Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Collins (4A State Championship) 11/30
Let go collins smack em in the mouth!!!!!!
sawmill Wrote:Let go collins smack em in the mouth!!!!!!

Nice.:thatsfunn Hopefully Collins plays with a little more class than the team Highlands met this past friday.
sawmill Wrote:Let go collins smack em in the mouth!!!!!!

LexCath tried that and it only gave them a bad reputation. Play with class win or lose.
sstack Wrote:LexCath tried that and it only gave them a bad reputation. Play with class win or lose.

Play to win!!!! I m sure fth will win but I can hope mlc pulls a upset.
Highlands by 30
You guys go ahead and set a spread....I mean, running clocks in first half and all...
Talk about class...I rank Highlands right there with Trinity, Scott County...and those BBN fans. You guys want to talk about the game, let's do it but don't come out with trash. I think Simp Titan said it best.
As a bird fan I'm going to apologize for the arrogant, disrespectful few that run their trolling mouths to incite the naive of bgr. Please take the trolls with a grain of salt and know the majority of FTH fans are good folks.

I look forward to a good game and it is my sincere hope there is no running clock. I'll predict Collins keep it close in the 1st half and the Birds pull away winning 45-21.

As for you trolling stalwarts I'll be the one wearing the Highlands cap with the sweatshirt which reads on the back: NO TROLL FOOD FOR YOU!
Tommy2tone Wrote:You guys go ahead and set a spread....I mean, running clocks in first half and all...
Talk about class...I rank Highlands right there with Trinity, Scott County...and those BBN fans. You guys want to talk about the game, let's do it but don't come out with trash. I think Simp Titan said it best.

So if we honestly feel it is going to be a blow out game, we are not suppose to post that is the way we feel? I am not trying to disrespect Collins, but I truely feel it will be a fairly easy game for Highlands. The only way I feel it stays close at all is if HHS has a lot of turnovers. It is not trash talking, I am just stating the way I think the game will turn out. I hope Collins makes it an exciting game, but I do not think that will happen. Collins won the games they were in and I congraduate them for that, but that does not automatically make them on the same talent level as Highlands in the championship game.
sawmill Wrote:http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...tate-title

You do know this was over ruled and Highlands got all the wins back? No wrong doing on Highlands part!
I think Collins might surprise some people in this game. If I was vegas, I would HHS about -28.5 with a total around 72....
So, if I was a betting man, I would take Collins with the points and the over.
Don't base anything on that Collins/Boyle Co. game.
If you want to play games like that, Collins gave up fewer points to Western than Highlands did...One TD was on a busted Kickoff..yep, Highlands scored more points but Collins went to clock controll the last quarter....So whatelse do we have to base this game on? And for the record, #22 Dre Farris will be the best player on the field.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I think Collins might surprise some people in this game. If I was vegas, I would HHS about -28.5 with a total around 72....
If you want to play games like that, Collins gave up fewer points to Western than Highlands did...One TD was on a busted Kickoff..yep, Highlands scored more points but Collins went to clock controll the last quarter....So whatelse do we have to base this game on? And for the record, #22 Dre Farris will be the best player on the field.

lets hope mlc plays like king david and takes out the bully....
sstack Wrote:You do know this was over ruled and Highlands got all the wins back? No wrong doing on Highlands part!

Exactly correct. The KHSAA actually admitted they had been in error when they sanctioned Highlands. Making the reversal by the KHSAA even richer, a committee of the Kentucky General Assembly eventually forced the KHSAA to change it's rules, thus preventing the KHSAA from ever again sanctioning a school for playing a kid during the period that a court said the kid was eligible. The icing on the "cake": that committee was headed by a CovCath supporter. Even someone from Highlands fiercest rival realized that the sanctions by the KHSAA under those circumstances were wrong.

Thank goodness Brigid Devries retired. Nice lady but not the strongest administrator. She let some vindictive board members get way out of line.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I think Collins might surprise some people in this game. If I was vegas, I would HHS about -28.5 with a total around 72....

Looking forward to seeing Dre Farris play. That's one heck of a compliment.

Sounds like Collins is pretty good. Might be one heck of a game.
charlie22 Wrote:Exactly correct. The KHSAA actually admitted they had been in error when they sanctioned Highlands. Making the reversal by the KHSAA even richer, a committee of the Kentucky General Assembly eventually forced the KHSAA to change it's rules, thus preventing the KHSAA from ever again sanctioning a school for playing a kid during the period that a court said the kid was eligible. The icing on the "cake": that committee was headed by a CovCath supporter. Even someone from Highlands fiercest rival realized that the sanctions by the KHSAA under those circumstances were wrong.

