk football and hope the stars line up for the next few years or you will be here saying the same thing..( I guess your a Stoop fan)

I don't pray for things as such, it's a game. A leisure to me, something I enjoy. Yes as a UK football fan, the enjoyment has lost it's luster from time to time. Since God watches over you, without needing prayers I ask that you please pray for me. God has blessed me, but without prayer I'd be a troll too. So pray for me.
With this class UKs defense should be a lot better, lets face you need a good defense to win games in the sec and with stoops and crew I wouldn't be surprised to see UK near to top of the sec in defense in the next couple of years.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I don't pray for things as such, it's a game. A leisure to me, something I enjoy. Yes as a UK football fan, the enjoyment has lost it's luster from time to time. Since God watches over you, without needing prayers I ask that you please pray for me. God has blessed me, but without prayer I'd be a troll too. So pray for me.
Very well said sir!!!!!
You right Panther he hasn't coached his first game...
Wow, I hope Stoops is as good of coach as he is a recruiter! It's so awesome to have some UK Football excitement!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
panther nation Wrote:With this class UKs defense should be a lot better, lets face you need a good defense to win games in the sec and with stoops and crew I wouldn't be surprised to see UK near to top of the sec in defense in the next couple of years.
Yes, in the SEC a good defense is a must and Stoops is the man to make a good defense, and now you throw in the coaching skill of Neal Brown and that high octane air raid offense, and you will see improvements right away. I'm not going to set the first years expectations too high because it's still the SEC, but i do see some good things happening and possibly a good future for the Wildcats...
Ok Blur I'll pray for you and Ware.... I hope this time in a couple of years you all won't be wanting another new coach... I do think we will be beter defensive because you can only go up when you at the bottom....
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah Blur with those kinds of numbers in previous years, i would find it hard to believe if we finished anything other than last. lol

2002-In last at 12th, only had one 4* & one 3* in only 16 commits with an average of 2.19. Product: Finished 7-5 & 9th in SEC w/ No bowl game
2003-11th only in front of Vandy. Had one 4* & eight 3* in 21 commits with an average of 2.48. Product: Finished 4-8 & 10 in the SEC w/ No Bowl game
2004-10th only in front of Mississippi State & Vandy. Had one 4* & ten 3* in 28 commits with an average of 2.36. Product: Finished 2-9 & 11 in the SEC w/ No Bowl game.
2005-11th only in front of Vandy. Only had four 3* in 26 commits with an average of 2.15. Product: Finished 3-8 & 10 in the SEC w/ No Bowl game
2006-10th in front of Mississippi State & Vandy. Had three 4* & ten 3* in 30 commits with an average of 2.53. Product: finished 8-5 & 7 in the SEC with Music City Bowl win over Clemson.
2007-11th in front of Vandy. Had one 4* & nine 3*in 29 commits with an average of 2.31. Product: Finished 8-5 & 8th in the SEC with Music City Bowl win over FSU.
2008-11th in front of vandy. Had one 4* & eight 3* in 20 commits with an average of 2.5. Product: Finished 7-6 & 9th in the SEC with Liberty Bowl win over East Carolina.
2009-11th in front of Vandy. Had three 4* & 16 3* in 29 commits with an average of 2.69. Product: Finished 7-6 & 9th in the SEC with Music City Bowl loss to Clemson.
2010-11th in front of Vandy. Had one 4* & 18 3* in 26 commits with an average of 2.77. Product: Finished 6-7 & 10th in the SEC with Compass Bowl loss to Pittsburgh.
2011-11th in front of Vandy. Had one 4* & 21 3* in 24 commits with an average of 2.96. Product: Finished 5-7 & 10th in the SEC with No Bowl game
2012-In last at 14th. Had one 4* & 21 3* in 25 commits with an average of 2.88. Product: Finished 2-10 & 14th in the SEC with no Bowl game
2013-in 13th ahead of Missouri. Has 3 4* & 17 3* commits with an average of 3.05. Product: TBD
outsidein Wrote:Ok Blur I'll pray for you and Ware.... I hope this time in a couple of years you all won't be wanting another new coach... I do think we will be beter defensive because you can only go up when you at the bottom....

I wasn't being smart I was being serious. I would never turn down prayer if someone offers it to me. That means someone sees a flaw in me, & I'm acting too humanly. Humans are ugly & evil creatures by nature but some of us strive to be better & more in the likeness of Christ. No offense, I seen your comment as being someone who likes it on the bottom, as derogatory, vulgar, & sexual in content with no place for it here. Maybe I perceived the nature of it wrong, but when I said I would pray for you. I meant it & already have, even if you don't want it. So if you still want to pray for me, please do because I need it, as the things that went through my head in response to that comment were wrong.
Former UK target, 3* RB Aregeros Turner is heading to Northern Illinois to further his football career. Good luck to him.
As it stands right now, we have the best recruiting class at #28 that we have ever had since Rivals began! So, there is no reason why someone shouldn't be excited and to top that, we still have an opportunity to get a commitment from Tevin Lawson after he visits this weekend which would give us an even better recruiting class!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
FBALL Wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec-...03427.html

Great read!! Thanks for posting this!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:As it stands right now, we have the best recruiting class at #28 that we have ever had since Rivals began! So, there is no reason why someone shouldn't be excited and to top that, we still have an opportunity to get a commitment from Tevin Lawson after he visits this weekend which would give us an even better recruiting class!

Don't forget about Hearns. It could get even better.
FBALL Wrote:Don't forget about Hearns. It could get even better.

Per KSR, Hearns is set to sign by this weekend.

