Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2013
Predictions and thoughts , what we holding this year
From what I heard could still be in a rebuilding season again.
I hope for at least a .500 season.
With the losses in the senior class...still looking for that good group to come through. They will play hard. Talent not what they are use to.
PRIDE101 Wrote:With the losses in the senior class...still looking for that good group to come through. They will play hard. Talent not what they are use to.

Neither are a lot of things. If its true about Coach Saylor quitting then that will be a huge loss. It sure wont be as good as it was.
^Coach Saylor is retiring. I believe they had a banquet and everything. A legend has rode off into the sunset.
LWC Wrote:^Coach Saylor is retiring. I believe they had a banquet and everything. A legend has rode off into the sunset.

It will be interesting to see how the coaches there will do without him. He kept this program alive. Was the workhorse and motivator of the team.
Coach Big Dad seem real dedicated , I think he will be head coach somewhere real soon
With Saylor gone maybe Parkey can get down to some real coaching and get the program regoing.
panther nation Wrote:With Saylor gone maybe Parkey can get down to some real coaching and get the program regoing.

Many people would differ with your view on this.
panther nation Wrote:With Saylor gone maybe Parkey can get down to some real coaching and get the program regoing.

Funny you say that because I have heard this before from some, heard they would be glad when he was gone.
Please explain how parkey can start coaching now that saylor retired I don't understand that comment at all
I think this will definately be a rebuilding year. Rock is known for its hard hitting defense and a ground pounding running game, and I hope the new coaches can put the motivation and desire to win and be a top notch program back into the underclassmen (as I see alot of underclassmen starting this year). I think in a couple years they will have another really good team. I hope Rock has a great year, and I do think it will be better than last year. A winning record this year may be a hard task to accomplish, but not impossible.
It seems as if the school system is buying into Parkey long-term. At heart, Parkey loves passing. If the school is going to stick with him, they need to fully mold everything about football to his style, starting at the little league level. If you buy in, put all hands on deck, leave nothing to chance.
rustyankle Wrote:Please explain how parkey can start coaching now that saylor retired I don't understand that comment at all

I'm not sure what Panther Nation means, but I bet is is close to what I heard. I hear a lot of old timers complaining about the shape the program is in and none of the blame is on Coach Saylor.

Does Rockcastle play either of the Pulaski schools this year.
^I am 90% sure they do.
LWC Wrote:It seems as if the school system is buying into Parkey long-term. At heart, Parkey loves passing. If the school is going to stick with him, they need to fully mold everything about football to his style, starting at the little league level. If you buy in, put all hands on deck, leave nothing to chance.

So if they mold everything to pass, then what happens when they don't have a qb that can do that, is the school going to mold everything again. If Parkey loved passing then why didn't he pass more this year.
Will the rock fans or administration put up with two bad seasons in a row if that is what happens.
^I think that is the point of implementing more passing in all levels. If kids are used to passing and catching, pass blocking, etc... they will be more prepared to do so.

I dont think he will ever throw like Lex Cath but a 60-40 run-pass balance could hold.
rustyankle Wrote:Please explain how parkey can start coaching now that saylor retired I don't understand that comment at all

From everything I been told about the program Saylor is the one who ran everything he would over rule anything Parkey would want to do.. Saylor was like the head coach with out the title.
Im sure he knows more.than parkey and martin put.together but according wto that.they get what they want.
West 80 Wrote:Im sure he knows more.than parkey and martin put.together but according wto that.they get what they want.

Wonder who will take care of the weight program.
Don't know if it has been posted already or not, but here is their schedule:

Aug 23, 13 Madison Southern home 7:30 PM
Aug 30, 13 West Jessamine home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13 South Laurel away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13 Pulaski County home 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Perry County Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Russell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Knox Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 Wayne County away 7:30 PM
Look for rock to pull off a upset or two this season. They may be rebuilding but don't count them out. They have the potential to be a little better than most are giving them credit for.. With Russell county's cup cake schedule look for rock to may be finish 2nd in district but no worst than 3rd!!
:cake: Cupcake :hilarious: Your right about that.
panther nation Wrote:Look for rock to pull off a upset or two this season. They may be rebuilding but don't count them out. They have the potential to be a little better than most are giving them credit for.. With Russell county's cup cake schedule look for rock to may be finish 2nd in district but no worst than 3rd!!
Our cupcake schedule didn't hurt us too bad in district the past two years....Please talk smack yet again...it will make three in a row that much sweeter! And panther I agree with you.. Rock could move up to second this year! You better not look past them!
^
Trust me with our schedule we can't afford to look past anyone unlike Russell co. But this is a rock thread not KC or Russell so let keep it on topic.
blue1424 Wrote:Don't know if it has been posted already or not, but here is their schedule:

Aug 23, 13 Madison Southern home 7:30 PM
Aug 30, 13 West Jessamine home 7:30 PM
Sep 6, 13 South Laurel away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13 Pulaski County home 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Perry County Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Russell County home 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Knox Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 Wayne County away 7:30 PM

Well here are my predictions and a lot of people I have talked to feel the same.
Madison Southern is a win, why, Rock has never lost to them and it is at home.
WJ and SL are wins, easy.
Whitley will be a toss up
Pulaski is a toss up, should have won last year.
PCC is a win
Russell Co is a win
Knox is a loss
clay is a win
wayne will be a win, due to Wayne holding players out for the playoffs run.

Rock should be 8-2, no worse than 7-3
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Our cupcake schedule didn't hurt us too bad in district the past two years....Please talk smack yet again...it will make three in a row that much sweeter! And panther I agree with you.. Rock could move up to second this year! You better not look past them!

I would say your cupcake schedule did hurt you come playoff time. But if you are happy just to do well in districts, then just keep playing a schedule that gives your players a sense of being better than they are and exiting the playoffs early with an inflated record. Their record did not fool anybody who knows football last year!
Full deck Wrote:Well here are my predictions and a lot of people I have talked to feel the same.
Madison Southern is a win, why, Rock has never lost to them and it is at home.
WJ and SL are wins, easy.
Whitley will be a toss up
Pulaski is a toss up, should have won last year.
PCC is a win
Russell Co is a win
Knox is a loss
clay is a win
wayne will be a win, due to Wayne holding players out for the playoffs run.

Rock should be 8-2, no worse than 7-3

Southern has the best team they have ever had. last season was one Rocks worst. it dont matter how many times you beat them before. rock never lost to PCC untill last year. Russell, Pulaski, PCC and whitley are going to be good football teams. SL and west are not going to be no push over. I love Rockcastle Football more then any one, but to much to uncertain to make bold prediction like that.
sstack Wrote:I would say your cupcake schedule did hurt you come playoff time. But if you are happy just to do well in districts, then just keep playing a schedule that gives your players a sense of being better than they are and exiting the playoffs early with an inflated record. Their record did not fool anybody who knows football last year!

I have expressed all along that I felt like our schedule had hurt us in preparation for the playoffs. We have yet to prove that we can beat any of the traditional powerhouses in 4A. My response which you quoted was in response to a comment from someone who continues to talk about our cupcake schedule and yet has never beat us. Chances are my son will walk off the football field for the last time sometime late this fall. When he does he will be part of the winningest class to ever come through our county. They could also leave as three time district champs. No, he will not leave with four rings like some Highland players but he will have made memories and learned lessons that will last a lifetime. We will play our schedule and yet again try to make a run in the playoffs. If our boys keep working hard and leave it all on the field...I will be just fine with that. I apologize to the Rock fans for these post on your thread! You guys have a great tradition and I expect you to get things headed in the right direction this year.