Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 for 30 Bo Jackson
Watched it last night. Bo Jackson was a freak of nature. Who are some freakish athletes that you have seen play in High School live and in person?
Juan Thomas 1990 Ashland Tomcats
^^^^^^ 1 of the strongest players on his team, didnt lift weights. Sprinters speed at 6foot4 250 pounds
T-CATS Wrote:Juan Thomas 1990 Ashland Tomcats
Well i must've been a freak to at 200 pounds....I can show you film wear i ate his ass up when i played tight end our junior year....Yes i know they came into BELFRY and beat us up our senior year.. that's because we was injured...But Juan didn't beat us...yes he was a big guy and had talent but not a freak....not even close to a .BO Jackson...IMO
I remember Juan Thomas and he definitely fits the "freak" description.

But best I've seen in high school would be Randy Moss.
Jared Lorenzen...any QB who can be confused for one of his lineman, especially in college....is a freak to me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Some people buy into the statement "todays athletes are just better". IMO that statement is just a easy way to write the heros of the past off. Take Jessie Owens, he was a great long jumper and won the Olympic gold in 1936 and 76 years later at the London he would have been right in the thick of things for a Medal he held the world record for about 25 years with a jump of 8.13 (26 ft 8.25 in) the 2012 Olympic gold Medal was won with a jump of only 8.31m ( 27ft 3 in) Keep in mind that today's faster track surfaces and improved shoes would have allowed Owens to improve a vast amount. I mean 76 year later the man would still been right in the hunt! How strong is that??? How would someone like WILT compare to todays NBA IMO there is no body in the NBA like Wilt now remember Wilt was 7 ft 1in tall
Guys like Bo Jackson, WIlt , Jessie Ownes and Ali are few and far between. If todays athletes are so much better then why did it take 30 years to beat this jump?
My old man always tells me that there never has been and never will be anything like Wilt Chamberlain.
White guys can't jump and todays Athletes are better???? Can you say BS. This dude would have won a medal at the 2012 games that is 35 years later! If would been coached to do the "Flop" be would been over 8ft 2in easy. What was his vertical???? He just jumped his whole body over 7 ft 9 inchs he probably need to get 3/4ths that high to clear it so that figures to be you are looking at 69.75 inchs.
BoondockSaint Wrote:My old man always tells me that there never has been and never will be anything like Wilt Chamberlain.

Your Old man is right, he was 36 years old in that video well past his prime.
There are freaks and super freaks. Bo Jackson was a super freak. Anyone that could kill a pig with a rock, turn a back flip in thigh high water, run a 4.12 40 @ 220 lbs, and shoot an elk in the heart from 80 yards at 50....with a bow? Come on man....99 percent of people will not see someone that can do one of those things, let alone all of them.

He was unreal...
Michael Bush, Male
All American football player, All State basketball player, could throw a baseball in the low 90s

I think some of those guys were spot on about what Bo Jackson would've been if his prime was today, and that's scrutinized. People would've said he's on roids and HGH, that he would've tainted the game. I loved watching Bo play
honestjchsfan Wrote:Your Old man is right, he was 36 years old in that video well past his prime.

And he may quite possibly be the physically strongest man to ever play as well.
Bo Jackson IMO, is the best natural athlete of all time.

As far as in state guys go, Michael Bush was one of the best.
Bo was incredible, not many that can even be compared to him...let alone come close to matching him.
Juan Thomas was pretty awesome, great talent at baseball and football and was able to more than hold his own on the ball court when he played basketball.
If we are referring to HS athletes that we've seen play, I really enjoyed watching Michael Bush from Male, Bo Smith and Justin Miller from Owensboro, Micah Johnson from Ft. Campbell, Stewart Childress and Jerrold Fuqua from Caldwell. Not saying all were super freakish just that each were fun to watch.
No one done it better in two sports than Bo!!! The things he could do on the football field and baseball were just out of this world.
BoondockSaint Wrote:My old man always tells me that there never has been and never will be anything like Wilt Chamberlain.

Your dad was right. I saw Wilt chase Kareem Abdul Jabbar into the stands after Jabbar hard fouled one of his teammate. It was hilarious. Nobody messed with Wilt and I hear he was a ladies man to boot. Confusednicker:
[quote=BoondockSaint]My old man always tells me that there never has been and never will be anything like Wilt Chamberlain.[/QUOTE
Hard to believe he is 50 years old now!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Herschel Walker
Deon Sanders....can do anything in sports
adopted purple Wrote:Your dad was right. I saw Wilt chase Kareem Abdul Jabbar into the stands after Jabbar hard fouled one of his teammate. It was hilarious. Nobody messed with Wilt and I hear he was a ladies man to boot. Confusednicker:

I know enough about the era to know that Jabbar and Bill Russell couldn't scratch Chamberlain's backside, and that Chamberlain was a notorious boot-knocker.:Thumbs:
This man could eat Bo Jackson for lunch!

[Image: http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160...006ss1.jpg]

as you can see in his belly, he already ate Wilt....
^already looks like he did
Marcus Dupree was a freak as well.
The throw to nail Harold Reynolds at the plate from the warning track is impossibe other than for Vincent Bo Jackson. That sh*t ain't right!