Stoops said he's looking to add one or two more. If we get Lawson & Hearns, that still leaves us one scholarship from the allotted 25. Anyone know Lovell Peterson's phone number?? I'm sure we can have it arranged for him to throw shot put & discus here.
FBALL Wrote:Don't forget about Hearns. It could get even better.

You're right. I don't know much about his situation but, from what little I know, I am very doubtful the he will be able to come to Kentucky but, we do know that he wants to.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Class Rankings stay as they are and we were to get Tevin Lawson and James Hearns, it would give us the #23 recruiting class. This would put us ahead of Missouri, Arkansas, and Miss State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You're right. I don't know much about his situation but, from what little I know, I am very doubtful the he will be able to come to Kentucky but, we do know that he wants to.

I remember reading an interview with him and he said he was getting some classes lined out to be eligible for Florida and they pretty much told him they weren't interested anymore. So he may be able to get into UK at this point. Ill try to find the interview.
I'm loving this day!!!
NothingTrivial Wrote:I remember reading an interview with him and he said he was getting some classes lined out to be eligible for Florida and they pretty much told him they weren't interested anymore. So he may be able to get into UK at this point. Ill try to find the interview.

I really hope that he is able to get his classes lined out because he would be a HUGE commitment and would most likely start as a freshman!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec-...03427.html

Good find and share FBALL...I enjoyed the perspective! Congrats to Stoops & Co. on a good start. Now coach'em up.

I'm confident the program is gaining momentum. This was a good day considering the past years of neglect....GO CATS :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
outsidein Wrote:troll???? lol do you know what that is??? Nope just don't get so excited about where it's going.... Do you all remember, or maybe you all to young, Bill Curry??? Oh he was going to be the savior... Coming from Bama he is it.... ok we see where that ended up... Then you had one after another.... Some of those guys are at small schools or not even coaching... So nothing bad it's just don't get hyped on the new coach... YET.... We have to recruite better players to get better... simple as that... I do like the Hatcher kid... in state and at Ky...

I have 2 words for you, Chip Kelly. Was Oregon a top 5 school before he arrived? Yes it took a few years but he made it happen.
To all of the people that think Stoops may not able to coach. Look at FSU's defensive ends. Werner had very little football experience. I think he only played 2 years in high school. Now they will probably go within the first 2 round in this years upcoming draft.

Badet didn't play in middle school and if you watch his hightlight video you would have thought he played since peewee.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:For anyone that hasn't seen Jojo Kemp's highlight video, ya need to watch it!!

[YOUTUBE="Jojo Kemp 2011 Junior Highlights RB"]6kBHU8Tum3A[/YOUTUBE]

So for some reason I decided to watch this video again and I have to say that I believe that I saw one the most impressive plays I have ever seen in any highlight video!

At the 3:58 mark, Jojo's QB points at him and gives him a gesture to run downfield. By doing this, the entire defense should know what is going to happen but, Jojo proceeds to outrun his defender and make a 40 yd catch!

Just thought I would share that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
That is a pretty cool play!!
Here is the footage of the day in the football office at UK. To show what a bluff & hype the Hatcher signing was, go to the 3:55 mark in the video as Hatcher is the 14th LOI received today. Then again at the 4:05 mark in the video, they show Hatcher on the board at 16th. I don't know if there was some kind of hiccup in his enrollment or what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...de6gCOXQ#!

Also for you hi-lite junkies, UK athletics has all the signees' videos up. Heres the link, it's about half way down the page:

http://www.ukathletics.com/signingday/
http://fansided.com/2013/02/06/kentucky-...ing-class/

interesting article
[Image:

]
We had mentioned Braylon Heard previously, the Nebraska running back that was looking to transfer. He's a Cardinal Mooney product, the same high school as McWilson, Stoops, & Marrow. He was recruited to Nebraska by Marrow. I don't know if UK is still on his radar, but it was made official today. No not to UK, but that he was leaving Nebraska. Here's the article:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/02/06...-transfer/

He played in 12 games last season, while being 3rd on the depth chart behind Rex Burkhead & Ameer Abdullah. He finished the season with 52 carries for 357 yard with a 6.7 yard per carry average, a 29 yard per game average & 3 touchdowns as well as 3 catches for 18 yards. Burkhead has already transferred to UK for the spring semester while preparing for the NFL Combine. Could Heard follow??
UK finished NSD at 27th & ahead of Arkansas who came in at 31st. 4* RB Alex Collins, the lynchpin of the class & considered to be the Top All-Purpose back experienced some controversy on NSD. His mom apparently stole his LOI & held it captive so he couldn't leave, as she felt Arkansas was too far to go. Collins' LOI was never signed & he's under the age of 18, thus she would have to sign it to make it official. However, at the end of the date Rivals decommitted him from Arkansas but reports say it is imminent that he signs with Arkansas.
LOL It's funny all I started off with was I don't see what the hype was.... Go back and read my posts... Just because I don't agree with some of the things said you all attack someone.... I never said Stoop couldn't coach... I just said Ky has to move up in recruiting in the conference for us to be successful in conference.... I'm not trying to argue with no one but going by what Uk football has done in the past... Look at all the coaches in the past... There first years people said oh it's going to change.... Curry he was going to change it.. Mumme he was going to change it... Morris he was going to change it... Than Brooks hired everyone hated Brooks at first and he did change things to a point.... Than Joker he was going to continue to improve things... These boards lit up on how things will change with a new coach with all these coaches.....Hey I want UK football to step up... I expect the best from them.. nothing less... and nothing ment to anyone on the board.. just my opinion on how I see things.... Blurr I didn't mean anything about bottom I was talking about being ok with the bottom of the conference. Again I Like Stoop but he hasn't been a head coach... I will wait and see what he and his asst. can do.....
  •  Previous
  • 28(current)
  • Next