Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comeback Player of the Year?
Who would you vote for?

Adrian Peterson

or

Peyton Manning?

Both have bounced back from injuries and not missed a groove.
Peyton is the best QB to ever play the game IMO, so im not sure hes ever been a comeback.
However, a comeback from an injury has to go to him.
I am torn as to who I would vote for...

For Peterson being a RB coming back from a significant knee injury and tearing up the field this year it seems that he should be the choice.

However, Manning came off his injury after being out a year, joined a new team, and is still putting up numbers as if it was the old Manning.

I think they should share it.
It would be a tradgedy for Adiran Peterson not to win the comeback player of the year and the MVP this season. That many yards rushing after coming back early from a knee injury. I think he will break the all time single season rushing record this season.
They both would be good choices but the numbers AP has put up this year is crazy, after that knee injury and then come back and do what he has done you really have to give it to him.
I say....

Comeback - AP - just because he did it so quick
MVP - Peyton Manning

Even if AP breaks the rushing yard record I still think Manning is the MVP, remember last year Brees broke the passing yards record and didn't win MVP.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AP, no doubt.
Lol. Manning plays on a great team. Balanced on offense.

AP has a qb that only completed 2 passes to wide receivers against the packers. He sees a completely stacked line and still dominates. He is clearly the MVP.
What about Arian Foster, tore his ACL last year, came back and is the leading rusher in the NFL if I'm not mistaken.
I honestly don't think there would be a wrong choice on this. I would agree with a previous poster that AP would definitely deserve the MVP award because of his super-human play this year.

The reason I would give the comeback player of the year award to Manning is because of the age factor on injuries. Arian Foster is 26, and Adrian Peterson 27. While that is probably considered middle-aged for the runningback position, because they are fairly young the injury would not be as devestating as if it happened around in the 30-32 age range. Manning turns 37 this March. At his age, a season-ending injury usually means the end of a career, not just the end of a season. He bounced back and is having a career year, throwing once again for over 4,000 yards and at a percentage of 67.9%, the second highest regular season percentage completion in his career. He has thrown for 31 touchdowns, and the most touchdowns he has scored passing in the regular season, other than his monster 49 TD season in 2004, was 33. He also has thrown ten interceptions at the moment, only one more than his low of 9 in 2006, and has 0 fumbles.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if AP or Foster won the Comeback Player of the Year award. They are both great players, and just because they are younger it doesn't mean that they didn't put forth the effort in on and off the field and through therapy to continue being the best in the game today at their positions. I just think that the injury would have a bigger impact on Manning because of his age.
Adrian Peterson leads the NFL in rushing with 1,812 yards. And there is 500 yards between him and 2nd place, Marshawn Lynch.
Peyton Manning is also having an amazing season considering his neck injury!
It'll probably be Manning.
I'm going with Peyton on this one. Don't get me wrong, AD has had a great year it's just hard to ignore the fact that Peyton switched teams! He had 4 neck surgeries and many doctors said he would never play again, but he has defied the odds and looked better than ever!
Mountain Pride Wrote:I'm going with Peyton on this one. Don't get me wrong, AD has had a great year it's just hard to ignore the fact that Peyton switched teams! He had 4 neck surgeries and many doctors said he would never play again, but he has defied the odds and looked better than ever!

He switched to a playoff team! Because his team was awful!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He switched to a playoff team! Because his team was awful!

ah boys...
Is Indy in the playoffs with a new QB? Just saying!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]