Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 27 Boyle County 16
64black&gold Wrote:Actually after reading the thread I have been mistaken. My comment on the current LexCath qb was in direct response to anothers statement as to why we lost the game. Our inability to stop the big pass play has hurt us for years. The current qb throws a nice long ball that hurt us last night and I was just glad the shorter stuff wasn't working much in the first half. After re-reading it does seem like a put down of the current qb but that was not how it was intended. I am obviously not the pres of the Bolin fan club being a Boyle fan. My statement had mostly to do with the issues that Boyle had last night and the things we needed to do to win the game.

I see. Yes, I took it as a slight to the current LexCath QB. Kyle Bolin was and still is a key team leader of the Knights and his skill and experience were initially key elements of this season for the Knights. Reese Ryan was in the role of QB in waiting and never anticipated having to fill such big shoes this year. So the fact that many wrote off LexCath and the direct comparisons where none was warranted have caused to me call out statements.

I still believe it unwise and unfair to compare the talent or skill levels of two kids head to head in such broad terms.

Boyle County had outstanding players on their team this year and the stats across the board show that. Including the QB stats. But so many players were going both ways. Too many. I am sure if you look at the stats of first quarters vs forth quarters for this years Boyle you will see the impact of a 'short bench'.

I want to see all these kids do well and have a chance to play at the next level if they want. Their accomplishments should be highlighted far more than any real or perceived shortcomings in these forums. You never know if a perspective college coach is lurking.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:You also said we'd lose to Russell. Didn't see you bragging about that after the game.

I never said you would lose to Russell. At no point did I ever type anything like that and you can go back to the thread and look. I did pick Russell to win and it was very close. All I said was, you were putting just a little to much stock in streingth of schedule and that this game would be very close and I was right on. You have 2 post on this thread and all you did is attack people on their comments. You sound like a person who is a sore loser:lame:
Boyle fans get all worked up when they lose. I guess at least they care.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I never said you would lose to Russell. At no point did I ever type anything like that and you can go back to the thread and look. I did pick Russell to win and it was very close. All I said was, you were putting just a little to much stock in streingth of schedule and that this game would be very close and I was right on. You sound like a person who is a sore loser:lame:
You sound exactly like a crapy politician... WTH did you say then? Never mind... You keep on making crap up. What a worthless waste of time... Mine and yours. That is all I have.
Lake Trash Wrote:You sound exactly like a crapy politician... WTH did you say then? Never mind... You keep on making crap up. What a worthless waste of time... Mine and yours. That is all I have.

Do-double-gg
Scout Team

Liked 144 Times in 112 Posts

I'm not saying that Boyle isn't better now then when they got those losses because I think they are, but you want to talk so much about the Russell schedule. Corect me if I'm wrong but don't you think your second half schedule was a little week. Hey now that I think about it that is about when Boyle started to turn things around.

I think you are a waste of your oun time!:lmao: Like I said, I did not say that Boyle would lose to Russell!!
Do-double-gg
Scout Team

I don't know what to think about this game. My heart thinks Russell but my brain thinks Boyle. A lot of people say that the O is the best thing for Boyle this year. If this game turns out as a score fest then I like Russell because they can flat out put the points on the scoreboard.

This is another of my post on the Russell-Boyle thread. Again nothing like Boyle will lose to Russell.Confusednicker:Confusednicker::Shaking:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I never said you would lose to Russell. At no point did I ever type anything like that and you can go back to the thread and look. I did pick Russell to win and it was very close. All I said was, you were putting just a little to much stock in streingth of schedule and that this game would be very close and I was right on. You have 2 post on this thread and all you did is attack people on their comments. You sound like a person who is a sore loser:lame:

Yeah, most of the time I just read and laugh at the ignorance. Sometime I respond.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle fans get all worked up when they lose. I guess at least they care.

No they don't. Some just take offense to load mouths like you bashing our team, especially after a tough loss. You may of thrashed us for a whole game, and we may have put two halves together like the first half we played at your place, and sent you packing. Who's to say? You are once again on a Boyle thread running your mouth about Highlands. That's what people get tired of.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Yeah, most of the time I just read and laugh at the ignorance. Sometime I respond.

:dudecomeon:

Then what was the point in putting out a false claim that I was trash talking about Russell beating Boyle???:Shaking::igiveup: I give up, I was wrong your not a sore loser. I was just kidding......"or was I"???

:pondering:
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:No they don't. Some just take offense to load mouths like you bashing our team, especially after a tough loss. You may of thrashed us for a whole game, and we may have put two halves together like the first half we played at your place, and sent you packing. Who's to say? You are once again on a Boyle thread running your mouth about Highlands. That's what people get tired of.

This is a free public message board. When I said I picked this one it was not a jab at your team. If you look at some threads of other games I said this same thing. It was all about the football pick'em and my competition in the pick'em and had nothing to do with you or Boyle County! FOR PETE'S SAKE
Do-double-gg Wrote:I called itConfusednicker:

Should have bet the farm.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This is a free public message board. When I said I picked this one it was not a jab at your team. If you look at some threads of other games I said this same thing. It was all about the football pick'em and my competition in the pick'em and had nothing to do with you or Boyle County! FOR PETE'S SAKE

And, for Pete's sake, if you take time to look, I wasn't responding to you. Wasn't that obvious?
Do-double-gg Wrote::dudecomeon:

Then what was the point in putting out a false claim that I was trash talking about Russell beating Boyle???:Shaking::igiveup: I give up, I was wrong your not a sore loser. I was just kidding......"or was I"???

