Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co Central 2013
E's Army Wrote:Letcher County is playing with 4A numbers in a 5A district. Their numbers would put them in the middle of 4A. When you are down a little bit and have less numbers to begin with it is very difficult.

Not sure that is a bad thing. We were 5 and 0 against 5A teams....The road to a title is going to be easier in 5A than 4A. There are more powerhouse teams in 4A.
I have learned that you are as good as your feeder program. We are finally dong the right thing in our feeder program, but getting them to learn his system will take time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Zane never was given any time to throw the ball. Offensive line has to get stronger. Season starts now, so weight room training is so important. Especially in the winter conditioning and lifting. The old saying goes! If you are not playing a winter sport. You butt needs to be in the weight room.

How much time does he need to make a throw? When they become a team then only will they win games and become better players. Don't point fingers.
When he takes two steps and they are already on him then he doesn't have time. Our offensive line really need to get better. Not just one person.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

PreacherVol71 Wrote:Not sure that is a bad thing. [B]We were 5 and 0 against 5A teams....[/B]The road to a title is going to be easier in 5A than 4A. There are more powerhouse teams in 4A.

Excuse me?
cougarpride08 Wrote:When he takes two steps and they are already on him then he doesn't have time. Our offensive line really need to get better. Not just one person.

The line need to get stronger and the quarterback need to learn how to make good throws and to go foward not backward.I'm sure it is 3 second for the line to hold them off of a quarterback. Now I know that not a long time but the quarterback job is to get rid of the ball.
Quarterback will learn. That was his first year playing. He had a ruptured spleen last year, and sit out all last year. Give him time.v
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

So, anyone know what our schedule might include. Clean slate this year. Figures 5 home and 5 away. I know we play Harlan co away, perry and Whitley at home. So how many do we schedule. Would like to add Corbin, Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, and Harlan City. Cougar fans, who else would be good to add on our schedule?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Hazard, Somerset, Pike county central, Berea,Sheldon Clark I can not thank of the rest but we have 6 at home 4 on away.
You will play sheldon Clark
Looks good. I heard McCracken Co was on our schedule.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Schedule is not on khsaa but will be soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I talked with someone from KHSAA and she said the schedules won't be posted until Spring. Does anyone know of Letcher's schedule?
Post number 39 tells us who we play. I think we also play Mcrcken Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The LCC job has to be the worst job available. The program is on a downfall and will only get worse. Kids dont want to play there. I heard some good Fleming-Neon players are going to Jenkins instead of LCC. Anyone know who they are?
Yea boy.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Post number 39 tells us who we play. I think we also play Mcrcken Co.

Why would you play a team that's all the way in Western KY? What's the latest on the head coaching search?
DC had roots in that area. With Super out, unknown now.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Looks good. I heard McCracken Co was on our schedule.

McCracken County? That's just too funny,Johnson Central has been trying forever to get a game with Letcher Central and we're little over an hour away. The gate would be huge but the brass at Letcher would rather their team travel and play a team on the other side of the state.
jenkinsman10 Wrote:The LCC job has to be the worst job available. The program is on a downfall and will only get worse. Kids dont want to play there. I heard some good Fleming-Neon players are going to Jenkins instead of LCC. Anyone know who they are?

I disagree,the Letcher Central job is a good job. There's athletic talent in Letcher County and they're in 5A thanks to their athletic director. I would much rather be in 3A or 5A in the east than to be in 4A.
Don Carlo Wrote:McCracken County? That's just too funny,Johnson Central has been trying forever to get a game with Letcher Central and we're little over an hour away. The gate would be huge but the brass at Letcher would rather their team travel and play a team on the other side of the state.

I agree what you are saying. I think they are doing that to help this first year school. We remember when we consolidated, and needed some games to get our season started. Johnson Central would be a great game.Who knows! Maybe with the new coach we will get some good rivalry games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree what you are saying. I think they are doing that to help this first year school. We remember when we consolidated, and needed some games to get our season started. Johnson Central would be a great game.Who knows! Maybe with the new coach we will get some good rivalry games.
You are not helping out McCracken. You are a sacrificial lamb.
Any news on the new coach? With Anna Craft stepping down, how does this affect the hiring process?
I think that will be her last thing she is a part of. Her retirement doesn't take effect until June 30th. A coach will be hired then. Don't know if that will effect the coach or potential canadates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Is LCC really playing Berea?
I think so!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

LCC must of reached way down in their pocketbook. Sources are telling me that Mike Holcomb of Breathitt Co may be the next head coach for LCC. Although he would be crazy to leave Breathitt Co because they pay him more than enough and he has been there for 30 years. Sources also tell me that it is a package deal for Holcomb and Deny Fugate (BHS basketball Coach). Fugate would get the head basketball coach at LCC. Also it as been said that Wes Noble the outstanding reciever in football, and one of the top guards in the 14th region maybe enrolled there next year. I know that Mike Holcomb has almost left BHS before, in the late 90's he put in for the Madison Central job twice, he also try to make the jump to the college rank when he put in for the LWC job. Holcomb I think want to see if he can still get them big jobs and then at the last second he always decides to stay at Breathitt Co. But this time is different I really think deep down he is gone this time.
Your sources are incorrect. Fugate will not be the basketball coach at LCC. Holcomb would have been the coach until the recent Super and board changes. We will see in what direction the football job goes.
She doesn't leave till June 30th. He could still come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:She doesn't leave till June 30th. He could still come.

That's a big hang up. Getting hired by one super, only to work for another always causes for some hesitancy.

Granted, the admin you work for could change no matter where you are, but when it's as obvious as this (already set in stone there will be a change), then it raises some eyebrows. As it should.