Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Hazard, Somerset, and Harlan County fans...
As I read this I can hear a Banjoe for a minute then it turns into the theme to the Beverly Hill Billy's

I like seeing the regional support and I know I will be pulling for my western neighbors. I don't get the adoption of Sommetset though. It is no more mountain than Lexington is
Once you pass Mt. Vernon on I-75 Mountain folks are looked down on, sur didn't hurt our Coal money building Lexington and Louisville! I lived in Richmond for 8 years and travelled to Ohio and Indiana to visit family and was always treated like trash just because if the way I talked! You want to get my blood pumping you start that hillbilly crap and you'll say oh you're from Eastern Kentucky sorry about that, we'll you can bet I'll make you sorry about it!!!! No better place in the world....JACK!
mysonis55 Wrote:Well gut that makes sense when we would have to drive 6-8 hours for each of those games. Ask yourselves this if you are so great and don't think this is the reason, do you think your coaches want to travel to Bowling Green, Warren Central, Mayfield, Lou Central, Graves County, Murray, McCracken Co and Pafucah Tilghman next year. Come on any mountain team and see how that works out for you.

The drive is part of the mythical magic of the mountains as you like to call it.
Patriot Wrote:Once you pass Mt. Vernon on I-75 Mountain folks are looked down on, sur didn't hurt our Coal money building Lexington and Louisville! I lived in Richmond for 8 years and travelled to Ohio and Indiana to visit family and was always treated like trash just because if the way I talked! You want to get my blood pumping you start that hillbilly crap and you'll say oh you're from Eastern Kentucky sorry about that, we'll you can bet I'll make you sorry about it!!!! No better place in the world....JACK!

Nice Si Robertson.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well bear, I guess the fact that I'm not picking you guys to win just yet has you upset, oh well. My point is you guys get on here with this crazy mountain talk every year and its no different than any other region. It gets very annoying. That's the same crap we heard a few weeks ago on the middle school site until butler co put a beat down on a mountain team. This mystical mountain crap is way over rated. Hazard may win, but It won't be because they are from the mountains. It will be because they are hazard and they worked hard for it. As far as your ignorant, yes I said ignorant which means you have absolutely no knowledge on this subject, statement that we would even be a top 5 team we will never know because it would be impossible to drive there every week to play. If you are tired of me quit talking stupid talk and just root for a team because they are a team you like. Don't think we buy into the mystical mountain crap.

Nobody cares who you are picking to win. Part of the fun is the speculation. I'm not sure what the "crazy mountain talk" is, to be honest with you. If it's so annoying to you, why expend the energy to make the decision to visit and read the posts in this thread? Mystical mountain crap is way over rated, but I see no one but you using the term.

Now, I don't have to stop posting just because you don't like what I'm saying furthermore, I don't have to take your direction on how I choose a team to root for and support.

I'm still confused as to why you sound so angry.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well gut that makes sense when we would have to drive 6-8 hours for each of those games. Ask yourselves this if you are so great and don't think this is the reason, do you think your coaches want to travel to Bowling Green, Warren Central, Mayfield, Lou Central, Graves County, Murray, McCracken Co and Pafucah Tilghman next year. Come on any mountain team and see how that works out for you.

We are quite used to driving to find opponents with the intestinal fortitude to play us. We've traveled to teams in our area, in Tennessee and Virginia so I can relate to how hard it is to drive 2 hours, watch a game and drive home. There were many times this year when we wouldn't make in home in time to watch Sports Overtime.
Sad
mysonis55 Wrote:The point here is that there are very good teams from one end of the state to the other and it has absolutely nothing to do with where they are other than in Warren Co, Lexington and Louisville areas. The reason their have a better chance is the population gives them more talented kids to choose from. We are all the state of Ky.

I've re-read this thread twice, and saw no one saying that there weren't very good teams from one end of the state to the other. The area in which a team plays can and does lend itself to pride and community.

Thanks to Obama, this area is depressed both economically and socially. I find it quite refreshing that the Black Bear nation has chosen to come together to support SOMETHING. And I'm thankful that their choice is the kids of Harlan County.
I live in this part of kentucky and I want to say I'm proud of it. My family is not originally from this area but we moved here when I was about 11 years old. When I first got here I didn't get it either but I,m 34 now and I totaly get it. When you get here you immediately feel something from people that you don't get anywhere else, even from strangers on the street who you never met. People in this area are very proud and very hard working and very kind to other people. They are never to busy to say hello or howdy even if they don't know you and a lot would give you the shirt off their back if they thaught you needed it. People will cook food and then go share it with their neighbors. I for one don't even lock my doors on my car or house in the neighborhood I live in and have never felt the need to yet. This is not to say that you don't have this in other places in this state or country but it is just different here. I know that it's nothing like this where my family is from! When I got here I thaught it had something to do with the mountains but I now think it has very little do do with the mountains and more to do with the people who were born and grew up around the mountains. You would just never get it unless you lived here.:welcome:

Would give anything for someone to be able to re-do this and say Belfry. Such a legit song.
^^^^^^^^^^
I bet someone could get former Pburg star Nick Jamerson to write a Belfry football anthem. His band Sundy Best is taking off and he had a ton of respect for the Pirate program in his playing days, and subsequently the Pond Creek Nation always respected him.

