•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
Even more negative comments about Louisville's recruiting.

Alex Montgomery: "I didn't like the negativity coming out of Louisville. I made my decision as soon as I left there."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Was there any more news on hatcher today??
Hearing news that Clemson has stop pursing Asiantii Woulard.

So would that mean that he is perhaps down to UCLA or UK?
I have pretty good evidence that Jason Hatcher will be signing with UK. He has used different UK hash tags in 2 different tweets. He said #WeAreUK #BBN go follow @Astalls57 right now. I'm sitting on his couch....#StoopsTroops. And Hey #BBN #StoopsTroops follow my right hand man @max_strong44. He's a redshirt freshmen on the football team this year.

This is the first tweets he has wrote about football since he said was de-committing from USC, and after the tweets from others saying that said he was re-committed from USC.

These next 6 days can't go by fast enough!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod Wrote:Hearing news that Clemson has stop pursing Asiantii Woulard.

Where you hear this at??

redhound93 Wrote:I have pretty good evidence that Jason Hatcher will be signing with UK. He has used different UK hash tags in 2 different tweets. He said #WeAreUK #BBN go follow @Astalls57 right now. I'm sitting on his couch....#StoopsTroops. And Hey #BBN #StoopsTroops follow my right hand man @max_strong44. He's a redshirt freshmen on the football team this year.

This is the first tweets he has wrote about football since he said was de-committing from USC, and after the tweets from others saying that said he was re-committed from USC.

These next 6 days can't go by fast enough!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say that's pretty good evidence. Austin Stallings is a senior at Trinity, I think he was just trying to get his follows up. He knows how us UK fans are when it comes to twitter hounding. Now Max Strong on the other hand is a UK football player, but he also went to Trinity. Probably just trying to help get his followers up as well. Also noticed, he was tweeting back & forth with Derek Anderson Jr. Is that significant?? I don't know really, but I think it's as significant as the other two.

As for things he's tweeted pertaining to football, on January 28th right before recommitting to USC he tweeted this:

Jason A. Hatcher II ‏@ROCK_NATION_6 Fight On world ✌

Now it may not be significant, but USC's slogan is fight on. Not to be smart or petty, I just don't see the significance in his tweets tonight. However, I hope you're right.

I'd really like to hear more about this Clemson & Woulard thing.
J-Rod Wrote:Hearing news that Clemson has stop pursing Asiantii Woulard.

I also heard that Clemson is no longer pursuing Woulard. Word I got was that he was leaning towards UCLA now but, I will have to see if I can get some more information on this sometime today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Blue Blur Wrote:I'd really like to hear more about this Clemson & Woulard thing.

Here's a couple articles I found on the issue coming from local news sources in South Carolina.

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is not expected to make an in-home visit with four-star prospect Asiantii Woulard, the top dual-threat quarterback in the nation according to ESPN. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound senior at Winter Park High School in Florida picked up a scholarship offer from the Tigers earlier this month, after quarterback Morgan Roberts announced his transfer to Yale, but Clemson coaches have backed off of their pursuit.

Woulard visited UCLA over the weekend, after an official visit to Clemson, and the one-time South Florida commitment has also considered Kentucky and N.C. State.

He’s slated to reveal his choice on ESPNU on signing day.

UCLA, Kentucky and Wisconsin are in pursuit of Woulard’s friend Jeff Badet, a wide receiver from Freedom High in Orlando, Fla.

Class of 2014 Clemson commitment Deshaun Watson (6-4, 195), a record-setting junior at Gainesville (Ga.) High who’s one of the nation’s top dual-threat quarterbacks for 2014, is among a talented group of junior day visitors expected on campus at Clemson this weekend.

