Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea Lady Pirate Holiday Classic Dec. 14-16
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County (1-2) and Powell County (2-1) KHSAA has Estill playing Station not sure how accurate it is and they don't have Powell playing anyone

Sounds like powell has played good this weekend. Only loss is by 1 to a big school. Anyone know who they play today and what place they play for?
PC Sports Wrote:Sounds like powell has played good this weekend. Only loss is by 1 to a big school. Anyone know who they play today and what place they play for?

Keely posted on twitter that they play later today, didn't say who just that they played later on. I would say 5th.

Madison Central/N. Dame - CG/2nd place
Lawrence/Muhlenberg - 3rd/4th place
Very proud of LC, they have represented East Ky very well. They were up 7 points in that first game with 1:36 before things got out of hand with a technical foul and other calls. Should have won that game, but things happen.
Powell plays garrard at 6. Powell beat Lawrence and they have the same record, but Lawrence is playing for 3rd and we aren't? How does that make sense?
Anyone have any results from earlier?
PC Sports Wrote:Powell plays garrard at 6. Powell beat Lawrence and they have the same record, but Lawrence is playing for 3rd and we aren't? How does that make sense?

It confuses me.

16 total teams. 2 of them are 3-0 (M. Central/Notre Dame) 2 of them are 0-3 (Model/Madison Southern). 6 are 1-2 (Estill, Bryan Station, Leslie County, Rowan County, Pulaski County, Jackson County) the other 6 are 2-1 (Powell, Garrard, Corbin, S. Laurel, Lawrence/Muhlenberg)

M. Central/Notre Dame
Powell/Garrard
Corbin/S. Laurel
Lawrence/Muhlenberg
Pulaski County/Jackson County

Estill County/B. Station-Leslie
Rowan County/B. Station-Leslie
Any scores from today?
The only thing I have from today is that Estill guard Kennedy Flynn was on the all tournament team. Don't have any scores or anything.
Rowan County defeated Leslie County 61-49
I think this is correct:

WINNER'S BRACKET FIRST ROUND
Corbin 69, Estill County 33
Garrard County 56, Rowan County 44
Madison Central 59, Muhlenberg County 47
Jackson County 50, Model 44
South Laurel 55, Bryan Station 51
Powell County 58, Lawrence County 57
Pulaski County 60, Leslie County 43
Notre Dame 73, Madison Southern 41

WINNER'S BRACKET QUARTERFINALS
Corbin 56, Garrard County 45
Madison Central 58, Jackson County 15
South Laurel 44, Powell County 43
Notre Dame 52, Pulaski County 36

WINNER'S BRACKET SEMIFINALS
Madison Central 40, Corbin 37
Notre Dame 50, South Laurel 28

WINNER'S BRACKET CONSOLATION
Garrard County 57, Jackson County 20
Powell County 50, Pulaski County 43

CONSOLATION BRACKET QUARTERFINALS
Rowan County 49, Estill County 31
Muhlenberg County 80, Model 27
Lawrence County 46, Bryan Station 43
Leslie County 66, Madison Southern 48

CONSOLATION BRACKET SEMIFINALS
Muhlenberg County 52, Rowan County 25
Lawrence County beat Leslie County (no score on KHSAA)

CONSOLATION BRACKET CONSOLATION
Estill County 61, Model 57
Bryan Station 58, Madison Southern 49

PLACE GAMES
Championship: Madison Central (3-0) vs. Notre Dame (3-0), 6:30 p.m.
3rd Place: Muhlenberg County (2-1) vs. Lawrence County (2-1) (LAWRENCE COUNTY WON, 47-44 ACCORDING TO @IGNITEfmSPORTS ON TWITTER)
5th Place: Corbin (2-1) vs. South Laurel (2-1)
7th Place: Garrard County (2-1) vs. Powell County (2-1)
9th Place: Jackson County (1-2) vs. Pulaski County (1-2)
11th Place: Rowan County (1-2) vs. Leslie County (1-2) (ROWAN COUNTY WON, 61-49 ACCORDING TO KHSAA)
13th Place: Estill County (1-2) vs. Bryan Station (1-2)
15th Place: Model (0-3) vs. Madison Southern (0-3)
Bryan Station defeated Estill County 83-41
Bryan Station 83, Estill County 41
Madison Southern 65, Model 52
Lawrence County 47, Muhlenberg County 44
Rowan County 61, Leslie County 49
Corbin and South Laurel were in the 3rd place game.
Who won the Powell County/Garrard game?
skyhawk14 Wrote:Corbin and South Laurel were in the 3rd place game.

I would have assumed that. However, we have Lawrence County people INSISTING they finished third.

Usually if you lose in the winners bracket semis, you play for third.

And in most 16-team tourneys, if you LOSE in the first round (as Lawrence did), the best you can finish is ninth.

However, I have not seen an official Berea bracket anywhere.
cksportsfan Wrote:I would have assumed that. However, we have Lawrence County people INSISTING they finished third.

Usually if you lose in the winners bracket semis, you play for third.

And in most 16-team tourneys, if you LOSE in the first round (as Lawrence did), the best you can finish is ninth.

However, I have not seen an official Berea bracket anywhere.

I think they only have the official brackets at the school. Richmond register don't even have them.
I will check into it today. Either 3rd or 9th it don't matter to the girls, all that matters is they were 3-1 and was 1:36 away from being 4-0. They were up 7 against Powell county when Taylor porter fouled out and lost 58-57. Coach is very pleased with his girls effort.
I was at the tourney...saw the brackets...Muhlenberg County and Lawrence County were in the losers bracket which does place them at 9th place. The third place game was against Corbin and South Laurel. There isn't really any question about that...never seen a consolation bracket get third place...clearly loser of the semi-final games.
Madison Central 61, Notre Dame 51
Corbin 58, South Laurel 45
Garrard County 72, Powell County 71 (2 OT)
Lawrence County 47, Muhlenberg County 44
Pulaski County 63, Jackson County 33
Rowan County 61, Leslie County 52
Bryan Station 83, Estill County 41
Madison Southern 65, Model 52
Leslie County must be pretty down...?
goldenbucs Wrote:I was at the tourney...saw the brackets...Muhlenberg County and Lawrence County were in the losers bracket which does place them at 9th place. The third place game was against Corbin and South Laurel. There isn't really any question about that...never seen a consolation bracket get third place...clearly loser of the semi-final games.

Corbin finished in 3rd place by defeating South Laurel by 13. Corbin is playing well right now and had a shot at beating Madison Central and making it to the finals.