Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher co. Central 56 knott co. Central 34
Nice win for the lady cougars
Good job Lady Cougars, but Knott will win the 53 District Tournament.
Bear Wrote:Good job Lady Cougars, but Knott will win the 53 District Tournament.

Knott does have an advantage as the district tournament is on their home floor three out of five years, this year included. However, if they played 10 times, Letcher Central would win seven of them.
Knott played horrible at Letcher. Coach gave up...girls gave up...no effort whatsoever. They have to learn to play like a team EVERY game. They come off a great game with Shelby Valley and play horrible against Letcher. If they want to win District they are going to have to learn how to play together. One girl can't win games and the Coach is going to have to take control of his team. If the girls can't play like a team they should be on the bench...win or lose!
Bear Wrote:Good job Lady Cougars, but Knott will win the 53 District Tournament.
Explain this one after the poor performance right before the district by the team they have to beat.
I guess we never know who will win the District tournament. Jenkins or JBS might come out on the win. The Creech girl is an awesome ball player and the JBS team is improving everyday!! Letcher and Knott might want to watch these two teams next year. These girls are young and are only going to get better.
You shouldn't be so upset that your daughter isn't the #1 player. Every team has a #1 player and that's how it is.. Yes I believe in team work, but when the other players can't make any shots this top player has to try to win the game.
bball1 Wrote:Knott played horrible at Letcher. Coach gave up...girls gave up...no effort whatsoever. They have to learn to play like a team EVERY game. They come off a great game with Shelby Valley and play horrible against Letcher. If they want to win District they are going to have to learn how to play together. One girl can't win games and the Coach is going to have to take control of his team. If the girls can't play like a team they should be on the bench...win or lose!

I credit letchers defence. If they play like this no one in district or region can beat them and probably the mountains
sports00 Wrote:You shouldn't be so upset that your daughter isn't the #1 player. Every team has a #1 player and that's how it is.. Yes I believe in team work, but when the other players can't make any shots this top player has to try to win the game.

There are several girls on this team that can shoot well when given the opportunity. They have proven that. A #1 player is one who can make those around them better and not only worry about how many points they can get for themselves. This team is about more than one girl. "Your" #1 player is an excellent ball player. But, she is so much better when she plays team basketball.
You are right! These two teams will be good next year! The Creech girl is good and the JBS team plays team ball. 4 girls from the Knott Central ball team left to play for JBS! I say they will be more next year!
sports00 Wrote:You are right! These two teams will be good next year! The Creech girl is good and the JBS team plays team ball. 4 girls from the Knott Central ball team left to play for JBS! I say they will be more next year!

Ok...LOL. This thread had nothing to do with JBS or Jenkins but yet you keep bring them up. I'm sure they will be good next year. Good for them. My opinion is if girls want to go to JBS..go on!! That's their choice and if it makes them happy do it.
Letcher is the team to beat in the 14th.
Letcher has a really good groop of sophmores they will win district next year also
Letcher will win the 14 District!! They are #1!!