Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 14 Bell County 10
Final. Good hard fought game from both teams, Bell County dominated the game, with Central scoring on two 1 play drives. Bell pretty much shot themselves in the foot, again, while putting together long, sustained drives then putting the ball on the ground. Gutsy effort by Jonathan Polly for the bobcats, you could tell he put his heart and soul into this game and gave all he had. My heart truly breaks for these Bell Co. seniors tonight. Congrats to Central once again.
Told ya so way back in week 2, Bell would beat these teams around here and lose to Central, my only miss was Harlan County. Its basketball season on Log Mountain:Sad04:
Central even played without their starting QB and Central had to climb log mountain after a 4 hour drive. This was actually a little closer than I thought it would be.
tazcat Wrote:Told ya so way back in week 2, Bell would beat these teams around here and lose to Central, my only miss was Harlan County. Its basketball season on Log Mountain:Sad04:

Classy:lame:

Congrats to Central. Keep your head up Bell, good season!
Congrats to Central on the win and Bell County on the great season!
Grats to Central, showed how explosive they can be.
I am a little surprised. I thought Belll Co would win.
I would have loved to been at the contest
Congratulations Central!
tazcat Wrote:Told ya so way back in week 2, Bell would beat these teams around here and lose to Central, my only miss was Harlan County. Its basketball season on Log Mountain:Sad04:

Say, where was your team tonight? Hop off pal. You've tried your best to down Bell all year, why? Sour grapes over something?
Congrats to Louisville Central. Very well coached team with some great athletes on that team. The Bell County boys gave it all they had and just came up a little short, keep your heads up boys, played a heck of a game against a very good team.
Now to tazcat...Who is your team? I remember what you've said in the past and you are not a very classy person and that is putting it nicely. It really doesn't matter who your team is because i'm sure they don't want you as a fan to begin with. Confusedhh:
48-1 in 3A since 07.:dontthink :worthy:
Coachdad Wrote:45-1 in 3A since 07.:dontthink :worthy:

Central is a good team, tremendous athletes, great coach, that's a heck of a run. Maybe they should take a page from Highlands book and play up a class for a few years and see how they do. It'd be interesting to possibly see Highlands and Central go at it.
Coachdad Wrote:48-1 in 3A since 07.:dontthink :worthy:

Very impressive record for sure. Central is a well coached team with some very good athletes. :notworthy
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Central is a good team, tremendous athletes, great coach, that's a heck of a run. Maybe they should take a page from Highlands book and play up a class for a few years and see how they do. It'd be interesting to possibly see Highlands and Central go at it.
They plays up 3 classes every regular season , & the last time central & highlands played the bluebirds nipped the jackets 21-13 with the jackets surrendering 21 point in the 4th after being up 13-0 most of the game.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Central is a good team, tremendous athletes, great coach, that's a heck of a run. Maybe they should take a page from Highlands book and play up a class for a few years and see how they do. It'd be interesting to possibly see Highlands and Central go at it.

I can't believe we won without Gibbs ! Bravo !
Coachdad Wrote:I can't believe we won without Gibbs ! Bravo !

We've won without our starting QB all year, big deal. Congrats on the win though.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:We've won without our starting QB all year, big deal. Congrats on the win though.

You didn't win a game with this magnitude without him.
Congrats Central and good luck rest of the way and good job bobcats on a hard fought game no reason to get heads down payed your butts off central is a good team!!!!
johnnyd Wrote:You didn't win a game with this magnitude without him.
We had a freshman quarterback all year except for a game and 1 quarter, thats when our senior quarterback was injured. Our freshman quarterback did an excellent job tonight under great pressure. We are proud of our entire team on a good season.
johnnyd Wrote:You didn't win a game with this magnitude without him.
Nope, we had to throw in an unprepared Freshman with limited practice time in the middle of a game in the second game, and sustained that success all year.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:We've won without our starting QB all year, big deal. Congrats on the win though.
And he didn't play "OUR" schedule !!
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Nope, we had to throw in an unprepared Freshman with limited practice time in the middle of a game in the second game, and sustained that success all year.

He played all year. He was no spring chicken by this game. You can't use the freshman excuse. Maybe if he would have only played a few games but he played an entire season. He has played as many games as a Sophomore. Also your fan base put huge pressure on the kids all year. All that "We will be better without Oslonian crap" and "Hes got an awesome arm" so don't go south on all that now.
Very nice run, but I believe if they make it to the finals this year they will meet up against some Pirates from Pike County with some payback on their minds and WILL not let Central beat them with or without their QB in the lineup!!
johnnyd Wrote:He played all year. He was no spring chicken by this game. You can't use the freshman excuse. Maybe if he would have only played a few games but he played an entire season. He has played as many games as a Sophomore. Also your fan base put huge pressure on the kids all year. All that "We will be better without Oslonian crap" and "Hes got an awesome arm" so don't go south on all that now.
I've not seen anyone from Bell making excuses. Beaten by a terrific Central team. We are proud of the team that played this year. Would like to have seen Oslonian play the entire year injury free, but it didn't happen, Bell overcame the unfortunate injury to a fine young man and a terrific athlete. Our freshman quarterback stepped in a played a fine season and I, along with All Bell fans, are extremely proud of these young men.

Congrats to bell on a good season !
CONGRATS TO CENTRAL AS WELL !
Wish Bell would have won.
Big plays will kill a team.
Central seems to be coming back down to Earth after dominating the last few years.
Wouldnt surprise me to see them get knocked off.
Your coming back down to earth is different than most people. 48-1 is domination ! :please:
Congrats to Central on yet another win! Great season again to a tough Bell team.
Coachdad Wrote:Your coming back down to earth is different than most people. 48-1 is domination ! :please:
Totally agree! But I think he was talking about the fashion in which they have done it. Central has had teams compete with them compared to years past when they have not. Usually Central has blown out the competition and this year they have had to work a little harder for it thou. Still the class of 3A thou, IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wish Bell would have won.
Big plays will kill a team.
Central seems to be coming back down to Earth after dominating the last few years.
Wouldnt surprise me to see them get knocked off.

Point well taken, but we've had a few close games in years past some close ones were russelville one year, north oldham gave us a good game before, obviously Tilghman, belfry .
And in my honest opinion , Wayne County was one of the best 3A teams we have played since 07. The Tilgman team that beat us in 2010 by 3 @ Tilghman we played without Tim Patterson (states #1 prospect that year) & 4 year starting QB Kris King. And still coulda won.