http://data.greenvilleonline.com/blogs/r...f-woulard/

Woulard likes Clemson, but is feeling mutual?
By Phil Kornblut

According to two sources, Clemson apparently has backed off of taking quarterback Asaintii Woulard of Winter Park, FL. Woulard's father said today they've not heard from Clemson in a few days and that has him wondering the same thing. Mike Woulard went on to say that in his opinion, his son was favoring Clemson over UCLA. He visited UCLA last weekend. "I kind of think he wants to come to Clemson to be honest with you, but we'll see. I think that's where he wants to go. I don't want to speak for him because I really don't know. He kind of likes that offense. It's pass oriented, too. He's got that same kind of game as Tajh (Boyd). He's been a big fan of the program for a long time." Woulard is planning to announce a decision on Signing Day.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/2013012.../130129583
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UCLA is in a weaker conference so it makes sense to make your parents move to California or fly there to watch you play. Come on man. UCLA?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I also heard that Clemson is no longer pursuing Woulard. Word I got was that he was leaning towards UCLA now but, I will have to see if I can get some more information on this sometime today.

Thanks for posting those articles, LCUKF. Does Woulard even hold an offer from UK?? Last I heard he didn't. I've heard he's an UCLA lean as well.

Former UK target George Williams has committed to Louisiana Lafayette

Former UK target Duke Riley has committed to LSU
OL Nick Haynes has reported stated that he will announce his decision this Sunday. He is visiting UCF this weekend & is down to UK, UCF, & FAU.
Nick Haynes is visiting UK this weekend.
Strikeout King Wrote:Nick Haynes is visiting UK this weekend.

I thought he visited last weekend, guess not. Maybe he visited UCF last week, whom he was scheduled to visit this weekend.

UK has reached out to 3* Nebraska commit, DT Kevin Maurice. However, he seems to be a firm to the Huskers.

Former UK target, 4* WR Shelton Gibson has Tennessee & West Virginia in a dog fight for his services. I truly thought being an Ohio guy he'd commit to the Buckeyes, I was way off base with that thought.
Lonnie Demaree of KSR, says he's 99.44% sure that Ryan Timmons will wear Kentucky blue next season. I don't know where the other .56% is leaning, or how creditable the source is. But it's some news that was post-worthy.
Ryan Timmons had a great visit with Florida coaches today, & said that it would make his decision even more tough. In all honesty, Florida is the only school I can see him playing running back at. I'm sure that may be their selling point. Of course, I think if he goes to Florida or Ohio State his dreams will be shattered as he'll get lost in the depth chart no matter if it's at RB or WR.

James Hearns told InsidetheVille.com that he will not sign with any school on NSD.
Here is the list of recruits that will be announcing their decision on NSD on ESPN U

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on...t-schedule
Jeff Badet to announce tomorrow night at 7 & Jojo Kemp to follow at 7:15.

Badet is expected to pick the Cats

Kemp is expected to pick between the Cats & Pitt

Stoops & staff are in house tonight for Kemp's last visit before commitment.

Bill Bank Greene of Scout.com has Ryan Timmons on commit watch for UK. Of course, Timmons isn't set to announce until next week, so I don't know how credible that source to be. He was also a guy who had Buck fans on watch alert for Quick, only to watch him go to Louisville.
redhound93 Wrote:I'm very happy that Stoops is not backing down from anyone!!!!! If it was Joker trying to land a recruit like this he would be coward in a corner apologizing to Kiffin for trying to flip his recruit.

Joker and his staff were terrible recruiters. I've said this before but its a great illustration about how they operated. I coached at a school in Florida that had 6 D1 kids on it and when UK visited our HC told the guy I was from Lexington and I never so much as got a hi. To me if you find out there is a hometown kid that could push kids to you that's a guy you want to buddy up to. DJ on the other hand was one of the nicest, friendliest guys I've ever met and he made you feel that you were an important process of recruiting and was friends with our entire staff. That's what it takes to be successful at the level UK should be at. You have to have coaches that want to send kids to your school, not wish you wouldn't waste room on the practice field by just standing there for an hour and not talking to anyone. With Eliot and Stoops UK will begin the slow climb up the SEC ranks. Add in better facilities that are planned they may in a few years be able to compete with UF, Bama, and SC. I can't say enough good things about what is going on up there.
Timmons sweepstakes will be between Florida and Kentucky. According to CatsPause, he no longer has an offer from Ohio State as they have filled up on commits & don't have room for him. Here's to hoping that Timmons realizes Joker is just that.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Timmons sweepstakes will be between Florida and Kentucky. According to CatsPause, he no longer has an offer from Ohio State as they have filled up on commits & don't have room for him. Here's to hoping that Timmons realizes Joker is just that.

