Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Players In The 14th Region 1/11/13
Who is the top 10 best players in the 14th region? We've seen them play, so who's the 10 best?
In no particular order...

Hunter Hardy (Hazard)
Chris Hudson (Hazard)
Cameron Justice (Knott)
Braxton Beverly (Perry)
Justin Johnson (Perry)
Dylan Kincer (letcher) The most under used player in the 14th
Cody Gregory (letcher)
Richard Trent (Breathitt) All out athlete
Warren (Cordia)
Simon Christian (Knott)

I didn't put Josh Hollan on here because he isn't playing at the moment but he deserves to be on this list if he is playing.
Good list, how can you leave Hall (Knott) and Cornett (PCC) off the list? If you put Gregory from Letcher and Christian from Knott you definitely have to put him.And would probably put Thompson ahead of Hardy for Hazard. IMO
now let's put them in order??
1. Justice(Kcc)
2. Johnson(pcc)
3. Hudson(Haz)
4. Beverly(pcc)
5. Kincer(Lcc)
6. Cornett(pcc)
7. Warren(cordia)
8. Trent(breathitt)
9. Hall (KCC)
10.Thompson (Haz)
Trent looked more like a role player to me. I thought Noble and Hamilton were Breathitt's best players.
Thompson looked like Hazard's best player in the game I saw. Hudson also has impressive skills.
Justice
Johnson
Beverly
Hollan
Thompson
Noble
Hamilton
Hudson
Cornett
Hall
Here is my list:
Justice
Johnson
Beverly
Hollan
Cornett
Hudson
Hall
Noble
Gregory
Hamilton
I may be biased but I think Arlin Couch(quick as lightning) and Austin Sizemore(one of the better shooters in the region) are both underrated and would play if not start on every team in the region.

Also, Tagalou(sp?) from Cordia, Wells/Olinger/Whitaker from Hazard, Allen from Owsley, Evans from Lee, Owens at Letcher, Estep from Buckhorn, just to name a few, are also nice players that rarely get mentioned. Some of them don't have to score a ton to effect the outcome of a game
HDE Wrote:Trent looked more like a role player to me. I thought Noble and Hamilton were Breathitt's best players.

This^^^. Richard is a good player, hustles, solid all around but Noble and Hamilton are the two best players on the team. Hamilton can be streaky at times but when he is playing well he is as good as anyone in the region with the exception of Justice.
#1 - Braxton Beverly - PCC
#2 - Cam Justice - KCC
#3 - Justin Johnson - PCC
#4 - Chris Hudson - HHS
#5 - Dalton Cornett - PCC
#6 - Evan Hall - KCC
#7 - Gregory - LCC
#8 - Olinger - HHS
#9 - Noble - Breathitt
#10 - Hamilton - Breathitt

Hazard has a lot of players that would by on my top 20 list. Thats what makes them so good. Breathitt has some other good players. Knott has a bunch of sophomores that are real good. Not real familiar with Powell, Wolfe, Estill. Im sure there are plenty more excellent players. Strong group of players in the region this year. If I had to pick one guy though, I'd want Beverly. If you cant get it up the floor, you cant score. Braxton can handle the Rock.
I like these threads, I like to see everyones opinions about players....

The 14th region has a lot of good players right now...

1 - Camron Justice (Knott Central)
2 - Braxton Beverly (Perry Central)
3 - Justin Johnson (Perry Central)
4 - Josh Hollan (Hazard)
5 - Chris Hudson (Hazard)

I couldn't order the next group or pick 5, so I'll just give a shout out to players that could make my 6-10...

In No order

Cornett (Perry Central)
Olinger (Hazard)
Thompson (Hazard)
Hall (Knott Central)
Christian (Knott Central)
Warren (Cordia)
Gregory (Letcher Central)
Noble (Breathitt County)
Hamilton (Breathitt County)
Hoskins (Buckhorn)

All these players could be in my top 10 in any order...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKFF,
You dont need any brownie points with Shannon Hoskins do you? Conner is good but a top 15 player in the Region? Just curious to as why you think so?
1.Cam Justice-KCC
2.Justin Johnson-PCC
3.Braxton Beverly-PCC
4.Dondre Warren-CHS(Has had numerous double-doubles, also two 20-20 games and 1 triple double)
5.Chris Hudson-HHS
6.Evan Hall-KCC
7.Wes Noble-BCHS
8.Dalton Cornett-PCC
9.Jordan Olinger-HHS
10. Anthony Tagaloa-CHS

Owootoah(Cordia), and Hollan(Hazard) would be on my list but one still inactive and other still ineligible. Owootah would take Beverlys spot and i know it might sound biased but he will be the top pg in the region when eligible. Kid can flat out play and make everyone around him better.
^ When will he be eligible?
^
The_Rock Wrote:EKFF,
You dont need any brownie points with Shannon Hoskins do you? Conner is good but a top 15 player in the Region? Just curious to as why you think so?

Just want to give me a shout out, very good young player... And since Hunter Hardy (Hazard) is only shooting like 20% from 3, I had to put a 3 point shooter on there..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1. Justice (KCC) - In only his Soph. year already scored 62 & 55 Points
2. Owootoah (Cordia) - Watched his season Debut this kid is the real deal
3. Beverly (PCC) - Everyone knows hes a true point guard
4. Johnson (PCC) - Great big man
5. Hollan (Harzard) - Haven't seen him play but I heard this kid can play some ball
6. Warren (Cordia) - Double Double Machine
7. Hudson (Harzard) - Strong Post player and help his team out alot
8. Lynch (JBS) - Seen him play against Harlan. He can play some ball had 35.
9. Corrnett (PCC)- Could be better the Johnson but he's inconsist
10. Tagaloa (Cordia) - Not much of a driver but he can shoot the ball very well and smart

I only put these players up because they're the only one's I seen so far !