Thank goodness Brigid Devries retired. Nice lady but not the strongest administrator. She let some vindictive board members get way out of line.

thats great you guys can trade players with no worries...:Thumbs:
Told you I put them right there with Trinity and Scott Co.
sawmill Wrote:thats great you guys can trade players with no worries...:Thumbs:

They haven't had anyone Highlands wanted since then!

Trading and paying out of state players is the easy part. It's covering up the murders, DUIs and rapes that is hard to do. Hell the Birds have 15 players over 25.

All the refs in Ky are Highlands billionaire dads. State Championships aint cheap.

Sawmill, its best to just look off to the horizon, bite your lip and let the Birds finish. don't scream and struggle it will only make things worse for you in the end.
sstack Wrote:LexCath tried that and it only gave them a bad reputation. Play with class win or lose.

birdman44 Wrote:Trading and paying out of state players is the easy part. It's covering up the murders, DUIs and rapes that is hard to do. Hell the Birds have 15 players over 25.

All the refs in Ky are Highlands billionaire dads. State Championships aint cheap.

Sawmill, its best to just look off to the horizon, bite your lip and let the Birds finish. don't scream and struggle it will only make things worse for you in the end.

Sad but true. It aint cheap BUYING championships.
sawmill Wrote:Sad but true. It aint cheap BUYING championships.

The most famous trade was getting Justin Frisk from Cov Cath for a kilo of cocaine.

Yeah, Dale is really a Saudi Arabian Prince and he has bought the 4A state championships through 2064 straight cash. The Highlands field is actually made from shredded C-notes. there are no Fort Thomas kids on the team, in fact there are 4 cyborgs on the team this year stolen from other programs naturally. The practices are held in an underground layer to hide all the controversy.

No what is great is that the KHSAA under Tackett's leadership had the guts to admit they made a mistake. Unfortunately not near enough posters on here have the guts to do the same.
birdman44 Wrote:Trading and paying out of state players is the easy part. It's covering up the murders, DUIs and rapes that is hard to do. Hell the Birds have 15 players over 25.

This may be the best all time post i have ever read. You did forget to mention that the 15 over 25 were all NFL first round picks but Highlands offered the more money.
I would love for Mueller to put up 70 or 80 in this one...sadly, the running clock is a hindrance to the beatdowns of years ago.
Though this was a game thread, not recruiting.
Mueller when ahead by 3 to 4 tds always calls off the dogs and subs regularly. The game will not be a shutout. It may even be close for awhile, but Highlands simply has too much talent to lose this one. Highlands is a respectful team. Period. May the best team win, I say.
The Birds win.
I wouldn't argue that. Collins D will have to step it up. They have done that the last couple of games, but it hasn't been against the caliber of a team such as HHS. BUT, that is why we play the games. Lets be for real here, this is the first trip to the finals for most everyone envlolved with MLC program. This is just another learning experience for everyone and an accomplishment to these guys for starting a program. When they make it back next year, it will be another story and mark it down, they will be back next year. Don't get me wrong, the TITANS are just not going to show up and say they played there. THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY TO WIN.
WideRight05 Wrote:I would love for Mueller to put up 70 or 80 in this one...sadly, the running clock is a hindrance to the beatdowns of years ago.

Now thats some fth class. An to say lex cath has no class.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I wouldn't argue that. Collins D will have to step it up. They have done that the last couple of games, but it hasn't been against the caliber of a team such as HHS. BUT, that is why we play the games. Lets be for real here, this is the first trip to the finals for most everyone envlolved with MLC program. This is just another learning experience for everyone and an accomplishment to these guys for starting a program. When they make it back next year, it will be another story and mark it down, they will be back next year. Don't get me wrong, the TITANS are just not going to show up and say they played there. THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY TO WIN.

I would hope that the Collins players, coaches and fans come to PLAY TO WIN. That is what it is all about. I hope they come and play their hearts out and leave it all on the field. They should leave with no regrets. The Highlands players, coaches and fans should expect nothing less from Collins. Collins should show no mercy to Highlands, for that would be an insult to the players, coaches and fans of Highlands.

Just remember, Highlands is coming to PLAY TO WIN also. That is what it is all about. I hope they come and play their hearts out and leave it all on the field. They should leave with no regrets. The Collins players, coaches and fans should expect nothing less from Highlands. Highlands should show no mercy to Collins, for that would be an insult to the players, coaches and fans of Collins.

May the best team win.