Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 27 Boyle County 16
Final
Congrats to the Knights. Came back in the 2nd half to win it.

IMO

The turning point was at beginning of 4th Quarter.

Rebels complete big pass for first down at LC 20 and down 20-16.

Flag on Rebels and pushes them back near mid-field. Can't convert. Punt it back and LC controls it from there.

HUGE momentum shift.
Very impressed with the efforts of BC tonight. I thought they had a very good gameplan from start to finish. A few more catches on a cold night, no telling what the outcome would have been.

Congrats to LC for advancing to the next round. 2nd half intensity and focus was at a very high level. When these 2 meet up you know you are in for a treat....
Congrats Lex cath.Imo Boyle started folding up the tent after LC scored thier second td in the 3rd quarter, one of the biggest meltdowns in Boyle co. football history . this may sound strange,but LC maybe better after Bolin got hurt.good luck next week.
Congrats to LexCath they earned the victory. Proud of the Rebels. Lost our Safety (again) with 3rd broken collarbone this season. Hellyer was 3 year starter who only got about 4 games total in this year. Really hate that for a great kid. On a side note I don't think this kid is half the qb Bolin is.
I called itConfusednicker:
64black&gold Wrote:Congrats to LexCath they earned the victory. Proud of the Rebels. Lost our Safety (again) with 3rd broken collarbone this season. Hellyer was 3 year starter who only got about 4 games total in this year. Really hate that for a great kid. On a side note I don't think this kid is half the qb Bolin is.

NUC would disagree. He was top sophomore in the country in Oklahoma city.
I am still trying to figure out how anyone thought Boyle would score 28 or more points on the Knights.
Three big differences in the game:

1. Lexington Catholic's defensive front dominated the line.

2. Boyle's QB reverted to being not very accurate like he was most of last year and the first part of this one.

3. Boyle went to a long passing game instead of short timing routes. The 5 to 7 yard pass to the sidelines worked every time they tried it.

Seph Burke played a heck of a game

One question: Should the PA announcer really be doing pay by play during game action? Saying the QB it's back to pass while the play is developing doesn't seem right to me.
know1 Wrote:Three big differences in the game:

2. Boyle's QB reverted to being not very accurate like he was most of last year and the first part of this one.

3. Boyle went to a long passing game instead of short timing routes. The 5 to 7 yard pass to the sidelines worked every time they tried it.

One question: Should the PA announcer really be doing pay by play during game action? Saying the QB it's back to pass while the play is developing doesn't seem right to me.
A PA announcer should never be doing play by play. Its not radio. His role is to speak post play never during play.
After the butt whipping LC put on us I had a have a new respect for them. While that was certainly not our best effort, it showed that a modern passing attack is impossible to stop by teams who never see it. And for that, I hope they can beat Highlands.
Football1 Wrote:After the butt whipping LC put on us I had a have a new respect for them. While that was certainly not our best effort, it showed that a modern passing attack is impossible to stop by teams who never see it. And for that, I hope they can beat Highlands.
Birds just stopped one of the finest passing attacks in Ky. last night. I think they'll do just fine.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:NUC would disagree. He was top sophomore in the country in Oklahoma city.

I think Reese Ryan has done a great job in replacement of Bolin. I am a Kyle Bolin fan and have followed his recruitment and career. Having 2 sons that played at Catholic I have been around the program since 2000.

I dont think NUC would disagree. If you would check, NUC has Kyle rated as a top 20 player overall nationally this year. If you look back Kyle also was the top sophomore in Oklahoma but the only difference is he was the top sophomore when he was a rising freshman. I was a big supporter of UK football and still am. I think its horrible that this kid is going to Louisville, but I cant say as I blame him. Bluegrass Card it is easy to see that you are a dad who has crowned yourself as media go between for Lexington Catholic. I have noticed this in several post about middle school football and FBU. I think you should get your facts straight before you post. I am friends with the family and was told the reason the younger brother that is now at Lafayette is there because of not only the pecking order of Qbs, but because of exactly this type of jealousy from parents at Lexington Catholic (A certain few). Remember I have had 2 boys and a daughter go through Catholic. There is not a bigger fan of LC than I but lets leave personal agendas about the players out of it. I dont think you could have a better kid on the face of your program than Kyle. He has brought you national exposure on the Football field and represented Lex Cath as good as he possibly could. Your son has got exposure that he never would have gotten if not for Kyle.
Can't believe Boyle County let this one slip away.
Hey lets not over look David Bovier. This kid has the best hands as any high school player I have seen in 20 years. The kid is an animal. He can run routes change speeds love watching him play.
Football1 Wrote:A PA announcer should never be doing play by play. Its not radio. His role is to speak post play never during play.

Then somebody needs to inform LC and tell him to stop.
know1 Wrote:Three big differences in the game:

To say Lex Cath def front dominated is a bit of an overstatement. There were many plays 3 OLinemen were trying to block 4 and 5 defensive players in Lexcath's stunting D and still got 3 or 4 yards. It's hard to block 8 players with 5 or 6. Plus one of our OLinemen had a pretty rough game against one of their D ends. Personally don't remember a sack until 4th qtr when they were in full rush mode and had to pay no attention to any run plays because of the situation of being down two scores and time running out. Burke averaged 4 yards a carry.....
Bluegrasscard Wrote:NUC would disagree. He was top sophomore in the country in Oklahoma city.

