•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bell County Bobcats
PRIDE101 Wrote:Just wondering if any more of the TN. kids were coming in or Pineville students and if Jackson County was sending any more over. I hear the super is trying to get the Pineville kids by ending the student agreement with them. So your telling me things are going as usual. Well good.

No kids from Tn., we have not had any since the enacted the tuition fee for out of state about 12 years ago. So that is a NO. We have had a couple pay the fee but none last year or this as it looks.

Pineville actually has a number of Bell kids. If you look at the starting 5 on the Basketball team 3 of the 5 are county kids. That is the reason for the agreement change coming. Bell is losing 100k+ every year to pineville Because they allow free movement. Look around it is happening everywhere with the finances being the way it is. Wayne Co. and Monticello. Breathit and Jackson City just to name a few.

Nice try.
Really 12 years....Carter was not from there? I heard the coaches gave him rides to TN. Gray kids not from there...The list goes on and on....nice try

Was not complaining when you were getting them from Pineville , nor was Pineville....Madon, Carlton, even one of there employee from Pineville school son, name escapes me, played outside LB.. Mills. The list goes on and on. That was ok. Sounds just a little hypocritical.
I gave Carter many rides home, to Middlesboro. As for the others, they were county kids that played for Bell since the 6th grade. They were not "recruited". They just wanted to come somewhere they had a chance to win a Championship, and they did. A winning tradition does it's own recruiting. :Thumbs:
Does anyone know our schedule? Can someone post that please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswertheBell Wrote:Does anyone know our schedule? Can someone post that please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen it but ill bet is no where near as tough as Knox Centrals or Harlan county's
Here comes that "bash Bell cause they took our coach" stuff again.
I believe Bell is playing in the Ihigh again arent they? Did they get Lex Cath back on the schedule?
I know they'll play Knox, Whitley, Middlesboro and Harlan County outside of district. I believe they'll also play Clay again.

Then they have Corbin, Mccreary County, Casey County and Wayne County in district.

I expect it will look something like this....

Lex Cath (Home) ?
Ihigh Frenzy (Away)?
Mboro Away
Whitley Away
Wayne Away
Casey Home
Clay Away ?
Corbin Home
Mccraery Away
Harlan County Home

I put a question mark beside the ones im not sure about, but the rest are positives.
With the schedule the way i have it, Bell would have 4 home and 6 away, so i wouldnt be surprised to see them get out of the ihigh or Clay game so they can get another home game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I believe Bell is playing in the Ihigh again arent they? Did they get Lex Cath back on the schedule?
I know they'll play Knox, Whitley, Middlesboro and Harlan County outside of district. I believe they'll also play Clay again.

Then they have Corbin, Mccreary County, Casey County and Wayne County in district.

I expect it will look something like this....

Lex Cath (Home) ?
Ihigh Frenzy (Away)?
Mboro Away
Whitley Away
Wayne Away
Casey Home
Clay Away ?
Corbin Home
Mccraery Away
Harlan County Home

I put a question mark beside the ones im not sure about, but the rest are positives.
With the schedule the way i have it, Bell would have 4 home and 6 away, so i wouldnt be surprised to see them get out of the ihigh or Clay game so they can get another home game.

There is no more ihigh bowl. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure there is no more ihigh in general.
panther nation Wrote:I haven't seen it but ill bet is no where near as tough as Knox Centrals or Harlan county's

Bell:
Lex. Cath
Harlan County
Knox County
Whitley County
Middlesboro
District

Knox:
Atherton @ KC
Pulaski southwestern @ Corbin pigskin
Prestonsburg @ clay co Appalachian bowl
Whitley @ not sure where its at yet
Bell co @ KC
Harlan co @ Harlan co
Corbin @ Corbin
District

WE may get the nod out of district........maybe a wash.
Yogibear Wrote:There is no more ihigh bowl. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure there is no more ihigh in general.

I had heard that, but wasn't sure.
If thats the case, i expect Bells schedule to remain exactly the same except that the Ihigh will be replaced with a home game.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Bell:
Lex. Cath
Harlan County
Knox County
Whitley County
Middlesboro
District

Knox:
Atherton @ KC
Pulaski southwestern @ Corbin pigskin
Prestonsburg @ clay co Appalachian bowl
Whitley @ not sure where its at yet
Bell co @ KC
Harlan co @ Harlan co
Corbin @ Corbin
District

WE may get the nod out of district........maybe a wash.

You may get the nod.......because we are much better than you. Bell hurts our strength of schedule. Lol
PRIDE101 Wrote:You may get the nod.......because we are much better than you. Bell hurts our strength of schedule. Lol

Schedule not as good as it may seem. No need in an discussion on it.
Heard they are playing south Pittsburg tn. They have been in state championship 4 out of 5 years. Not sure what week. I know they are also trying to get breathit to play.
Again..can someone post our schedule. Who will be the city/county ? Will Lexington Catholic be that game this year? Is Clay still on the schedule? Looked up South Pitt. Great team . Long way to travel.

Just post it please.
No City County Bowl. South Pitt will take LexCath's place on schedule. Marion Co. bowl instead of City County in week 1.

