Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama 59 - Kentucky 55
Final
Zaga could probably officiate better than these Guys. 3 possessions out on Alabama and called there way. Noel was rode all night. Alabama got rough on one end and refs called it tight on the other.

If I was the Alabama players I would have the ref in my huddle to .

As for the team. Goodwin needs to be benched.
I hard blaming the refs for any loss and I won't in this one either but those guys were really bad. Inconsistent gaurd play and Poythross fouling out were killers.
Goodwin kept them in it and shoos have been shooting free throws on two of the last three possessions.
the tale of 2 halfs,Goodwin back to his crazy shots,and don't know why they went away from giving the ball to Kyle down low...
I do not post often and I am a hard core KY fan. I keep,thinking this group would come around. I give up after tonight. It will be pay back all year long in the SEC and we will just have to stomach it.

I came to the conclusion tonight that the teams that beat us are just better. We have no offense and are just not very good and their is not much coach Cal can do.
Vaughts' Views ‏@vaughtsviews Truth RT @wildcatnews: Bad, bad loss tonight f at hands of Bama. Barring a split with Fla & wins over Ole Miss or Mizzou, UK headed to NIT.
Face it guys. This recruiting class was ranked way to high. No NBA guys here right now. Goodwin is not a smart player at all and Poythrys is soft.
Hello NIT...

Latest draft stock from NBAdraft.net

4. Nerlens Noel to Phoenix
9. Willie Cauley-Stein to Sacramento
14. Archie Goodwin to Charlotte

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
If Goodwin is the 14th pick in this draft, then we will know for sure that this is the weakest draft class in 10 years. That or one team is crazy.
The kid, IMO, will leave this year, but should stay until atleast his junior year. WCS is good, but no top 10 draft pick, Noel has potential, but as of now, would get dominated in the NBA.

I was holding on by a thread and now im for sure.....NIT.
^ this will be the weakest draft class in a long time. It's gotten weaker by the year since Wall was the 1st pick
IMO Goodwin is killing this team. He is not a good basketball player. He can't shoot, can't handle the ball very well, can't pass very well and can't make a layup let alone a left handed one. I will never understand why Cal wld CALL plays for him at the end of the game??????? I wish Jon Hood would get to play more I know he can make 3's. If Goodwin hits any kinf of shot it was LUCK. I can't say anything bad about Wiltjer. He been good on both ends of the floor. Harrow couldn't throw a decent pass or he would have got a few open 3's in the second half.
For the first 3 minutes of the game Goodwin didn't touch the ball ball. And the team looked pretty good. Then here comes the nutty play. And my starts looking bad again
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
My question is why do we give the ball to goodwin at the end of the game? Should have kept feeding wiltjer. I didnt think they could guard him!!!
Goodwin may be the most talented worst ball player I have ever seen. If that makes any sense. He doesn't understand how to play the game. He's selfish and he doesn't pass the ball well at all. I think he is killing the team. I would bring him off the bench until he could get him under control and bench him everytime he plays out of control. He's like a new puppy you got to train this guy or he will never get it.
Goodwin is out of control on the floor,takes crazy shots and is selfish. Why did they stop getting Kyle the ball in second half? Offense did nothing second half. This team is frustrating because you never know what you are going to get game to game or even half to half. The had a pretty good lead last night and like many times this year just do not know how to put a team away. I have not given up on this team but just do not know if they are going to come around or not.
Goodwin is out of control, and doesn't try to involve his teammates in any way. Hopefully he can at least fake not being selfish for the rest of the year, then leave.

Also, I LOVE Polson, but if he's averaging 15-20 mins a game, that says a lot about our team. We are an average team. But we shouldn't turn our backs on them, just cheer harder and hope something clicks!
I missed this game last night. I think I'm glad I missed it!
I too thought the refs where terrible in this game, but by no means caused the Cats to lose the game.
The refs where bad!!! Question is where do we go from here as a team?
Curveball 24 Wrote:The refs where bad!!! Question is where do we go from here as a team?
Looks like NIT is best this group can hope for!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Zaga could probably officiate better than these Guys. 3 possessions out on Alabama and called there way. Noel was rode all night. Alabama got rough on one end and refs called it tight on the other.

If I was the Alabama players I would have the ref in my huddle to .

As for the team. Goodwin needs to be benched.

If you've ever seen me call...
you would disagree lol
They said last night that we were most likely a 10 seed going into the game and Bama was out of the mix.
GAWDDDDDD WE SUCKED LAST NIGHT. The refs sucked too but this game should have been a 10-15 point win for us, we have to learn when to step on the throat and go for the kill instead of screwing around and getting beat.
Archie Bunker had better basketball skills than Archie Goodwin! AP gets threw in with Goodwin but take a look at his stats! I would like to see Cal get more shots for AP. AP is a good shooter and a good free throw shooter. If Cal would bench Goodwin, run the offense threw Kyle Wiltjer this years team would be much better!
Wiltjer may be the softest kid ive ever watched.
Ill take polson over harrow
He's to lose with the ball and can only hit a wise open lay up. Kyle wiltjer is still the man on offense and Noel is the man on defense. Harrow is the cancer of this team!!
The crazy thing is that Noel could break Anthony Davis block record if he was playing on last years team!!!
^ Anthony Davis could break last years record if he played on this years team, because this years team lets everyone drive to the lane! Last year we at least had some semblance of defense that didn't let every offensive player on the other team drive past them.
Can't stand to see an immensely talented player like Goodwin make bad decision after bad decision. This team is tough to watch right now.