•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
Stoops keeps on bring in the horses!! Can't wait till its time to saddle them up and watch um run wild in the sec!!!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:There is apparently mutual interest between UK & 4* OLB Shaun Dion Hamilton from Montgomery, AL.

This would be a HUGE get!!! Stoops has got 2 DB's for his pass defense, now if he can land Hatcher & Hamilton the run defense will be set.Confusedinglepar:popcorn:
Hamilton is a junior but he is scheduled to graduate in Dec.'13
redhound93 Wrote:Hamilton is a junior but he is scheduled to graduate in Dec.'13

Rivals has him listed in with the class of 2013 but you are correct he doesn't graduate until this December. Well none the less, UK has interest & has offered him.
Kemp set to announce school choice this week
Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

The moment of truth is almost here for JoJo Kemp. It's safe to say the Wildcats are paying close attention.

That much is clear. Kentucky running backs coach Chad Scott and offensive coordinator Neal Brown will have another in-home visit with the Deland (Fla.) all-purpose back this week.

Not before West Virginia. The Mountaineers have an in-home scheduled with Kemp for Monday. South Florida's in-home should be just after UK's.

Each of those three schools, plus Pitt, has made it this far as a finalist. Kemp visited South Florida, the local option, over the weekend.

"It went all right," Kemp said. "It went good. My mom and dad were having a good time while they were there. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and I liked that."

But will location become a bigger draw as Kemp's decision date draws nearer?

"No, that doesn't play into it at all," Kemp said.

Good thing for UK, West Virginia and Pitt. It could also be a good sign for those schools that the Bulls accepted a commitment from another Florida running back, Stafon McCray, who was once on the UK radar.

Kemp, the No. 10 all-purpose back in the nation, said the decision has already pretty much been made. Kemp knows where he wants to go to school.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know," he said. "I'm probably going to make my decision either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Sometime within that period."

Kemp is the only running back Kentucky is currently recruiting and there do not appear to be any back-up options.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465745
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
After Montgomery's commitment, Janarion Grant has committed to Rutgers & is no longer interested in UK.
Hearing there may be some recruiting news later this afternoon, thinking some OV news for this weekend.

Narcarius Fant 2014 Bowling Green WR will visit UK the same weekend as Conner WR/DB Cameron Fogle. Maybe they can get Barker & Mikel Horton to join them.
Despite showing late mutual interest, Daryl Chestnut is visiting WVU this weekend after visiting Indiana & Western Michigan in the last couple of weekends. Looks like UK is out of his sweepstakes.

Good luck to him, looking likely to be a WVU commit.

Maurice Swain is visiting San Diego State today before heading to UK this weekend. He has also visited Washington & Indiana. I like our chances with Swain.
Jeff Badet not visiting UCLA this weekend, c'mon down Mr. Badet. Oh yeah bring that Elite 11 fella with you.
Ryan Timmons to announce next Tuesday at 1 PM. UK, OSU, UF
Jeff Badet ‏@jbadet_4
Not visiting UCLA this weekend.

BM6 ‏@Bmcclain6
@jbadet_4 already know #bbn lets go lol

Jojo Kemp ‏@J_Kemp4
@Bmcclain6 text me bro

BM6 ‏@Bmcclain6
If my two dawgs commit do I hear a #ukdreamteam 2013

Josh Edwards ‏@JEdwar247
Things are about to get incredible...

Stoops visiting sophomore Madison Southern RB Damien Harris
Stoops needs to go after Damien Harris hard.
Did Hatcher re-commit to USC?
redhound93 Wrote:Did Hatcher re-commit to USC?

Hearing it's not true. Kiffen is spewing lies.....or he's just pissed that he lost a recruit to UK!!
According to his mom it's true. This coming from RowlandRIVALS.......BUT he doesn't have anything about Southern Cal on his twitter page so who knows.
Strikeout King Wrote:According to his mom it's true. This coming from RowlandRIVALS.......BUT he doesn't have anything about Southern Cal on his twitter page so who knows.

Oh wow that's a shot in the arm. Rivals has Hatcher recommitted to USC. :HitWall:

UK has offered 2014 WR Kendrick Hollard from Winter Haven, FL.
I was just told, not a chance yet but Rivals does have him committed to USC....I don't get this at all....You de-committ from a school because of the distance to only re-commit to them a week later? His interest must have skyrocketed today because this morning he had very low interest in USC.....
Strikeout King Wrote:I was just told, not a chance yet but Rivals does have him committed to USC....I don't get this at all....You de-committ from a school because of the distance to only re-commit to them a week later? His interest must have skyrocketed today because this morning he had very low interest in USC.....