How awesome would it be to have Sundy Best doing a pre- game concert Friday at CAM?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I live in this part of kentucky and I want to say I'm proud of it. My family is not originally from this area but we moved here when I was about 11 years old. When I first got here I didn't get it either but I,m 34 now and I totaly get it. When you get here you immediately feel something from people that you don't get anywhere else, even from strangers on the street who you never met. People in this area are very proud and very hard working and very kind to other people. They are never to busy to say hello or howdy even if they don't know you and a lot would give you the shirt off their back if they thaught you needed it. People will cook food and then go share it with their neighbors. I for one don't even lock my doors on my car or house in the neighborhood I live in and have never felt the need to yet. This is not to say that you don't have this in other places in this state or country but it is just different here. I know that it's nothing like this where my family is from! When I got here I thaught it had something to do with the mountains but I now think it has very little do do with the mountains and more to do with the people who were born and grew up around the mountains. You would just never get it unless you lived here.:welcome:

You just described WKY where I live
Or Brad Paisley at Coal Miners Memorial stadium? That would be great!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:You just described WKY where I live

I do envy you guys out west. I would live on Ky lake. Beautiful area out west and the people have always been very nice.
We respect Mayfield! PERIOD! That stupid 55 guy buts in on every thread! If he don't want to hear it ( read it) then go to another thread! PERIOD! Go bulldogs!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^
I bet someone could get former Pburg star Nick Jamerson to write a Belfry football anthem. His band Sundy Best is taking off and he had a ton of respect for the Pirate program in his playing days, and subsequently the Pond Creek Nation always respected him.

How awesome would it be to have Sundy Best doing a pre- game concert Friday at CAM?

HC should get a couple of the coal companies together so they could pay for Brad Paisley to come out an do there intro in person.
MayfieldCardinal
Scout Team
Liked 40 Times in 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Do-double-gg
I live in this part of kentucky and I want to say I'm proud of it. My family is not originally from this area but we moved here when I was about 11 years old. When I first got here I didn't get it either but I,m 34 now and I totaly get it. When you get here you immediately feel something from people that you don't get anywhere else, even from strangers on the street who you never met. People in this area are very proud and very hard working and very kind to other people. They are never to busy to say hello or howdy even if they don't know you and a lot would give you the shirt off their back if they thaught you needed it. People will cook food and then go share it with their neighbors. I for one don't even lock my doors on my car or house in the neighborhood I live in and have never felt the need to yet. This is not to say that you don't have this in other places in this state or country but it is just different here. I know that it's nothing like this where my family is from! When I got here I thaught it had something to do with the mountains but I now think it has very little do do with the mountains and more to do with the people who were born and grew up around the mountains. You would just never get it unless you lived here.

I've been to WKY and I know you have good people also but it still is not the same as in the mountains! Trust me if you came here to live just for a little bit you would see and feel what I'm talking about.:welcome:
Do-double-gg Wrote:MayfieldCardinal
Scout Team
Liked 40 Times in 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Do-double-gg
I live in this part of kentucky and I want to say I'm proud of it. My family is not originally from this area but we moved here when I was about 11 years old. When I first got here I didn't get it either but I,m 34 now and I totaly get it. When you get here you immediately feel something from people that you don't get anywhere else, even from strangers on the street who you never met. People in this area are very proud and very hard working and very kind to other people. They are never to busy to say hello or howdy even if they don't know you and a lot would give you the shirt off their back if they thaught you needed it. People will cook food and then go share it with their neighbors. I for one don't even lock my doors on my car or house in the neighborhood I live in and have never felt the need to yet. This is not to say that you don't have this in other places in this state or country but it is just different here. I know that it's nothing like this where my family is from! When I got here I thaught it had something to do with the mountains but I now think it has very little do do with the mountains and more to do with the people who were born and grew up around the mountains. You would just never get it unless you lived here.

I've been to WKY and I know you have good people also but it still is not the same as in the mountains! Trust me if you came here to live just for a little bit you would see and feel what I'm talking about.:welcome:

Actually, I have and both remind me of each other from the people being gernerous and kind. I found it to be very similar. Anyway, Im out of here and back to a thread that has somthing to do with my Cards
Is Somerset considered a mountain school? I've always lumped them and Danville in the same area
I would hope that any area would cheer for a local team no matter what area of the state. Me being from nky, Loved traveling to parts of the state that I've never been too.
Whitley County 2008 was one cold game but really nice people to chat with. Harlan County 2010 from the thread on here was the opposite when we were in town. Reminded me when I was young watching UK basketball thinking the whole state shuts down when there playing. Thats how it felt in town In Harlan. Johnson Central 08-09-10 If we didn't play them I would say they make in to the semifinals in 08 and 10. 2009 I could of seen them at state.

