•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Today is a good day for the #BBN.
Strikeout King Wrote:Keith Kelsey has committed to Louisville.

Alex Montgomery to announce sometime today...

I was told something about Jojo Kemp. RB Stafon McCray, chose USF and had this to say "Kentucky has their Running Back. They didn't want me anymore." So take it as you want..

Good luck to Kelsey & McCray.

McCray seen the writing on the wall thus his increased interest in USF. He knew even if we don't get Kemp he wasn't someone that Stoops was really interested in. Got to applaud a kid for manning up & moving on.

Kelsey put on a UK hat & saying he was Wildcat before saying psyche. I'm going to Louisville to be a Card baby. Real classy but good luck to ya kid.
Just seen on twitter that Ryan Timmons will NOT take an unofficial visit to Ohio State this weekend
Strikeout King Wrote:Just seen on twitter that Ryan Timmons will NOT take an unofficial visit to Ohio State this weekend

Timmons isn't visiting OSU, but is visiting Florida.

Hearing Nebraska's in-home visit planned for this week with Marcus McWilson, may have been cancelled.

Via UK's student-recruiting liason, Lance Reed BBN should have good news around 1ish. Stay tuned....
Nothing was ever said about Florida

It's 1ish now, hurry up!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Nothing was ever said about Florida

It's 1ish now, hurry up!!!

Honestly, I think it's Alexander Montgomery. Which I'm indifferent about.
If we get Montgomery does this hurt our chances with Timmons?
Ohio State (Urban Meyer & Tom Hinton) and Illinois are visiting Ryan Timmons on Wednesday
Strikeout King Wrote:If we get Montgomery does this hurt our chances with Timmons?

I'm not sure but I'd much rather have Timmons.

I thought Montgomery was just a product of a package deal with Boaz Joesph. Which seems to be a ploy Stoops tries to work, if we get this guy we can get this guy. Thus now that Boaz has committed to Nebraska & Montgomery is looking at 3 different schools, they don't seem to be a package deal, which makes Montgomery less of a priority.

Like with Woulard & Badet, I thought they were a package deal & they still may be to UCLA. However, I'm hearing Woulard is down to Clemson & UCLA. Badet is down to UK & UCLA. I would think if we don't get Woulard, Badet is less of a priority.

At WR, I think Timmons is the must get guy. He's an in-state guy, & we need him. The rest I don't feel are a need. I mean sure if we get a Taj Williams or Ra'Shaad Samples, yeah that's great but Timmons is the need.
Alex Montgomery is a Cat

Alexander Montgomery ‏@IjustWannadoME I made my decision and I'm going to Kentucky #BBN WELCOME
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Alex Montgomery is committed to #Kentucky. And that's not the only good news #BBN is getting today. Only getting started!
I was indifferent more so about Montgomery due to the options we still have out there at WR. We need to land two of the 3 out of Samples, Timmons, & Badet.

From what I'm hearing, we'll get another commitment later today.

Stoops vs. Strong in recruiting wars, Stoops is up 3-2. He has landed Meadows, Hytchye, & Montgomery while Strong has landed Kelsey & Quick.
who is the other committment?
Strikeout King Wrote:who is the other committment?

Have no clue???
Rivals.com is reporting that McWilson has committed to Kentucky
Marcus McWilson ‏@MMcWilson4 Committed to Kentucky!
Rivals has Kentucky at 52
Big get maybe the rest of the dominoes will start to fall now.
Three-star wide receiver Montgomery picks UK

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Alex Montgomery announced Monday via Twitter that he has committed to Kentucky, turning down offers from his other finalists, Louisville and UCF.

Montgomery had emerged as one of Kentucky's most important recruiting targets, not only because of his talent but because wide receiver was widely viewed as such a position of need for the Wildcats.

He took his official visit to Lexington just more than a week ago and followed that up with a trip to Louisville over the weekend. Ultimately, the selling points of playing time, UK's new Air Raid offense and his comfort-level on the UK campus won the day.

Montgomery is Kentucky's second wide receiver commit under head coach Mark Stoops. He gained national recognition on ESPN's signature program SportsCenter earlier this year for remarkable catches in made in the state championship game in the state of Florida.

He was committed to Wake Forest at one point earlier in the process but opened things back up when he saw increased attention.

Ranked the No. 51 wide receiver in the nation by Rivals.com, Montgomery is rated a 5.7 three-star prospect, meaning he's on the cusp of a four-star ranking.

