Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want at UK?
I'll call him a scumbag.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:
When i started this i was the only Petrino lover.
I have recruited the masses, or the smart people just entered the building....either way its one of the two :biggrin:

Petrino is the only way to go.
BTW, the whole bull crap of us not interviewing and thinking about Petrino is a wash. The general consensus is Barney has to much heat on him, and a lot of "big" people want to see it.
Expect the man to atleast get a call...

It scares me sometimes that we think alike. LOL
^
:biggrin:
We only have UK's best interest at heart.
It scares me that there are two people that think like that as well.
If we was to get Houston Nutt we would be completely screwed
FBALL Wrote:It scares me that there are two people that think like that as well.

I just want to win. I was season ticket holder from 1980 until 2010 I've set through some pretty bad stuff. In those 30 years I was late to one game can't remember the year but it was Curry last year I believe and they were playing Indiana ,Kentucky get the opening kickoff marches down and kicks a fieldgoal to go up 3-0 about this time we get to our seats and the final was 3-0,it just always left bad taste in my mouth LOL.BARNHEAD price me out for what I felt was inferior product.I've said in the past I wouldn't go back until he left.But the right hire might bring some excitment to the program and my family loves going, I would probably go back.If they would take me I left Barnhead pretty nasty email when i didn't renew my tickets.HAHAHA
insideinfo Wrote:FBALL did I see somewhere today where Coach Hall was lobbying for Petrino.

insideinfo Wrote:I just want to win. I was season ticket holder from 1980 until 2010 I've set through some pretty bad stuff. In those 30 years I was late to one game can't remember the year but it was Curry last year I believe and they were playing Indiana ,Kentucky get the opening kickoff marches down and kicks a fieldgoal to go up 3-0 about this time we get to our seats and the final was 3-0,it just always left bad taste in my mouth LOL.BARNHEAD price me out for what I felt was inferior product.I've said in the past I wouldn't go back until he left.But the right hire might bring some excitment to the program and my family loves going, I would probably go back.If they would take me I left Barnhead pretty nasty email when i didn't renew my tickets.HAHAHA

I was at UK and had a lot of friends on the football team when Curry was there. Some of it was Brutal. But all of his players really liked Curry. He was a good guy much like Joker. But also like now the fan base went stagnant on him. When you lose the fans it's time to change.

I want to win to too. But I cannot stomach handing over the program to a man that has no conscience or basic sense of what is right.

I still say offer Peterson or Sumlin what ever they want. At least take a stab at it. Bring in a young enthusiastic coach that everybody can get behind. Petrino is damaged and too divisive.
FBALL Wrote:It scares me that there are two people that think like that as well.

The general consensus right now is theres more people wanting Petrino than not.
Luckily we have the 3 or 4 who dont on this site to create discussion...
I doubt there are more that want him than not. But it sounds good for argument sake.
Listen guys, I am going to be honest. If we can get Kirby Smart and he can bring some great players here then fine. If we can bring the offensive coordinator from Florida here and he can bring some great players here then fine. If those two will not come to UK, then Petrino is the only other coach out there. Here is why! To win in the SEC, and be a top 25 or above here is what you need.

Great Players
Great Players,and as Coach Cal said the last one is great player. When was the last 4or5 star recruit that came to UK. We get any of these coach, and there is a chance to get James Quick, Ryan Timmonds, and more great players.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Its a whole lot more than 2 people sir!!!!
I like Petrino, but the possibility of him leaving after bringing us up, just to cause us to be back where we are now scares me. We really do want a full time coach, not just a 3 seasons and done. Recruits will hiatus hard if he leaves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Its a whole lot more than 2 people sir!!!!

That's a shame.
Strikeout King Wrote:If we was to get Houston Nutt we would be completely screwed

I was waiting to see if anyone caught that, i was gonna laugh if anyone agreed

what I want to know is if UK created a committee to help find the right coach like SMU did when they went after June Jones. It could be made of former players from different eras like Dermonti Dawson, Craig Yeast, Jared Lorenzen and football contributors from around the state. I think Barnhart running around the country doesn't do much for UK if he doesn't know what he's looking for.

Finally, and I'm serious on this one, I think there's a head coach in the Big Ten that could be a great fit at Kentucky, but won't be considered because of the year he's having. Danny Hope at Purdue
Fball what makes you think petersen or sumlin would come,if i was either one of them I doubt I would even return there call unless I used them to get a raise.
insideinfo Wrote:Fball what makes you think petersen or sumlin would come,if i was either one of them I doubt I would even return there call unless I used them to get a raise.

I said I'd offer them the keys to Fort Knox. That would be my first two calls. I never said either would come but I'd give it a try. Read the previous posts. That's all in there. Shoot for the moon before you settle for some old retread or scumbag that's desperate for a job.
What's important about Fort Knox? Never been there.
Strikeout King Wrote:What's important about Fort Knox? Never been there.

As in "all of the gold in".

Didnt you ever watch"Goldfinger"?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:
I would be fine for Petrino only staying at UK for four years.
Hell, he will win more games in those 4 years then Joker, Mumme, and Brooks all had together.

That would be 19 wins a year. Thats pretty D@^^ good right there.
Strikeout King Wrote:What's important about Fort Knox? Never been there.

We're going to let this slide King in hopes you're beach models torso has become a pillow for you.
Nope, never seen Goldfinger. Is it any good?
I heard some jibber jabber about a new candidate....HC of San Jose State....there's some good news!

This link addresses some of what we have already discussed.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=121585
Chad Morris Clemson's OC.
Strikeout King Wrote:Nope, never seen Goldfinger. Is it any good?

Yes it's a classic.

You did know that there was gold in Ft Knox though didnt you?
I don't know nothing about Fort Knox.
Now worries on Ft. Knox...if Ms. Beach is an indicator...you have great taste in attractive women!
At first thought i was really against anything to do with petrino, but i want to win and win soon. Tired of seeing UK getting used as a doormat. I would love to have Kirby Smart, but if not, then bring on Petrino cause i know he will at least win some games and win quick....
[quote=FBALL]I said I'd offer them the keys to Fort Knox. That would be my first two calls. I never said either would come but I'd give it a try. Read the previous posts. That's all in there. Shoot for the moon before you settle for some old retread or scumbag that's desperate for a job.[/QUOTE
If I was going to shoot for the moon I would probably start with Saben and i could name at least 20 more before either Petersen or Sumlin would be thought of.In reality we have to go after some one who wants a chance to become a head coach and is not afraid to derail his career.Kentucky reputation as being a dead end job really hurts.So I believe from the applicants we will receive leave us no choice but to go after Petrino with ever thing we got.
Then start with the Tide boss. I really really like Petrrson and Sumlin. Both are younger coaches that still have something to prove. That would just be where I would start. Boise is still on the outside looking in on the BCS and Peterson has probably accomplished about as much there as he can. Sumlin I think is the best young coach and leader out there. I don't know if A&M is his dream job or not but I'd at least throw him a giant offer and see.
SK we have to get you off of the computer some. Lol