Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 55 - Betsy Layne 44
Final from PCC.

KCC vs. Breathitt Friday at 6:30
A win is a win, but Knott played very sloppy and had a lot of unforced turnovers. They cruised most of the game leading by double digits but they just didnt seem to have their A game tonight. Look for them to come out Friday ready to play against a solid Breathitt team.
knott has no had their A game since they came back from Lexington. They are right now struggling big times. I dont know what is going o but they are not clicking as a team right now.
Ugly ballgame..
Seems to me they over looked the Bobcats just a smidge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ Possibly. It was a poorly played game on both parts. BL stayed within 10-12 most of the game. Knott had it up two 20 with a couple mins left.
Knott has been in a slump since their return from the Republic Bank Classic. It happens. Better now than in March. Their level of competition will increase in the next few days. Maybe that will bring them out of it. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Cameron Justice led his team in scoring in this one, but he played a really sloppy game as well.
I kept stats at this one and if I remember correctly he was about 33% from the field and had around 8 or 9 turnovers.

The JBS offense really killed Betsy Layne. You can't initiate your offense at the hash mark and that is what the Patriots forced them to do. I think the extra attention to Justice really opened up some good looks down low for Hall, Cornett and Christian. Pats finished the game over 50% from the field
^ Of course my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm not that good at basketball.

:problem:
Any stats?
Here is the scoring

No. 1 Knott Central (55) - Camron Justice 16, Evan Hall 10, Simon Christon 9, Cory Short 8, Chance Cornett 5, Blake Shrum 4, Chance Little 3

No. 10 Betsy Layne (44) - Peyton Case 18, Dalton Maldonado 8, Garran Newsome 6, Dylan Hamilton 5, LaKo Daniels 3, Dylan Meade 2, Andrew Tackett 2
ATTENTION: BGR MEMBERS

While reading this thread or any other basketball thread please refrain from believing anything that Zaga Fan post. According to my sources, he has no organized basketball playing experience at the high school level.
What all this means is without the proper basketball experience Zaga Fan's basketball knowledge should be given no credibility nor should he be able to discuss anything basketball related. All I ask is everyone be easy on him, he just wants to fit in.

^I played ball k-12(emmalena,Cordia). And would I had not played in hs I would have still known the game. Maybe not as well but still would have known fundamentals. The only question I would ask zaga is did he ever played organized ball? But personally I've played with zaga and respectivly I can say I have balled with much worse.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^I played ball k-12(emmalena,Cordia). And would I had not played in hs I would have still known the game. Maybe not as well but still would have known fundamentals. The only question I would ask zaga is did he ever played organized ball? But personally I've played with zaga and respectivly I can say I have balled with much worse.

For the record...
I played basketball all the way through grade school and didn't stick with it in High School. I had other things that I was better at and when I was at Perry Central I wouldn't have had a shot at meaningful playing time so I didn't fool with it.

Right now I'm a spectator and a licensed official - but you will never hear me claim to be a "baller".

However, if anyone needs someone to play let me know. If I can't guard anyone we're playing against I'll just injure them.
^Of all people I thought you would know where I was going with that
Downtown10 Wrote:^Of all people I thought you would know where I was going with that

I knew exactly where you were going with it lol

but ole' boy (khsaa12) asked me if I had any experience.
Yes I see that now.
Typical JBS fan, only readin half the post...
Honestly wasn't trying to rip you. And I knew you played for A.B. When I said "If I" I was meaning if anyone was going to judge your ball knowledge I would find out if you played organized ball at all first.Because even a gradeschooler could have knowledge of the game even without pt. I know zaga knows the game and you wont once see me judge that just because of non highschool play.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Honestly wasn't trying to rip you. And I knew you played for A.B. When I said "If I" I was meaning if anyone was going to judge your ball knowledge I would find out if you played organized ball at all first.Because even a gradeschooler could have knowledge of the game even without pt. I know zaga knows the game and you wont once see me judge that just because of non highschool play.

I got ya, baby.

You all can rip me all day long and it won't hurt my feelings anyway Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:^ Of course my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm not that good at basketball.

:problem:

i knew you'd come around. proud of you.