From what Little I know from the teams still left from the Mountains.
Have to go with Hazard because I went to a small school. Would like to see them match up with wood.
Ncc vs Somerset IMO the winner will that state.
So I'll meet you half way:
Go Pirates & Bulldogs
As for the cooper and Harlan County I'll say good Luck. Two young schools deep in the playoffs. Don't say to yourself that your just happy too be here. Your one game away! Make it Happen!

One last thing if you have seen it or heard it Now is the time to check it out

Play like its your last....Because Friday coming!
toussaints Wrote:Is Somerset considered a mountain school? I've always lumped them and Danville in the same area

Yes.
Alright several of you all just pointed out exactly what I said, we are all from Ky. The point is we go through a whole week of hearing how Central cannot win on the magical Log Mountain, then they do. Now we get a thread on here about the dominate Mountain teams bringing back 4 state championships. The point that I am trying to make is you do not see people from Louisville area, Northern Ky area, Western Ky area or any others boasting such things and believe me, by far the Lou area teams would by far win that battle. We dont care where the team is from. I have been on here many many times backing Hazard (from the mountain area), Beechwood (from N Ky), Bowling Green (from somewhat western Ky). That is the point I would like to make. Now if that is not enough to make you understand how rediculous this is then maybe this is. The last 10 years have been the most productive for these teams you call mountain teams. These are the stats for the Magical Mountain Teams during that time.
3-6 or 33% I do not know the stats of any of the other areas and I don't care. I just dont hear that kind of boasting out of anyone from any other areas.:thanks:
We just said we'd be cheering for each other. Not that we'd bring home 4 titles, just that we'd be cheering. And really? Coachdad's post congratulating Louisville schools isn't the same? There's no problem with it, but when the rest of the state and this site and this site kinda thinks you suck you wanna put a little pride into these mountains. And you've yet to explain your use of the word magical. Log Mountain IS a tough place to play ...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

Have 'em come play the tailgate at least! LOL, I figured Nick would hate us because I THINK his last game was against us?
I like to see threads wishing luck to the teams in your area, no matter the region of Kentucky that is. I enjoy the Louisville and NKY threads just as much as this one. Let's me know our site is diversifying. That said, GO PIRATES, GO DAWGS, GO BLACK BEARS, and of course this goes without saying, GO JUMPERS!!!!!
mysonis55 Wrote:Now we get a thread on here about the dominate Mountain teams bringing back 4 state championships. The point that I am trying to make is you do not see people from Louisville area, Northern Ky area, Western Ky area or any others boasting such things. I do not know the stats of any of the other areas and I don't care. I just dont hear that kind of boasting out of anyone from any other areas.:thanks:

Wtf! Do you not see the thread "Northern Kentucky Football!" Where everyone says they WILL bring home 4 state champs?! Difference is, we are all just wishing our Mountain Teams GOOD LUCK and HOPING they do. It's a fun, regional thing. We banter all season against each other and I think it's great to band together in support. YOU SOUND JEALOUS! And yes, Somerset is considered the Mountains. Go mountains, Go Jumpers!
RoShamBo Wrote:I like to see threads wishing luck to the teams in your area, no matter the region of Kentucky that is. I enjoy the Louisville and NKY threads just as much as this one. Let's me know our site is diversifying. That said, GO PIRATES, GO DAWGS, GO BLACK BEARS, and of course this goes without saying, GO JUMPERS!!!!!

RoShamBo!!! How are our boys doing???
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Wtf! Do you not see the thread "Northern Kentucky Football!" Where everyone says they WILL bring home 4 state champs?! Difference is, we are all just wishing our Mountain Teams GOOD LUCK and HOPING they do. It's a fun, regional thing. We banter all season against each other and I think it's great to band together in support. YOU SOUND JEALOUS! And yes, Somerset is considered the Mountains. Go mountains, Go Jumpers!

I was just about to remind mysonis55 that the Northern Kentucky Football thread was started before this one. The first post talks about how "down" mountain football is and the same poster later compares the two programs by state wins. Sure sounded like it was trying to be made into a competition to me, but I'm glad this thread is more about support and the kids.

I was also surprised NOT to see any posts by mysonis55 on that thread. After all, more is certainly being done there to separate the areas than on here. I'm not trying to separate anything; just pulling for my Black Bears and the mountain teams (including Somerset) that are still in contention.

It's possible that no mountain teams make it to state, but for the first time in a very long time not 1 but 4 have the opportunity. That's very exciting to me!!!

So, if you want to stop the separation, mysonis55, go jack the Northern Kentucky thread. If you disagree with what's being posted here, don't expend the energy to view the thread or the time to read the posts.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:HC should get a couple of the coal companies together so they could pay for Brad Paisley to come out an do there intro in person.

They are having trouble meeting payroll!!
Thank you Obama
Go Hazard! Go Somerset! Go Harlan County! Go Belfrey!
I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT SOME PEOPLE WOULD GET ON HERE AND POST THAT A TEAM LEFT DON'T HAVE A CHANCE!!!!! 4 teams left in each Class, 4 of the best in that Class and say a Team don't have a chance. WOW!!!!!