:pondering:

I never said you were trash talking, I simply said you picked Russell to beat us. Whether you said we'd lose to Russell or you said Russell would win, it's kinda the same thing the way I understand it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Do-double-gg
Scout Team

I don't know what to think about this game. My heart thinks Russell but my brain thinks Boyle. A lot of people say that the O is the best thing for Boyle this year. If this game turns out as a score fest then I like Russell because they can flat out put the points on the scoreboard.

This is another of my post on the Russell-Boyle thread. Again nothing like Boyle will lose to Russell.Confusednicker:Confusednicker::Shaking:

I think you need to go back to the Russell thread again and check. Look up the at poll and see your pick, and to go along with your bet the farm quote on Russell putting up 28 your 1 for 3 over the last two weeks with your Rebel predictions. Nothing to toot your horn over. :dontthink

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pol...ollid=3841
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:I never said you were trash talking, I simply said you picked Russell to beat us. Whether you said we'd lose to Russell or you said Russell would win, it's kinda the same thing the way I understand it.

Ok!!! I'm thinking that at this point maybe I just wasn't clear enough. "I NEVER AT ANY POINT IN THE RUSSELL-BOYLE THREAD MADE A PREDICTION ON WHO WOULD WIN". I picked Russell to win in my football pick'em competition because I was in 3rd place and wanted to try and catch up with the leaders and in the pole as I said earlier. If I was in the lead I would probably pick Boyle because it was the smart pick. I did predict that this game would be close and that Russell was a lot better then people think and I was good on that prediction.:Shaking::igiveup::why:
Rebel55 Wrote:I think you need to go back to the Russell thread again and check. Look up the at poll and see your pick, and to go along with your bet the farm quote on Russell putting up 28 your 1 for 3 over the last two weeks with your Rebel predictions. Nothing to toot your horn over. :dontthink
This is true but I did not think this game would be so low scoring so you got me on that one.
^
:truestory:
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:I never said you were trash talking, I simply said you picked Russell to beat us. Whether you said we'd lose to Russell or you said Russell would win, it's kinda the same thing the way I understand it.

Ultimaterebelfan
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Do-double-gg
I called it

You also said we'd lose to Russell. Didn't see you bragging about that after the game.

I think we can all read between the lines and see what your tone and point was when you made this post so just go with it, don't back down now.:biglmao:
HAHAHAHAHA! I love this stuff! You guys don't know me but this is just how I do things. I love football especially, high school football and I love when I see a thread heating up. I will do anything to keep it going and I love it when people single me out.:Thumbs:
Congradulations Catholic. I hope you win next week and also win the state title. Boyle will not defeat the best teams until they get more players. I've said this all year. They led Catholic in both games and they led Highlands. The same boys just cannot play both sides of the ball and hold up for the entire game.
rick2517 Wrote:Congradulations Catholic. I hope you win next week and also win the state title. Boyle will not defeat the best teams until they get more players. I've said this all year. They led Catholic in both games and they led Highlands. The same boys just cannot play both sides of the ball and hold up for the entire game.

Had 104 players in 09 and about 85 in '10. Sr. class is good size and freshman class isnt bad. But going back to youth ball this years Soph and Jr classes have always been small. Just not many football players in those classes, never has been. If we were losing a ton of players every year I would worry more I guess. We just hit a low spot. That is why I don't like the khsaa's new 4 year alignment system. I prefer the 2 year deal. Class sizes can change a bunch in 2 years. Oh well, gotta play the best to be the best so it doesnt really matter which class you are in. We didn't get it done. Congrats to those still playing.
Was this the last game for Coach French? I've been hearing he wants to retire and does this pave the way for Chuck Smith to return to the Boyle sideline?
Some photos from Friday.

Knights come out of the tunnel

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...1556-S.jpg]

Burke scores on opening drive

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...1684-S.jpg]
Burke scores again

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...1940-S.jpg]

David Bouvier scores on opening drive of 2nd half

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...crop-S.jpg]
Kumengisa gets Knights 2nd TD

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...2238-S.jpg]

Noah Mitchell scores last TD of the night.

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...2367-S.jpg]
Bluegrasscard Wrote:NUC would disagree. He was top sophomore in the country in Oklahoma city.

Agree
TongueirateSho
Seniors hoist the Region trophy

[Image: http://www.mesmerphoto.com/LCFootb/2012-...crop-S.jpg]
So nobody else thinks it's in extremely poor taste (or should be against the rules) for the PA announcer to be doing play by play during game action?

In fairness, he was doing it for both teams, but it just seems wrong for him to be calling on-field plays so the defense knows what's going on.
know1 Wrote:So nobody else thinks it's in extremely poor taste (or should be against the rules) for the PA announcer to be doing play by play during game action?

In fairness, he was doing it for both teams, but it just seems wrong for him to be calling on-field plays so the defense knows what's going on.

I personally never noticed the P.A. doing this but according to other posters he did. I know this man and I'm sure there was no malice involved but someone (maybe myself) needs to inform him of it