Open HC Jobs
Anyone know of any? Rumors?
Here are 4 I just found:
Green County
Hopkins County Central
Newport
West Jessamine

Anymore?
I have heard that Tony Burchett was retiring at Powell County. Not sure if that's true or not just what I have heard
(RUMOR) I heard Lewis County was going to come open sometime in the off season.
Bub Lewis Wrote:(RUMOR) I heard Lewis County was going to come open sometime in the off season.

That would be bad, Coach Hughes is a class act and looks like he has breathed new life in that program.

Word is Bellvue may be open as well.
Shoulderblock73 Wrote:Word is Bellvue may be open as well.

Bellevue is open, Croley stepped down after the season. He's looking into either retirement or an administrative position.

Mariemont in Cincinnati is open and there are a few NKY coaches interested in that job, so there might be a new opening due to that
Rumor is Pulaski Southwestern is looking to make a change.
I wonder why Southwestern is looking for a change?
Brother Xavier Wrote:I wonder why Southwestern is looking for a change?

Me too. Andy Stephens is a great guy and one of these people whose coaching skills are under appreciated all because he was at Casey County for so long, when I can promise you that he maxed out the potential there. No doubt about it.
[quote=Fly Like a Duck]Me too. Andy Stephens is a great guy and one of these people whose coaching skills are under appreciated all because he was at Casey County for so long, when I can promise you that he maxed out the potential there. No doubt about it.[/

Should of never been hired to start with. IMO
I'm pretty sure Stephens is not going anywhere after just one season. The last coach was there 19 years, so they are not going to get rid of a coach after one rough season.
I heard Jewell is interested in the job at SW and Stephens maybe out b/c of lack of numbers in the program???

Heard rumors that South Laurel is open also?
Larry Welch resigned just over a week ago, so South Laurel is open.
I hope this isn't true, but it appears that Louisville Holy Cross is being investigated for athletic recruiting again and depending on the outcome, the job might open up.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Here are 4 I just found:
Green County
Hopkins County Central
Newport
West Jessamine

Anymore?
Really shocked by Green County being open. Griffiths is a good coach, and has done a nice job there over the years.
Looks as if the wheels are turning in Breathitt and they will soon have a new HC next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Really?
C.Clair Wrote:Looks as if the wheels are turning in Breathitt and they will soon have a new HC next year.

You're kidding? Don't tell me Holcomb is going to pull a Bill Mike Runyon.
Before it's all said and done, I think there will be some VERY interesting coaching changes/moves at some VERY successful football programs, particularly here in the eastern/southeastern portions of the state.

Just one or two openings, even at "marginally" successful programs, can create a pretty substantial domino effect.
Corbin should open up, Jewell's welcome has worn out I think.
chicken_hawks101 Wrote:Corbin should open up, Jewell's welcome has worn out I think.

1 bad season and Corbin fans want rid of Jewell. You all must be worse than UK Bsketball fans. It is fans like you that no one would want to go there, always under the microscope.
Corbin benefitted from being in a weak district for a long time and the fan base there is not use to losing.
West 80 Wrote:1 bad season and Corbin fans want rid of Jewell. You all must be worse than UK Bsketball fans. It is fans like you that no one would want to go there, always under the microscope.

Corbin problems just didn't start it has been coming for a while. They played in the weakest district in the state for years and i believe it caused them to think they were a little better than they was.I believe the Soccer program has really took a lot of talent that in years past would have been on the football field.I believe they had between 40 and 50 kids in the soccer program this year.Also Jewells people skills really turns the Old Timers off and thats where the money comes from.
insideinfo Wrote:Corbin problems just didn't start it has been coming for a while. They played in the weakest district in the state for years and i believe it caused them to think they were a little better than they was.I believe the Soccer program has really took a lot of talent that in years past would have been on the football field.I believe they had between 40 and 50 kids in the soccer program this year.Also Jewells people skills really turns the Old Timers off and thats where the money comes from.

This is causing a problem with several schools, especially many of the county/rural schools in the state. When you only draw most of your talent from in and around the area of the high school and/or county seat, and have that many kids choosing to play soccer; it thins things out just a bit.

Food for thought, but Bell County nor Wayne County have soccer. Interesting don't you think?
The current administration at Breathitt is helping Holcomb out the door from what Ive been told. I hope this is not the case, but it sounds like there is a very good chance that Holcomb will be retiring as AD and HC of Breathitt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Maybe P-burg backup QB will brang his coach with him
GetChili Wrote:I'm pretty sure Stephens is not going anywhere after just one season. The last coach was there 19 years, so they are not going to get rid of a coach after one rough season.

It is a christmas miracle, I agree with Chili. My reason for him not going anywhere differs. His old coach Butcher (superint.) will see to it that he doesn't go anywhere. REBEL PPRIDE! I can see why someone would bring up the SW program in this thread though. I am sure that it was in hope that someone in the administration would pluck their head from their bums long enough to realize that the program that many in the community care about is going down the crapper. It is a sad state of affairs when you can talk to current players and they tell you that their coaches are clueless, and never coach them up on anything from basic fundamentals to scouting reports. I know you all have heard this from me before, but i must say again...Shame on the administration for CREATING this mess.
How about John Hardin. It is rumored that this will be Coach Brown's last year. Sure hate to see him go, but anyone know if he is going to retire or if the fire still burns inside of him.
I am 100% not a Corbin supporter or hater, I just know growing up in that area of the feelings inside of it. Every since Knox Central has been doing better and some other schools around the area, Kids DON'T FLOCK to Corbin anymore. There starting to stay at there schools or flocking somewhere else. Corbin has long lived of the surrounding communities and schools kids, Mostly Laurel County. IMO what is hurting Corbin is Jewell because .... well he isn't the best communicator , doesn't relate to kids very well and honestly, he needs to turn over some of his coaches , some are almost dinosaurs. lol !!
GetChili Wrote:I'm pretty sure Stephens is not going anywhere after just one season. The last coach was there 19 years, so they are not going to get rid of a coach after one rough season.

SW and Stephens just won the region last year and now they want rid of him???? that sounds pretty bad. At least give him the benefit of another year, nut fans, worse than UK and Corbin fans.
  • 1(current)
  • Next