Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will David Jones go pro?
If so, when?

If not, why not?

D. Jones goes to the NFL in '07 and is drafted within the first few rounds because he is a **** good all around player.

Hometown boy goes big.
"thetribe" Wrote:If so, when?

If not, why not?

D. Jones goes to the NFL in '07 and is drafted within the first few rounds because he is a **** good all around player.

Hometown boy goes big.

Are you talking about the kid at UK. I know he will be good but going PRO? Maybe free agent.
"thetribe" Wrote:If so, when?

If not, why not?

Hometown boy goes big.

He may play pro ball but go pro.
he would be a hell of a returner
I doubt it, He seems not be any better than Muhammad Abdullah on defense, but his speed is awesome...But I serioulsy doubt it...There's a lot of fast guys out there like him...
"TigerKat" Wrote:Are you talking about the kid at UK. I know he will be good but going PRO? Maybe free agent.

Yes, I am talking about David Jones, football player at UK from Belfry.

He is good and I honestly think that he will go pro after he plays college ball for two years.
Jones is an excellent athlete that is for sure, and he has the body/size/speed to play coner in the league, but he has yet to do much more than spot play on defense and return kicks.
I think he is going to be a big time player for the cats, but it is a little early to call him a sure thing. One thing is for sure he is making everyone in Eastern Kentucky proud by dawning on that blue and white jersey everyday. There is a bright future for him at UK.
I doubt he will
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:Jones is an excellent athlete that is for sure, and he has the body/size/speed to play coner in the league, but he has yet to do much more than spot play on defense and return kicks.
I think he is going to be a big time player for the cats, but it is a little early to call him a sure thing. One thing is for sure he is making everyone in Eastern Kentucky proud by dawning on that blue and white jersey everyday. There is a bright future for him at UK.

Good post. I think that Dave will definetly be prepared this upcoming season. The Cats will make him bulk up and everything. I am extremely good friends with one of his best friends and Dave has a good head on his shoulders. He is so down to earth yet works soooooo hard to get to play. Brooks didn't put him in as much as he should have. He will for sure be a big attribute to the Cats, no matter how their season turns out. And he makes Eastern Kentucky extremely proud. I agree. Very nice post Matney.
Okay, David Jones lets talk about him, Yes he is great and a good returner but he wouldnt make the first few rounds, and he wouldnt be able to handle the NFL hes not big enough yet... Just because hes good dont start with the NFL as him being a super star... cause he still yet has alot to learn even though he plays at Kentucky... He needs to stay in college get a little more experience bfore stepping up. And yes he is a good athlete ive played against him and i do agree with that.. hes the best from around here and he does need to continue his game just not yet let him get some size strength and experience and than yes he may got 2nd or 3rd round of the draft in 08 after College.... So best of luck to David in the next season, and the wildcats hopefully the program will be turned around and get some national recognition for these boys..
Don't you have to be out of high school for 3 years before entering the draft? So that would at least put him in the '08 draft. And I wouldn't see him doing that unless he just plays unreal the next two seasons. You would NOT want to leave schools early just as a returner. You are better off staying all 4 years then seeing what happens. Don't want to go off and enter and not get drafted and lose the last year of college :thumb:
I think David definitely has the speed, height, and will easily develop the size. He played pretty well at returner. He has the potential, but this is the NFL people, there are plenty fast guys out there. But, I disagree w/most of you w/this 1. I think he will go pro....I would say w/10-15 lean lbs., 2nd to 3rd rd. But, he has to want it and not let college life take control of his time. I have talked to some people that he hangs out w/at UK, and they said that he is very dedicated. I predict 2-3rd, if he stays 4. He is underrated in coverage, all you hear is what kind of KR he is. He will develop into an excellent cover corner. Mark my words.
"Beef" Wrote:Don't you have to be out of high school for 3 years before entering the draft? So that would at least put him in the '08 draft. And I wouldn't see him doing that unless he just plays unreal the next two seasons. You would NOT want to leave schools early just as a returner. You are better off staying all 4 years then seeing what happens. Don't want to go off and enter and not get drafted and lose the last year of college :thumb:
Someone told me two years, sorry, they probably told me wrong. If that is the case then in the '08 draft Dave will be gone. I would say that he would at least go and try it...watch and see.
He's a good player but last year against Vandy there wide out caught like 3 td's against him, even though he had a slite conusion in that game, he still needs to be able to keep wr from beating him down field. But as a Returner he can flat out fly !
I see him maybe being a 3rd round pick after his senior year !
Jones is an excellent athlete / neva know he may make it if he works hard
I would love to see him go Pro.
i htink he will go pro
Is this a serious question? At first I thought it was a joke--and here is why:
1. He was a freshman this past season
2. He did not play that much
3. He plays for Kentucky (so he isn't going to get a lot of the "right" kind of exposure).
4. If he was so GREAT--he would have played more on a team that stinks to begin with.
5. It is way too early to project his future after a mediocre freshman year.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Is this a serious question? At first I thought it was a joke--and here is why:
1. He was a freshman this past season
2. He did not play that much
3. He plays for Kentucky (so he isn't going to get a lot of the "right" kind of exposure).
4. If he was so GREAT--he would have played more on a team that stinks to begin with.
5. It is way too early to project his future after a mediocre freshman year.

This about sums it up for me!
I hope he will be able to go pro in 3 or 4 years
The potential is there, but he will need to stay at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urnConfusedchemas-microsoft-com:officeConfusedmarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> and develop his skills and become the best player that he can. I wish that he would have gone to a better football college to get the exposure that he needs. Te NFL is a difficult place to make. There are many fast guys there and it will be a challenge for David Jones. I think he can overcome this challenge and make a run for the NFL but it is still 3 years away in my mind. I sure did enjoy him at Belfry.

:theman:
i think after he GRADUATES maybe a 5 to 7 rounder.
MY QUESTION IS WHERE WAS HE OFFERED SCHOLARSHIPS BESIDES KENTUCKY. LETS FACE IT, PLAYING ON A MEDIOCRE TEAM....KENTUCKY.... IS PROBABLY NOT THE BEST RESUME FOR A PLAYER WANTING TO DECLARE EARLY FOR THE NFL. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED. GOOD LUCK TO THE YOUNG MAN. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
im gonna say maybe
if he keeps it up he will go to the nfl late 3rd or 4th round as a special teams returner