Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
With the hiring of Mark Stoops as HC, These recruits have said they will STAY

Khalid Thomas
Jacob Hyde
Alvonte Bell
Jalen Battle

Ryan Timmons (Franklin County) Really likes the hire and wants to talk to Coach Stoops.

James Quick (Trinity) Said he would re-consider his teams if Kentucky made a good hire. He currently has Louisville at 1 and Kentucky at 4

Reese Phillips (QB) will be evaluated by the new OC.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more players commit to Kentucky for 2013
Timmons and Quick would be huge gets for UK.
Speed will do good with air raid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Stoops can make a statement by getting Quick.
To be honest though, if hes able he needs better players than the other listed. Depends on how much time he has left.
Speaking of Air Raid I hear Coach Stoops is meeting with both Neil Brown and Chad Scott tomarrow............
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stoops can make a statement by getting Quick.
To be honest though, if hes able he needs better players than the other listed. Depends on how much time he has left.

Those were the only ones I have heard of as of tonight. I'm sure he'll talk to more this week and next
He stated that although KY was not known for its SEC talent, what little talent we had he would be going after them.
So that means he would be going aft Quick and Timmonds. Who else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

^Quick, Timmons, any skill position players who run 4.2-4.4 speed.....4.5-4.6 for LBs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
cougarpride08 Wrote:So that means he would be going aft Quick and Timmonds. Who else?

He should be going after Damian Harris now.
Who is Damian Harris?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LWC Wrote:Timmons and Quick would be huge gets for UK.

I would hope that Quick is wise enough to go elsewhere.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is Damian Harris?

RB out of Madison Co. class of 2015. Already has an offer from Michigan and Ohio State is closely looking at him.
Reese Phillips ‏@ReesePhillips11 Talked to coach Neal Brown today!!! Super excited for him to come to my school and mom and dads house tomorrow!!! #BBN #WeAreUK

[URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WeAreUK&src=hash"]
[/URL]Reese Phillips ‏@ReesePhillips11
@BigBlueKick12 I'm so excited man
Reese is a 3* QB according to Rivals. He had offers from Kentucky, Memphis, Middle Tenn. State, Mississippi State and Vandy was also looking at him
judgementday Wrote:RB out of Madison Co. class of 2015. Already has an offer from Michigan and Ohio State is closely looking at him.

He has 8 D1 Scholarships. Fresno State, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Syracuse, Tennessee, Wake Forest
Quick will be a long shot. UL, and Ohio St 1 and 2. Don't see him passing Ohio St for UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Quick will be a long shot. UL, and Ohio St 1 and 2. Don't see him passing Ohio St for UK.

From what I hear he's wanting to talk with Kentucky.
DE Alvonte Bell
ATH Khalid Thomas
DT Jacob Hyde
TE Darren Dowdrell
ATH Jalen Battle

Have now all said they'll keep their commitment to the Cats.

James Quick & Jason Hatcher have both now been visited by two of UK's coaches. Both have said they'll visit UK after the dead period.

Ryan Timmons is to take an official visit to UK this weekend & attend the basketball game v.s. Lipscomb. Let's make him feel at home BBN & get him committed this weekend.

UK has now been ushered into 4 star WR Shelton Gibson's Top 6. He is from Cleveland Heights, OH.

UK has also found it's way into 3 star RB Jojo Kemp's Top 5. He is from Deland, FL.
^ Where is Jason Hatcher from? Recruits that haven't even UK on their list to having UK on their list should all tell us that UK has landed some great coaches. I know its just a list, but I feel like these coaches know how to recruit and now I hope they can land them
How many all together as far as scholarship players are we allowed to have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Stoops needs to find that 5 star QB.
I wouldnt stay in state for my starter.
redhound93 Wrote:^ Where is Jason Hatcher from? Recruits that haven't even UK on their list to having UK on their list should all tell us that UK has landed some great coaches. I know its just a list, but I feel like these coaches know how to recruit and now I hope they can land them

Hatcher is a 4 star DE, out of Louisville Trinity & is currently committed to USC.

I guess QB Reese Phillips is also staying a Cat commit!

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stoops needs to find that 5 star QB.
I'd take one 5 star at any position. You do realize there are only 25 or so 5 star recruits all over the national?? Only 2 of those are QB's. Both are already committed. So it won't happen this year. Honestly, I'm pretty excited about Towles. Stoops & company have to do whatever it takes to keep Patrick at UK. I truly believe, he's a better QB than Maxwell Smith. He can throw the deep ball better, & that's required in the Air-Raid offense.

However, I'd like to see UK make a push for 5 star DT Montravius Adams out of Vienna, GA. That's truly the only 5 star I feel we have a shot at.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Stoops needs to find that 5 star QB.

Newton was a 4star QB and considered to be a recruiting Coup. I think Max Smith was a 2 star. Be careful not to get caught up in stars.
FBALL Wrote:Newton was a 4star QB and considered to be a recruiting Coup. I think Max Smith was a 2 star. Be careful not to get caught up in stars.

Oh yeah I agree, stars mean nothing when you get on a football field. I still feel that Towles is a better QB than Smith.
I'd love to see Hatcher come to UK.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Oh yeah I agree, stars mean nothing when you get on a football field. I still feel that Towles is a better QB than Smith.

Maybe. But without a doubt they're both better than Newton. So is Whitlow.
FBALL Wrote:Maybe. But without a doubt they're both better than Newton. So is Whitlow.

Indeed. Whitlow could be Randall Cobbesque.

I want to see all 5 of Trinity's prospects come to UK.

Hatcher & Quick would be huge gets.

I'd also like to see us get in on Vandy commit DB Ryan White & uncommitted RB Dalyn Dawkins.

With Trinity QB Travis Wright not holding any offers, we could get him as a preferred walk-on possibly.
I can't see Dawkins going anywhere but Louisville.
FBALL Wrote:I can't see Dawkins going anywhere but Louisville.
Louisville has yet to offer him.
  • 1(current)
  • Next