Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Breathitt County 20
Is he good for this weekend?
Spud6 Wrote:Is he good for this weekend?

I would guess not. I would say he is done for the year. He just came back a week or so ago from a concussion from the Ashland game.
Hate to hear this! Especially if he's a senior! Praying for him
He is a junior.
^Thats good to hear!
Nv
Got to go watch this game, the trent boy played like he was a freashman not a senior
horse Wrote:Got to go watch this game, the trent boy played like he was a freashman not a senior
Hogwash. Trent played well, he is the toughest scrambler to bring down I have seen in a long time. Belfry defense made the adjustments they needed to make and they contained him after the first quarter. But you can't blame Trent for that.
Belfry flat out whipped Breathitt's butt in this game. Belfry weathered the first quarter and then the Pirate defensive front started keeping their rush lanes so that Trent couldn't flush and take off. In the first quarter Belfry's D played to react, but once they got into the flow of the game, they attacked and were far more aggressive when Breathitt called running plays for Trent.

From the second quarter on, Belfry's O-line should get a ton of credit. They spanked BC and controlled the football game.

Sani Warren played very well. It was nice to see Belfry run the option as well as they did. Offensively the Pirates really executed. 0 turnovers is always nice to see too. Go Belfry
All i can say is WOW. Belfry absolutely man handled Breathitt. #5 Austin Hatfield was the "Beast from the East". I would love to know how many yards this kid had after contact. It seemed as if he would literally drive 5-10 yards after contact on each carry.

The Belfry defense had the perfect game plan for Trent and company. Great containment and coverage all night. This is not the same Belfry team i seen play against Prestonsburg or Johnson Central.

Great game by Belfry as a team period!!! After seeing the way this team is playing, i honestly believe they will be bringing a trophy home from Bowling Green. This year it will NOT be the runner up trophy.

Good luck to Trent, Shouse, and the rest of the Bobcat seniors.

Good luck to the Pirates this week as they will face a very scary Bourbon team.

You will have this Blackcat Fan pulling for you all the way.
Great post Blackcat, classy support from one of Belfry's biggest rivals.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Great post Blackcat, classy support from one of Belfry's biggest rivals.

Thanks. I respect the Belfry program tremendously. We are rivals when we play, but i support you guys on your playoff run every year. I actually attended this game and i must say it was the first time i have ever set on the home side, and i loved it. The view was great and i talked to a few Belfry fans that was very nice.

I will be their supporting you guys again this week.
All Breathitt done in the first quarter was make Belfry mad, Breathitt had not played a good schedule and it showed I said all year Blfry was the best team in Easter Kentucky them and Harlan,cent and Hazard are the only 3 left.
bhs12 Wrote:Not this year. But John Paul Has NEVER & Will NEVER beat Holcomb. LOL He just ain't good enough. LOL
John Paul :worthy: Holcomb :1:

Ballboy Banger you're not worthy enough to handle Richard Trent's balls, let alone speak Richard Trent's name. The only joke I see here is a 40yr old man talking smack on the interntet (cause he'd whip ur @$$ if u said it to his face) about a teenager who happens to be one of the best players in the state. When you, Banger, in high school couldn't play dead. So the joke's on u boy, only thing is it aint funny. It's just sad. Oh yeah, it looks like ur daddy JP won't be back at PCC, now's the time to apply for that ballboy job at belfry you always wanted!!!

Richard Trent is an outstanding young man.....and I hope that you aren't one of the Coaches because he definitely deserves to be around better than you and your mouth.....And, by the way, I wouldn't be talking about someone else talking smack on the internet....talking about the pot calling the kettle black. What do you think that you are doing....or are you just special....haha! One more thing.....John Paul is at Pike Central now.....are you afraid he's going to come back and take your number 2 position? Grow up! Some people have to work for a living.....a real job.....Not all of us live at home with our mommas....and "deal". You are a real fine example for these boys.......Not!
clueless Wrote:Richard Trent is an outstanding young man.....and I hope that you aren't one of the Coaches because he definitely deserves to be around better than you and your mouth.....And, by the way, I wouldn't be talking about someone else talking smack on the internet....talking about the pot calling the kettle black. What do you think that you are doing....or are you just special....haha! One more thing.....John Paul is at Pike Central now.....are you afraid he's going to come back and take your number 2 position? Grow up! Some people have to work for a living.....a real job.....Not all of us live at home with our mommas....and "deal". You are a real fine example for these boys.......Not!

FYI... Clueless. Luckily for Trent I"m not a coach, just a fan & supporter of team thats tired of some guy running his mouth about the players especially one that doesn't play at pcc no more. Why would a grown man get on here & try to rub losing the biggest game in these kids life right in their face. Wanted to give him taste of his own medicine & went too far. Everyone in breathitt would say chapman's best coach to walk sideline other than holcomb. That being said, I don't think anyone on breathitt staff has much to worry about chapman taking their spot after what happened couple weeks ago. Parents, not happy. And before you start accusing any of breathitt's coaches as being poor role models, with what's happened at pcc last few years u miight need to take a good look in the mirror and I'll leave that at that.
I thought this was a very clean game in terms of sportmanship. Both sides played the game with class from start to finish.

Was pleased to see that.
Great game Pirates!!! Great job O and D line. Belfry's mainstay for years is their ability to change the LOS. Get as complicated or tricky as you like but most of the time games are won in the trenches. That was the case Friday night. Wanted to give praise to those guys up front on both sides of the ball. Great game Sani and Great game Austin!! Thank your guys up front though. They will be the difference this Fri as well.
Also a big Congrats on a great career to Richard Trent! You have been another great QB and competitor in a long line of greats from Breathitt. Congrats and Good luck on all your future endeavors. Also a big Congrats to Cory Shouse on a great career. A career full of big hits and big plays. Got to see you many times in orange and blue and although not colors I like very much, you were always a kid I enjoyed watching play the game. Good luck on your future as well.
Messer #23 and Carr #7 from Belfry layin the wood to Shouse and Trent!! :Clap:

Belfry must be the real deal. I agree the schedule they played was tougher than Breathitt's and it must have payed off, I was shocked when i heard the final of this game, was expecting a barn burner...