Sounds fishy to me. With Kiffin involved he probably promised his parent's airline tixs & hotel to watch him play
I was really hoping to get Hatcher.
redhound93 Wrote:Sounds fishy to me. With Kiffin involved he probably promised his parent's airline tixs & hotel to watch him play

Anything that kiffin does is fishy! :eyeroll: I'm sure there is something going on and it's not on the up and up if kiffin has anything to do with it.
I was told that his mom said that to get USC off his back so he could actually have time to think about where he wants to go so she told them that he had re-committed to USC so we'll just have to wait and see on NSD.
Mark Stoops and DJ Eliot are at Louisville Trinity as we speak.
Bravo to Stoops, for getting back in the saddle.

It appears UK target DB David Kamara is likely to join teammate, & #1 player in the nation at Ole Miss Robert Nkemdiche
I'd love to see the cats snipe a safety from Florida. They have 3 in this class which doesn't leave room for the one left out. I'd love to see them sneak in and get Marcell Harris. I know he's a UF legacy but wow the kid is great and he's a great kid. I had the pleasure of coaching him a couple of years ago and you won't find too many kids better than him.
Feb. 6 is not getting here fast enough. :HitWall:
Heard that Nebraska RB Braylon Heard is transferring, he is interested in Kentucky.
launchpad4 Wrote:I'd love to see the cats snipe a safety from Florida. They have 3 in this class which doesn't leave room for the one left out. I'd love to see them sneak in and get Marcell Harris. I know he's a UF legacy but wow the kid is great and he's a great kid. I had the pleasure of coaching him a couple of years ago and you won't find too many kids better than him.

No offense & I'm sure he'd be a great pick up like you said though he's UF legacy. I think if Stoops picks up another safety in this class it's MacKenro Alexander, so we can get his brother MacKenzie & possibly Deadrin Senat.

J-Rod Wrote:Heard that Nebraska RB Braylon Heard is transferring, he is interested in Kentucky.

That'd be a huge pick up. He's of the Cardinal Mooney family, & was recruited to Nebraska by Marrow. He was a 4* back in 2010.

Stoops has put on the full-court press on Hatcher, 5 coaches at Trinity today including both coordinators & apparently Derrick Ainsley. Get em' Stoops. Per KSR:
The Blue Blur Wrote:No offense & I'm sure he'd be a great pick up like you said though he's UF legacy. I think if Stoops picks up another safety in this class it's MacKenro Alexander, so we can get his brother MacKenzie & possibly Deadrin Senat.

That'd be a huge pick up. He's of the Cardinal Mooney family, & was recruited to Nebraska by Marrow. He was a 4* back in 2010.

Stoops has put on the full-court press on Hatcher, 5 coaches at Trinity today including both coordinators & apparently Derrick Ainsley. Get em' Stoops. Per KSR:

I'm very happy that Stoops is not backing down from anyone!!!!! If it was Joker trying to land a recruit like this he would be coward in a corner apologizing to Kiffin for trying to flip his recruit.
redhound93 Wrote:I'm very happy that Stoops is not backing down from anyone!!!!! If it was Joker trying to land a recruit like this he would be coward in a corner apologizing to Kiffin for trying to flip his recruit.

You're right but there is one detail you've left out. Joker wouldn't even be trying to flip him. That's why we continually got MAC talent, because playing in the SEC drew those kids rather than playing a chance to play in the Little Caesar's Bowl at Toledo. Joker was a coward. Just like telling Woulard's dad, well I didn't recruit Asiantii at UK because I got friends on the USF staff. Really?? Are you trying to build relationships or trying to win football games??? That's why I think he'll struggle to get a head coaching job again.
Meyers gets to know UK staff, gets set to sign

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

When Ramsey Meyers committed to Kentucky last summer he probably expected to see a different set of coaches than those he interacted with over the weekend.

The circumstances weren't what he envisioned, but the outcome of the trip was exactly what Meyers had hoped for.

"I really enjoyed it," Meyers said. "It was a great, great experience."

It was Meyers' first opportunity to meet with all of the new coaches at once and in person. The highlight of the trip for the 6-foot-3, 290-pound offensive guard from Orange Park (Fla.) Ridgeview?

"Probably trying on the jerseys," he said with a laugh. "That was pretty cool."

In spite of the fact that there were some different faces around Lexington, Meyers said the vibe was the same. So far as he's concerned that was a good thing, as he was obviously motivated to commit over the summer.

"Just meeting the coaches was all good. I still got a good vibe from the school and the coaches. They said they're going to do an Air Raid offense and they're going to have me at guard, still. Right guard. That sounds good to me," he said.

John Schlarman, the Wildcats' new offensive line coach, is someone that Meyers will come to know very well early in his time at UK. He's already got a lot of respect for him as a coach.

He seems like a really good coach," he said. "He's very energetic and said he's looking forward to coaching me."

Meyers, a three-star prospect according to Rivals.com, noted that most other schools have "pretty much backed off" over the last couple of weeks and he plans to sign with UK on Feb. 6.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466180
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next