I would still take Bolin everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
64black&gold Wrote:I would still take Bolin everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Of course.

But classless, baseless put downs of other players should not be allowed to stand.
catsallthetime Wrote:I think Reese Ryan has done a great job in replacement of Bolin. I am a Kyle Bolin fan and have followed his recruitment and career. Having 2 sons that played at Catholic I have been around the program since 2000.

I dont think NUC would disagree. If you would check, NUC has Kyle rated as a top 20 player overall nationally this year. If you look back Kyle also was the top sophomore in Oklahoma but the only difference is he was the top sophomore when he was a rising freshman. I was a big supporter of UK football and still am. I think its horrible that this kid is going to Louisville, but I cant say as I blame him. Bluegrass Card it is easy to see that you are a dad who has crowned yourself as media go between for Lexington Catholic. I have noticed this in several post about middle school football and FBU. I think you should get your facts straight before you post. I am friends with the family and was told the reason the younger brother that is now at Lafayette is there because of not only the pecking order of Qbs, but because of exactly this type of jealousy from parents at Lexington Catholic (A certain few). Remember I have had 2 boys and a daughter go through Catholic. There is not a bigger fan of LC than I but lets leave personal agendas about the players out of it. I dont think you could have a better kid on the face of your program than Kyle. He has brought you national exposure on the Football field and represented Lex Cath as good as he possibly could. Your son has got exposure that he never would have gotten if not for Kyle.

Comparing two kids the way that was done (not half the QB...) was wrong. Had it been some other team and other kids the statement would have been wrong to post. It was a put down and that is wrong.

I was taking absolutely nothing away from Mr. Bolin and his great accomplishments in my response. In fact I have strong supported Kyle through his career here. And have been doing so long before you joined. Not sure why this is so personal.
Let's stop with this non-sense man. LC advanced let's keep it about the team. Both young QB's have bright futures just like all of the LC Student/ATH on the roster. I truly believe that I will be watching both of these young men on Saturdays.
A little disappointed Highlands doesn't get to thrash Boyle from start to finish this time, but will be good to have a chance to see Highlands beat up on another Catholic school.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Of course.

But classless, baseless put downs of other players should not be allowed to stand.

Actually after reading the thread I have been mistaken. My comment on the current LexCath qb was in direct response to anothers statement as to why we lost the game. Our inability to stop the big pass play has hurt us for years. The current qb throws a nice long ball that hurt us last night and I was just glad the shorter stuff wasn't working much in the first half. After re-reading it does seem like a put down of the current qb but that was not how it was intended. I am obviously not the pres of the Bolin fan club being a Boyle fan. My statement had mostly to do with the issues that Boyle had last night and the things we needed to do to win the game.
BTW, I think Mr. Football winner Jeff Duggins was better than Boyle Co. QB Brandon Smith. Both multi State Championship Winning QB's at BC. And they were both better than Boone Goldsmith and Devin Hale. Both also won State Titles playing QB for Boyle. That doesn't mean I am not fans of all four or that I think any of them were not any good. It just means I think out of the four that Jeff Duggins was the best. Pretty sure I am allowed to think one player is better than the other.
64black&gold Wrote:Congrats to LexCath they earned the victory. Proud of the Rebels. Lost our Safety (again) with 3rd broken collarbone this season. Hellyer was 3 year starter who only got about 4 games total in this year. Really hate that for a great kid. On a side note I don't think this kid is half the qb Bolin is.

I'm not saying he's better than Bolin.i think the rest of the team has stepped up thier level of play because of Bolin being gone which has made them a better team overall.this was my point.
Ah, didn't take it that way. You may be right.
[quote=catsallthetime]I think Reese Ryan has done a great job in replacement of Bolin. I am a Kyle Bolin fan and have followed his recruitment and career. Having 2 sons that played at Catholic I have been around the program since 2000.

I dont think NUC would disagree. If you would check, NUC has Kyle rated as a top 20 player overall nationally this year. If you look back [B][B]Kyle also was the top sophomore in Oklahoma [/B][/B]but the only difference is he was the top sophomore when he was a rising freshman. I was a big supporter of UK football and still am. I think its horrible that this kid is going to Louisville, but I cant say as I blame him. Bluegrass Card it is easy to see that you are a dad who has crowned yourself as media go between for Lexington Catholic. I have noticed this in several post about middle school football and FBU. I think you should get your facts straight before you post. I am friends with the family and was told the reason the younger brother that is now at Lafayette is there because of not only the pecking order of Qbs, but because of exactly this type of jealousy from parents at Lexington Catholic (A certain few). Remember I have had 2 boys and a daughter go through Catholic. There is not a bigger fan of LC than I but lets leave personal agendas about the players out of it. I dont think you could have a better kid on the face of your program than Kyle. He has brought you national exposure on the Football field and represented Lex Cath as good as he possibly could. Your son has got exposure that he never would have gotten if not for Kyle.[/QUOTE
Stop it Kerry :igiveup:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I called itConfusednicker:

You also said we'd lose to Russell. Didn't see you bragging about that after the game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:A little disappointed Highlands doesn't get to thrash Boyle from start to finish this time, but will be good to have a chance to see Highlands beat up on another Catholic school.

Easy to run your mouth after the game. What were you saying at halftime the first game when we were up 9?
I was saying Highlands was weak on defense. They adjusted at half and scored 40 straight on you.