Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 61 - Cordia 49
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not a bad showing at all by Cordia going to a hostile KCC gym.
Figured the score would be something like this.
Congrats to KCC.

I do think without Johnson at the moment PCC would have a tough time with Codia.
This is a very young Knott team too. They could be scary if they grow up a bit.
As big of a Patriot fan as I am. I caught myself clapping for Cordia a few times. They impressed me a lot. I think they have a shot at taking it home for their district right now, if they get the guys eligible that aren't right now they will be very dangerous and have a serious shot at state.
Congrats Knott Central.

Good to see Cordia least competing in the 53rd this year.
Cordia cut the lead to 4several times and missed a big layup at the end of the 3rd to cut it to 1. I told everyone this team is real. Wait until the rest of the team hits the floor. They are a top contender in this region.
Cordia...from this point on to be referred to as the "Rod Rhodes All Stars".
Stlcardsfan Wrote:This is a very young Knott team too. They could be scary if they grow up a bit.

Box and 1 on Justice and you have yourself a game with Knott central. 8th grader Austin Combs and Freshman A.j Chisolm held Justice to 8 points. And he had height and weight on both.
HD28 Wrote:Cordia...from this point on to be referred to as the "Rod Rhodes All Stars".

Do they have Canadian's?
No Canadians yet!! You must have your facts wrong.... That is JBS, Pikeville, East Ridge, North Hardin, Southwest PulAski
KHSAA12 Wrote:Box and 1 on Justice and you have yourself a game with Knott central. 8th grader Austin Combs and Freshman A.j Chisolm held Justice to 8 points. And he had height and weight on both.

And you quoted me why? Knott County's roles have changed this year. Zach Davis was this team's leader last year and Justice could play freely. He has to step up and lead this team in more than just scoring. With the bulk of the talent being Sophomores, Knott has room to grow as well.
Ahh just felt like it really, but even knowing knott county is young a big reason they won was because of seniors. Shrum and short come up big at times. And this teams chemistry is about as good as it gets. Going through last years run to state and all this summer together. Cordias had this summer period , with loads of team chemistry to build throughout this season. Knott has room for them to grow individually as players. I would suggest Hall, Cornett, and Christian to hit the weights, seemed like Warren man handled all three at some points.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Ahh just felt like it really, but even knowing knott county is young a big reason they won was because of seniors. Shrum and short come up big at times. And this teams chemistry is about as good as it gets. Going through last years run to state and all this summer together. Cordias had this summer period , with loads of team chemistry to build throughout this season. Knott has room for them to grow individually as players. I would suggest Hall, Cornett, and Christian to hit the weights, seemed like Warren man handled all three at some points.

Short's role on this team is defining day-by-day. Though a senior he hasn't played a big role on this team due to injury and Shrum is a role player. This Knott team is still figuring things out as well.
Ballers Wrote:Not a bad showing at all by Cordia going to a hostile KCC gym.
Figured the score would be something like this.
Congrats to KCC.

I do think without Johnson at the moment PCC would have a tough time with Codia.

Have you saw Perry play. Unlike some of the others Perry has played a quality schedule. Several of the other regional contenders have not played anybody. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Box and 1 on Justice and you have yourself a game with Knott central. 8th grader Austin Combs and Freshman A.j Chisolm held Justice to 8 points. And he had height and weight on both.

Last year Davis was the focus of everyone's defense. This year Justice will be. He had free rein to score. He will have a much harder time getting all the open threes he got last year. I have watched him several times. Does not shoot well when he has to create his own shot. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Have you saw Perry play. Unlike some of the others Perry has played a quality schedule. Several of the other regional contenders have not played anybody. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

You can't talk to these Knott County guys about this stuff.
I really, really, really, really, doubt that Cordia would push Perry Central right now.

Perry, without Justin Johnson, has beaten Johnson Central (minus Hall), Southwestern, and played within single digits of Scott County.
Cordia has wins against South Floyd, Leslie County, and Jackson City - also played within 11 points of Knott.

Nothing that either of these teams have done would indicate that they are on the same level right now.
Cordia has not played Owsley yet.
PapaPoof Wrote:Cordia has not played Owsley yet.

My apologies...

Jackson City
Good game. Was a 6-9 point game throughout most of the game. Knott did push it to a 13 point lead at the half but that really didn't show how close the first half was, second half was close throughout as well.

Both teams will improve by District.
^After I looked at it Cordia won the second half scoring by 1pt. And that's after sending knott to the line twice late trying to get possession back and knocking down all 4 free throws.
AH!!!! If the two kids at Cordia get elgiable they will be very good.
What was the line score for this game?
If KCC couldnt put Cordia away without a struggle, they need to watch out for PCC, Letcher and Hazard. With the transfer of Chris Hudson the bulldogs are a complete team. PCC is loaded with bigs!!
Give credit to Cordia but Knott did not play their best game. Also they won with Justice having an off night says a lot about this team. They are young and are still growing and at the end of the year they will be a lot better team. Cordia will also be better team at the end of the year when the other players start playing for them.
Justice didnt have a good game because he was shut down. Great game plan on their shooters.
Johnson Central wasn't that big of a game lol..
Their region isn't like the 14th, very weak to say the least.
Hall didn't play. Listen at what you are saying geez.
And my point was I think KCC would beat PCC by more than 11 so.
I heard the refs were awful at this game?? Heard they gave out like 4 technicals and missed a lot of calls. One of the refs was even related to one of the KCC players...
I am sick of hearing this excuse of not playing their best game and justice not playing his best game , there is a reason for this, it is called defense. Knott played against a quicker more athletic physical team that just came up a little short. As far as knott getting better I think they are about as good as they will get. They have played together all last year,in the state tourney and all summer , it's not like this is a new team. Cordia, on the other hand, have only played together for 5 game and are just learning to play together.This sounds like something that babbling idiot Harold Mullins on the radio talking about How Knott co has played a horrible , horrible game. Teams don't look as good against better teams as they do against pee wee teams.If you allow justice to walk the ball up the floor pass it off ,go spot up for a uncontested three, he will bust your ass. It is different when someone guards you. Cordia was the first team this year Knott has faced that has "D'd" them up.
So I guess when Justice miss the open threes, that I think he had four in the game it was becuase of the great defense by cordia. I'm not making excuses but I think that Justice had an off night. Cordia defense did upset Justice last night but the threes he had when cordia players lost him on the court he usually make them. Like you said he make you pay for leaving him open. But last night he did not. Cordia has the talent to give anybody in the region trouble but other teams will adjust to them and make it harder on them as the season goes on. These 14 region teams has not play against cordia players and dont know how to adjust to them but they will as the scouting reports on these players get around the region. I think that Cordia has the best talent but best talent dont always win.
Good showing for Cordia against a very good Knott Co. team.