if we lose a commitment to joker it would be awful for us.. But when you think about it, it is FLORIDA! If we beat them in a recruitment battle it would be huge.
[Image:

]
Jason A. Hatcher II ‏@ROCK_NATION_6 @KySportsRadio can I get some love

tweeted 5 hours ago
Strikeout King Wrote: Jason A. Hatcher II ‏@ROCK_NATION_6 @KySportsRadio can I get some love

tweeted 5 hours ago

Matt Jones should tweet him back & say decommit from USC & commit to UK. We'll define what love is for you.
Another Nebraska RB is transferring to Kentucky....Rex Burkhead.

According to the story tho, he has no eligibility left....so what exactly does this mean?

Is he able to play?

http://www.cornnation.com/2013/1/31/3935...o-kentucky
J-Rod Wrote:Another Nebraska RB is transferring to Kentucky....Rex Burkhead.

According to the story tho, he has no eligibility left....so what exactly does this mean?

Is he able to play?

http://www.cornnation.com/2013/1/31/3935...o-kentucky

I'm not sure what this means. He may be drafted, he did have a pretty solid collegiate career but injuries haunted him. Maybe he feels with the new coaching staff, he'll get better training for the combine. That's the only thing I can figure. It's not like the fact that he transferred to a SEC school for the spring semester, he'll still be recognized by NFLers as a Husker.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Thanks for posting those articles, LCUKF. Does Woulard even hold an offer from UK?? Last I heard he didn't. I've heard he's an UCLA lean as well.

Former UK target George Williams has committed to Louisiana Lafayette

Former UK target Duke Riley has committed to LSU

According to Rivals he does not hold an offer from us but, it seems hard to believe that they would have him in on an official and have multiple in home visits with him and there be no offer on the table but, I could be wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another thing that hurts Louisville in recruiting is arguing with recruits.
Justin Rowland was on KSR today and he said that UK is a lock with JoJo Kemp and Jeff Badet. He feels that Kentucky is in a lot better position with Jason Hatcher than what both sides are saying. He said he felt about 90% sure that Timmons would be coming to Kentucky as well. Nick Haynes is another that he felt was a lock to go to UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Apparently, the reason James Hearns isn't committing to anyone on NSD is because of grades. Thus, it's looking less likely for him to be at UK.

Ryan Timmons said that the Ohio State stoppage of his recruitment was made up. Likely true, he just didn't get the memo. These coaches want respect & honesty, yet they don't give the same. When they just stop recruiting, they don't tell you. They just disappear.
In a war of words, Jason Hatcher acquising KSR's Matt Jones of telling people Hatcher texted him, and has committed. Which Hatcher claims wasn't true & Jones claims he never made that statement. This playground fight doesn't bold well for the Cats. Jones, if we lose Hatcher because you can't keep your trap shut. I'll boycott KSR.

Per Rivals, 4* LSU commit Louisiana DT Tevin Lawson was asked by the Tigers to greyshirt. He isn't pleased with this & has interest in UK. If he doesn't sign with LSU on NSD, he plans to visit UK the following week & is likely commit.
The Blue Blur Wrote:In a war of words, Jason Hatcher acquising KSR's Matt Jones of telling people Hatcher texted him, and has committed. Which Hatcher claims wasn't true & Jones claims he never made that statement. This playground fight doesn't bold well for the Cats. Jones, if we lose Hatcher because you can't keep your trap shut. I'll boycott KSR.

Per Rivals, 4* LSU commit Louisiana DT Tevin Lawson was asked by the Tigers to greyshirt. He isn't pleased with this & has interest in UK. If he doesn't sign with LSU on NSD, he plans to visit UK the following week & is likely commit.

You would think that Matt would know better, :ChairHit::HitWall:but who knows what happened. If I was Stoops I would very upset if I lose any recruit b/c of the media. Also I would refuse any interviews or radio shows if they prematurely announced a recruits decision.
If a kid is basing his decision on a blogger it's a poorly based decision.
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next