Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida -vs- Louisville (All State Sugar Bowl 1/2/13)
Florida (11-1) SEC
Louisville (10-2) Big East

Jan 2nd, 2013
8:30 pm
ESPN

Thoughts????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beat
Down
^ Yes.... I understand there are rules with the bowl games but

Oklahoma or Georgia should be playing Florida...

Oklahoma lost to 2 top 5 teams and Georgia is the 3rd best team in the country.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:^ Yes.... I understand there are rules with the bowl games but

Oklahoma or Georgia should be playing Florida...

Oklahoma lost to 2 top 5 teams and Georgia is the 3rd best team in the country.

I agree by virtue of losing to georgia florida gets the better bowl. it is a screwed up system.
Gators easy.
I would have loved to have seen a Florida/Oregon matchup and a KState/Georgia matchup but once again, the bowls are bad matchups.

Florida wins this one by 40.
I think this one could be very close if UL has a healthy Bridgewater.

FL-21
UL-17
Gators 56 - Cards 24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I remember that Sugar Bowl that put my Bearcats up against the Gators a few years ago, I think Florida just scored another touchdown haha

Actually, I think Louisville will keep this one close. Unlike the Tebow Gators I mentioned above, I wasn't that impressed with Florida this year. They have an awesome defense, but the offense has struggled too many times this year. This is the same team that barely beat Bowling Green and Louisiana Lafayette at HOME. Florida will win, but I wouldn't take that Vegas spread.

and Georgia should be playing in the Sugar Bowl
Florida by 40
I wonder why the bowl commitee has always had a problem going outside the format to schedule the games the way they should be, IE 1vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc. The only exception should come when your paired with somebody from your own conference.
^
Oh yea, money.
I will say Florida by at least a touch down should be a interesting game though.
I think the Gators are too strong overall. Florida wins 31-14.
If Bridgewater comes out playing well, then the cards will keep it close in the first half, but like all year long florida will make their halftime adjustments to contain him and the second half turns into a beat down...