Other wide receiver targets remaining for UK include Ryan Timmons, Jeff Badet and Oklahoma State verbal commitment Ra'Shaad Samples.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465490
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
McWilson changes pledge from Nebraska to Kentucky

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Marcus McWilson finally made it official on Monday. The former Nebraska pledge opened things back up after his official visit to Kentucky this weekend and made his final choice after talking with his family.

Mark Stoops is probably a happy man.

McWilson, a four-star safety from Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney, verbally committed to Kentucky on Monday afternoon, ending weeks of speculation and confirming rumors that indicated he would make the switch.

"I've committed to Kentucky," McWilson told CatsIllustrated.com. "I talked to the coaches and looked everything over with my parents and it just seemed like a better fit. I was leaning to Kentucky after my visit. I got back yesterday around 6:45 or 7 o'clock and I was able to sit down with my mom and dad and coach. I looked everything over, the pros and cons between each school [Kentucky and Nebraska]. In the end I thought Kentucky was a better fit for me and my family."

McWilson had plenty to say when it came to why he felt UK was the better fit.

"The distance is definitely nice when your family can come and see your games," he said. "The SEC was definitely a plus. Being able to play against the best competition out there is great. I want to beat the best so I've got to play against the best to do that. I know they didn't do great last year but they've got new coaches and it's time for them to come up. I'm glad I get to be a part of that."

The coaches had a lot to do with his decision. Tight ends coach Vince Marrow was his primary recruiter and Stoops was important in his choice as well.

"Coach Stoops is a great guy, a great coach," McWilson said. "We made a connection there. There are great people at either place. Comfort was another bit thing. I'll get a good education and will feel comfortable there."

The four-star recruit said Nebraska's coaches weren't happy with his decision but he respects them. He said it wasn't easy to make the switch.

"It was kinda tough," he said. "With that being said I'm not going there anymore. I had been committed to them for quite a while and in the end it came to me de-committing. The coaches weren't the happiest but they have to respect my decision.

"Other people are gonna hate you and call you a scumbag over Twitter even though they really don't know you. I'll say thank you to those that wished me well but you've got to let the haters hate. I would say anybody has to make sure you make the best decision for you."

McWilson is Kentucky's second four-star recruit under Stoops. Junior college defensive end Za'Darius Smith, who is already enrolled, was the first.

His is Kentucky's ninth commitment under Mark Stoops. Five of those nine commitments are rated 5.7's or higher on the Rivals' ranking scale.

The 6-foot, 196-pound safety is ranked the No. 196 prospect in the nation by Rivals.com. He is the first Rivals250 prospect to verbally commit to Kentucky since safety Glenn Faulkner signed with UK in 2011.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465522
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you again, LeeCoUKFan for posting these. It's much appreciated.
I would love to see them got Kemp, Hatcher and Samples.

I'd like to see Dawkins become a Cat as well.
FBALL Wrote:I would love to see them got Kemp, Hatcher and Samples.

I'd like to see Dawkins become a Cat as well.

I would love to see Dawkins in UK blue as well but, Stoops has not extended him an offer and unfortunately, I don't think he is going to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was taking a look at Rashaad Samples' twitter account and after seeing this it has to be good for Kentucky. At one point he had several pictures from his official visits that he had taken but now, this is the only picture remaining on his account.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAbGJZwCMAE1O0k.jpg:large]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 4 star Trinity DE Jason Hatcher tells Courier Journal he is not visiting Louisville this week. We told you not to sleep on it...

Blur remember what I told you about 3 days or so ago..looks like it's happening...
Matt Jones @KySportsRadio 4 star Trinity DE Jason Hatcher tells Courier Journal he is not visiting Louisville this week. We told you not to sleep on it...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 4 star Trinity DE Jason Hatcher tells Courier Journal he is not visiting Louisville this week. We told you not to sleep on it...

Blur remember what I told you about 3 days or so ago..looks like it's happening...

Not visiting Florida, not visiting UofL. Think he'll & Hytchye will team up & be on campus again this weekend. LOL. If he's not visiting UofL or Florida. I feel confident. I would've never dreamed it, especially for a guy who ripped UT for getting beat by UK. C'mon down Mr. Hatcher, be a hero.
I never thought in my wildest dreams we could do this good recruiting.
Woo-hoo Go Cats!!!!
There is apparently mutual interest between UK & 4* OLB Shaun Dion Hamilton from Montgomery, AL.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next