West Jessamine
Hopkins Central
South Laurel
Dunbar
Louisville Butler
Warren East
If I was a coach I'd say far away as I could from PLD
Strikeout King Wrote:If I was a coach I'd say far away as I could from PLD

One would think. But, I do know that the simple fact of having 2,000 kids in the school and no shortage of athletes is awful appealing. I saw them on ihigh a couple times this season, and athletically, they hardly ever look out matched.

I also saw one little note on their open job thread on the KHSAA site stating that there will be teaching jobs available in the building for the '13-'14 school year. I thought that was interesting, because in years past, I know for a fact that the admin wasn't sure if or what would be open.

The Catch 22 about Dunbar is just what I stated about about talent and facilities. At some point, a program and it's people inside it (admin, parents, boosters) have to wake up and realize that what they are doing is wrong. Their way obviously isn't working.

If a very football savy coach with a bigger than the program attitude iron fist, control freak like approach) can get in there with SOME support, then Dunbar could turn into the program that most associated with Kentucky high school football know it can be.
Dunbar had a couple of good years when they first opened. But they have went down hill the last 5 years. The coaching turnover tells me it is an administrative issue.
E's Army Wrote:Dunbar had a couple of good years when they first opened. But they have went down hill the last 5 years. The coaching turnover tells me it is an administrative issue.

From '96-'03 they were a model of success. A state final appearance, two or three other state semi's.

I agree. All admin.
Just heard that Fort Knox is open.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Just heard that Fort Knox is open.

That it is. I guess they are just now making it official? Thompson actually resigned the week of the state finals. It would be great to see this once, very proud program get back to what it once was. Ft. Campbell rose from the ashes so to speak to make a comeback, maybe Fort Knox can, too?
You can now add Danville to this list.
Would Chuck Smith consider Danville?
E's Army Wrote:Would Chuck Smith consider Danville?

I was thinking that. It would be like Rick Pitino going from Kentucky to Louisville.
GetChili Wrote:I was thinking that. It would be like Rick Pitino going from Kentucky to Louisville.
After talking with Coach Smith at the state finials I think he will sit back and draw a healthy salary from UK for the next year and half.
Fairdale is open
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Now makes 10 jobs currently open:

Newport
Bellevue
Green County
Bishop Brossart
West Jessamine
Hopkins Central
South Laurel
Dunbar
Louisville Butler
Warren East

Take off Green County, and add:
Danville
Fort Knox
Fairdale

That's 13 jobs thus far. I don't know if it will be another 40+ year, but I suspect we'll have another 13 come open after Christmas. The Danville job will create a possible domino effect.
Did Scott Carmony resign or get fired from Louisville Butler?
McCameraMan Wrote:Did Scott Carmony resign or get fired from Louisville Butler?

Resigned.
Seems like a very appealing job to me if I was a coach. There wouldn't be any shortage of athletes and I'm sure they have a lot of support for the program. They only lost to PRP by 7 and 13 points this season. And PRP made it to the State Championship game.
meat loaf Wrote:After talking with Coach Smith at the state finials I think he will sit back and draw a healthy salary from UK for the next year and half.

That's a good point.
I've received the report that Prez Kranz has took over the Pike Co Central Football program for John Paul Chapman. I didn't feel the need to make this its own thread because I don't know if it's true. Just wondering has anybody else heard this?
Thought for SURE Keith May was the next HC there.
Hiring the drillers coach would be the biggest mistake in khsaa football. He don't pay his bills and got a whole lot of baggage.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Thought for SURE Keith May was the next HC there.

The young or old one?
Real Badman Wrote:I've received the report that Prez Kranz has took over the Pike Co Central Football program for John Paul Chapman. I didn't feel the need to make this its own thread because I don't know if it's true. Just wondering has anybody else heard this?

I spoke with a couple former players and they denied that, said that Chapman has been on campus.
Does he teach?
Ashland Paul Blazer just became open
Saw on twitter S. Laurel will announce their new HC...anyone have any inside info on who it is?
Who ever SL hires should be an improvement. Administration would have to work hard to do a poorer job than their last hire.
Unless they hire Powenski. He is the current o coordinator. Back stabbed welch from day 1. !! But were talking about laurel county sports. !
Covington Holmes is open, coach Liggin resigned last week, but school is looking to stay within the current staff for it's new head coach
Knott County Central is listed on the KHSAA website.
KYcoach Wrote:Knott County Central is listed on the KHSAA website.
Heard Holland wasn’t pursuing it and 2 other coaches have been communicating with the powers that be for the job. Anyone else heard anything.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next