Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 92 Clark County 73
Final
Congrats Tomcats!
Close game till end of 3rd Q and Ashland decided they wanted to play.
^ GC, what has happened to GRC - Are they Young in all male sports; Are kids going elsewhere?

GRC Mens athletics has dropped off the map. As a 10th regioner, we don't even factor them into the picture any longer for mens athletics. What is happening in Winchester with athletes/coaches?
Arent they 2 time defending region champs and state tourney quarterfinalists? I would say they are relevant if that is true. They may just be young like UK and will be a contender in March.
After four games, three at home, the Cardinals are 0-4. The game last night is actually the second closest game of the year. It could be a long year.
Nice win Tomcats!
Stardust Wrote:^ GC, what has happened to GRC - Are they Young in all male sports; Are kids going elsewhere?

GRC Mens athletics has dropped off the map. As a 10th regioner, we don't even factor them into the picture any longer for mens athletics. What is happening in Winchester with athletes/coaches?

Yeah, Clark Co lost pretty much everyone from last year. They only returned two players I believe from last years team and only one of the two got significant minutes.
MVP2 Wrote:Yeah, Clark Co lost pretty much everyone from last year. They only returned two players I believe from last years team and only one of the two got significant minutes.

We have lost 16 seniors in the last 2 years. A rebuilding year for the Cards. Malachi Isreal, sophomore, is only one returing with minutes. We still have Roberts( hasn't played yet, hurt) and Warrner that return. Lots of Sophomores on this team. Only 2 seniors and one is a transfer, and isn't seeing much PT at this time.

Strangest thing I have seen, all varsity players dress for the JV game. We have some players that play most of JV and then start Varsity. Coach actually sits on the bench during the JV games. Trying to get players as much PT as he can. You will see 5 in and 5 out. I will say one thing, these kids are in shape.
washed up Wrote:Arent they 2 time defending region champs and state tourney quarterfinalists? I would say they are relevant if that is true. They may just be young like UK and will be a contender in March.

Yes we have back to back regional wins, even after all that gradutated 2 years ago. Yes we are young and no real experience.

Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:After four games, three at home, the Cardinals are 0-4. The game last night is actually the second closest game of the year. It could be a long year.

Look at our schedule, Cov. Cath, Madison Central and Ashland are all contenders to win their region. Heck Madison Central may win the state. Also have state ranked Montgomery Co up this week. Not worried about the W/L at this point, it is about what we here in Winchester expected with the schedule and rebuilding year. I can say, I wouldn't want to play the Cards come turney time.