Whitley, Harlan Co., Middlesboro and Knox will be other non-district games. Bell will be young but will not back down from anyone.
Great schedule. This South Pitt team is much better than people think. Why no City County Bowl? Thanks for the schedule it is a very good one. It is as good or even better than Knox.....Harlan County does have the best of the 3. Overall all three have very good schedules .
South Pitt is a very good program. They are a smaller school, 1A I think... they are comparable to a Mayfield or NewCath by KY standards. FWIW, it looks like the team who beat them in the 2nd Round by one point wound up finishing as State Champs this year.

Is this a home and home? Decent little drive as South Pittsburg is outside of Chattanooga near the Alabama/GA line.
Pulled up there website. There coach resigned and took the AD job. Grinder I think his name was. Returning a good team in 2013. Single A school, but like you say very good. As good as Mayfield and NewCath maybe not..but good. Again, why no city county bowl? That was a great atmosphere. We all got a chance to see the local teams play.
The City / County Bowl is a touchy situation with a lot of folks from Middlesboro and Bell. We will probably never here the truth...not on this board.
Bottom line teams that would play 1 of the teams would not play the other. Both teams would have loved to continue it but things didn't work out.
Not true. Not what really happened. But both really wanted this to continue.
The hardest thing to do is have a Bowl game with two schools and them being at the opposite end of the spectrum. Never can agree on teams t.o play, because one is to strong and the other is to weak..
Bell Co. and Harlan Co. should put a bowl game together or Bell Co. and Knox Central
This is not a slam on anyone school. It hard for one school to commit on a game and then add two schools agree on games. Very tough job.
I agree Bowl games are hard. People hear Bell and a lot of schools will not play. This wasn't the case this time. Middlesboro agreed to play who ever Bell played. That was settled early. So strong and weak had nothing to do with it. No offense taken. They had Knoxville Central and Grant County in the Bowl. Knoxville Central had to back out due to their county schools and that left them scrambling. None of the other schools wanted to come to the Bowl two years in a row. Not enough money laid out. They waited to late to get started on scheduling. It was no ones fault , but unfortunate. There were a few other things that happened during that time, that don't need to be put on the board...and had nothing to do with the coaches, just the teams that were called. Relationships remain good between the schools and they will play week 3. Hopefully, the Bowl will come back in the future, our communities need it.
Redstorm..anyone that really keeps up with football in this area knows that this year, would be the year, that you would want to play Bell ..they lost everything. That is why I wish we could have played them the last two years. When we beat them this year most will say they are rebuilding. People should have lined up for that Bowl. Could have beat them.
FlippedOut Wrote:I agree Bowl games are hard. People hear Bell and a lot of schools will not play. This wasn't the case this time. Middlesboro agreed to play who ever Bell played. That was settled early. So strong and weak had nothing to do with it. No offense taken. They had Knoxville Central and Grant County in the Bowl. Knoxville Central had to back out due to their county schools and that left them scrambling. None of the other schools wanted to come to the Bowl two years in a row. Not enough money laid out. They waited to late to get started on scheduling. It was no ones fault , but unfortunate. There were a few other things that happened during that time, that don't need to be put on the board...and had nothing to do with the coaches, just the teams that were called. Relationships remain good between the schools and they will play week 3. Hopefully, the Bowl will come back in the future, our communities need it.

Ive always said the City County bowl should be Bell Vs. Mboro and Corbin Vs. Whitley. Rotate the site to each school. Each class will get one chance at home and the gate money off that would be ridicolous. It also means it would be a true City/County Bowl. If Corbin wasnt in the same district as Bell, you might even be able to rotate it every year. For it to be a City/County Bowl, i dont see a better option. Might even want to hold it as rotated sites between Cumberlands and Union every year.
Just a thought.
FlippedOut Wrote:I agree Bowl games are hard. People hear Bell and a lot of schools will not play. This wasn't the case this time. Middlesboro agreed to play who ever Bell played. That was settled early. So strong and weak had nothing to do with it. No offense taken. They had Knoxville Central and Grant County in the Bowl. Knoxville Central had to back out due to their county schools and that left them scrambling. None of the other schools wanted to come to the Bowl two years in a row. Not enough money laid out. They waited to late to get started on scheduling. It was no ones fault , but unfortunate. There were a few other things that happened during that time, that don't need to be put on the board...and had nothing to do with the coaches, just the teams that were called. Relationships remain good between the schools and they will play week 3. Hopefully, the Bowl will come back in the future, our communities need it.
They only pay teams a few pennies to come play. That means you give up a year of a home game where you could make more money at your own gate than you could in their bowl game in two years.
redstorm Wrote:The hardest thing to do is have a Bowl game with two schools and them being at the opposite end of the spectrum. Never can agree on teams t.o play, because one is to strong and the other is to weak..
Bell Co. and Harlan Co. should put a bowl game together or Bell Co. and Knox Central

I agree!!! Payout was very competive with other bowls. I know 1 school in laurel co was offered 3k+ accepted then backed out.
I don't agree!!!!!!!!! We will leave it at that.
Seems its all about being greedy over the money. To much "business" involved.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next